Samsung Explore 3D App - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 04-25-2012, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 91
I just purchased a Samsung BD-E5900, and I updated the firmware but I do not see the Samsung Explore 3D app in the Smart Hub. Tech support at Samsung was basically clueless...all they could tell me was that this is a new model and it is not on their website yet. Anyone have any idea as to whether or not this model supports that app. I can't seem to find anything after an afternoon of searching here and on other sites.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-25-2012, 07:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I just bought that player for my bedroom. Explore 3D is not listed and is not listed on a c6930 in my living room. Explore 3D is still on the TV though. I think I recall it being available on the TV's and not on the players.

post #3 of 6 Old 04-25-2012, 07:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Thank you.
post #4 of 6 Old 04-26-2012, 08:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
How good or bad is the cloud capability of this machine. I saw it on Amazon for a good price and am thinking of purchasing it.

Wolfie
post #5 of 6 Old 04-26-2012, 12:15 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post

How good or bad is the cloud capability of this machine. I saw it on Amazon for a good price and am thinking of purchasing it.

Wolfie

I guess you're referring to the "Disc to Digital" feature. I haven't played with the device much yet. I didn't have much interest in that feature so I can't say how well it works. Maybe Rudy will know.
Per the manual, you need a Flixter account if you want to stream the digital copies to another Internet connected device. It states you must also purchase the right to stream it to other devices. I guess it uses Flixter instead of something like iTunes as the vehicle to deliver the digital content. Apparently you can utilize a Samsung app instead of Flixter as a depository for the digital copy if you don't want to stream to another device.

post #6 of 6 Old 04-26-2012, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 45
FWIW, I had purchased an E5900 last week but had to return it as it would not play any BluRays. Right out of the box and after doing all the software updates I popped in Giants of Patagonia and the disc hitched and stuttered every few seconds and completely locked up after a minute of playback. 3D looked really bad during the brief playback (extreme ghosting) and it was also making a lot of weird noises while trying to play the disc. After the lockup I could not get the disc to eject and had to unplug the player and re-start it to get it to spit out the disc.

It seems to have pretty robust internet features but I didn't care for the remote (very small) and the thing felt chintzy and cheap; the green display on the front panel made me feel like I was back in the 1990s and the BluRay drive was clearly DOA out of the box.

I still have a Samsung C6900 from 2010 and that player just felt 100 times better than this new model and still works great (knocks wood); it also had a better remote and a more advanced looking design.

I decided to cut my losses and went with a Panasonic BDT220 which is working fine so far (knocks wood again) and has better controls for tweaking 3D.
Reply 3D Content

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page