#1 ·
Updated this , since its now released,

I figured we use the same thread to share reviews

See less See more
#3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by old corps /forum/post/21661945

Got it preordered as well as Hugo.

Ignorant question--How do you get release date delivery for .99?

Ed

Your question is valid. You have to be a prime member to get that for bluray release dates.

However on videogames if you preorder a game , most times they offer .99 release date delivery.

#4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2D3D /forum/post/21663931

Your question is valid. You have to be a prime member to get that for bluray release dates.

However on videogames if you preorder a game , most times they offer .99 release date delivery.

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it. For ME Prime isn't worth $79 @ year. I can wait a few days after the release date.

Ed

#5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by old corps /forum/post/21664968

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it. For ME Prime isn't worth $79 @ year. I can wait a few days after the release date.

Ed

Its not for me either but couple times a year I sign up for trial :lol: and during that time I order/preorder any movies and games I want. lol.

#7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin /forum/post/21670447

Im definitely picking this one up. Looked awesome at the movies can't wait to see it at home.

Definitely looking forward to this one. Looks pretty epic

#16 ·
Watched it last nite.

Storyline : 7 out of 10

Animation : 9 out of 10

3D : 8 out of 10

Sound : 8 out of 10

Overall : 8 out of 10.

The 3D is not the best but still pretty good. A lot more depth and hardly any popouts.

I used to enjoy TinTin comics when I was a kid, so its pretty cool to see TinTin as a movie, however the most annoying part about "the new TinTin" is that he is a bit slow and talks a lot to himself instead of taking action! Like when he realizes that his wallet was taken by a pocketpick, instead of instantly chase him, he takes his good old time to explain to us that he just realized that his wallet was stolen by a guy that he now barely sees

Overall a good movie, but it let me down as I went in with higher expectations....

#17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2D3D /forum/post/21776560

Watched it last nite.

Storyline : 7 out of 10

Animation : 9 out of 10

3D : 8 out of 10

Sound : 8 out of 10

Overall : 8 out of 10.

The 3D is not the best but still pretty good. A lot more depth and hardly any popouts.

I used to enjoy TinTin comics when I was a kid, so its pretty cool to see TinTin as a movie, however the most annoying part about "the new TinTin" is that he is a bit slow and talks a lot to himself instead of taking action! Like when he realizes that his wallet was taken by a pocketpick, instead of instantly chase him, he takes his good old time to explain to us that he just realized that his wallet was stolen by a guy that he now barely sees

Overall a good movie, but it let me down as I went in with higher expectations....

I could agree with this although I only watched in 2D (3D later on). I would say the audio is about a 9/10. Good but not great.

#20 ·
was at the local walmart and saw they had tintin 3d marked for 17.97 so I grabbed one up quick. Made sure to purchase it in the electronics dept. as I was certain this was the wrong price and they'd have to go check. Turns out they labeled it with the dvd copies price label but they did price change it. Kudos to me for being observant and saving myself 12 bucks.

#23 ·
Watched this Saturday on my 2010 Samsung 3D plasma. I'm not at all familiar with the character of Tin Tin (never even heard of him until this came out) but I found the movie entertaining and it played out a lot like what I would have liked from a Young Indiana Jones story - rollicking adventure, wild and improbable stunts, and an interesting mystery.

The quality of the CG was really amazing; take out the deliberately exaggerated characters and the environments were practically photo-realistic. I can only imagine what will be possible with CG movies in 10 years time; overpaid, aging flesh and blood actors could even become an endangered species.

In terms of the 3D, I experienced a nice sense of depth most of the time. Dark scenes seemed pretty flat however and the "glasses off" test showed that there was a distinct absence of double images when things got darker. The tradeoff was that ghosting was all but non-existent even on my older rig. There wasn't much in the way of popouts, just debris and the occasional cane or sword; stuff swiped towards the screen moved too fast for the eye to really focus in on the illusion. The movie had a 2.35:1 aspect ratio and this further impacted the sense of depth on my TV; its too bad Spielberg didn't have it rendered at 1.78:1 which is closer to the aspect ratio most people can enjoy at home with HDTVs.

Overall a fun, watchable movie with some amazing CG, decent replay value and good (but not great) 3D in my opinion.

#24 ·
Just watched this movie. I thought it was a good film. The animation was exceptional and the 3D was stellar. I rank this movie very high on my best 3D movies list. Sure there are little to no pop outs, but the characters really have depth and I really feel like I'm right there in the action.

#25 ·
I watched this on the weekend as well, really enjoyed it. Very much an Indiana Jones type of feel to it. Animation superb, story was really fun, and the 3D was excellent. Yes not many popouts, but very nice depth and the 3D effect was very subtle but effective.

I hope there is a series of these movies made, always a big fan of TinTin.

#26 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier1 /forum/post/0

I watched this on the weekend as well, really enjoyed it. Very much an Indiana Jones type of feel to it. Animation superb, story was really fun, and the 3D was excellent. Yes not many popouts, but very nice depth and the 3D effect was very subtle but effective.

I hope there is a series of these movies made, always a big fan of TinTin.

There are three movies in total being made - Peter Jackson will be directing the second in the series with Steven Spielberg executive producer (was vice versa for first film). I believe the third film does not yet have a director announced.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.