Is everybody happy... - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 33 Old 05-08-2012, 10:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently switched from dish to direct mainly for the 3d content. My only gripe is that I waited so long to switch. Not only is the 3d content decent, their interface is light years ahead of dish. They also just added whole home Dvr for no extra charge. The 3d content needs to expand to have any viability but I'm sure it will grow over time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 Old 05-09-2012, 06:23 AM

Liked: 10
Nope, my cable provider has 1 3D preview channel running the same clips 24hrs a day 7 days a week. Then offer 1-2 PPV 3D movies.... terrible
post #33 of 33 Old 05-09-2012, 10:49 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoney805 View Post

I recently switched from dish to direct mainly for the 3d content. My only gripe is that I waited so long to switch. Not only is the 3d content decent, their interface is light years ahead of dish. They also just added whole home Dvr for no extra charge. The 3d content needs to expand to have any viability but I'm sure it will grow over time.

Dont expect 3d offerings to expand, if anything 3net will go off the air, 3d is in a holding pattern right now, it isnt liked by many and is seen as a "gimmick". When I would get a caller with 3d I would get so giddy with excitement but they were few and far between. I usually always asked DTV customers what brand of television they had and Samsung by far seemed to be the most popular. Anyway, you are aware of Directv Cinema Plus as well as tv apps and being able to watch youtube on your receiver as well correct? Also if DTV ever adds the 3d category on HBO and Starz Directv Cinema Plus could someone please post that immediately as I would switch back in a second, because to me, the content provided on those two channels is more valuable to me than 3net and espn 3d so that is why I switched.
Reply 3D Content

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page