Closer to the edge 3D Bluray - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 05-02-2012, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anybody see this? I saw this on my HMZ-T1 a few days ago and was blown away, specificaly by the race portion of the movie. If you dont know, it is a documentary about the TT motorcycle race that goes on every year in the Isle of Man, it is the most dangerous race in the world.

This was filmed with 3D cameras.

Do you guys know of any similar blurays like this one? I only like to buy films (documentaries or films) that were filmed with 3D in mind (3d cameras, etc)

I've been reading about the born to be wild nature 3d bluray and apparently that one is really good?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-03-2012, 07:08 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Check out these two sites.

In the second column on this one, in brackets at the end, you can tell whether the movie was filmed in Native 3D or not.
http://www.3dmovielist.com/3ddvds.html

This one is just a list of 3D movies sorted by whether they were filmed natively in 3D or not.
http://realorfake3d.com/

HTH
post #3 of 5 Old 05-03-2012, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikonf5 View Post

Check out these two sites.

In the second column on this one, in brackets at the end, you can tell whether the movie was filmed in Native 3D or not.
http://www.3dmovielist.com/3ddvds.html

This one is just a list of 3D movies sorted by whether they were filmed natively in 3D or not.
http://realorfake3d.com/

HTH

Thank you very much
post #4 of 5 Old 10-06-2014, 09:11 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Decided to order this last week and it arrived today. Pretty good bargain basement price so it was a no brainer to order. Ordered it from Amazon UK and it is a region B so Caveat Emptor!

I had this on preorder from 3Dbluray rentals but this was the title they refunded because it was not available to them. Most likely the reason was it was released in Region B.

I'll be watching it this evening.
post #5 of 5 Old 10-07-2014, 12:01 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Watched this last evening. The 3D is OK, typical low budget 3D documentary using a single 3D camera with fixed IA, plus what looked like some smaller 3D camcorders for action shots.

The movie is about a high speed motorcycle race in Grand Prix style on public roads, considered the most deadly race in the world on the Isle of Man, UK.

Interviews with racers including Guy Martin, a 15 time winner mixed with racing scenes and 3D POV of the riders at 200mph.

I would not buy this unless you are a fan of motorcycling and motorcycle racing. The narration and interviews were very difficult to understand due to extremely fast talking with a strange uncommon Brittish accent, not sure what. I'm always interested in how others do documentaries in making use of 3D which is why I spent the small amount of money to have a look. It is a Region B disk.
Reply 3D Content

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page