Creature From the Black Lagoon in 3-D - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 07-19-2013, 09:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Universal should release all the sequels to the movies in the Universal Monsters box and add as bonuses, both ROTC and It Came From Outer Space in 3D.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2013, 10:17 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Send your requests to Universal Home Video....can't hurt.
With all of their resources, it seems they would expand on their 'special features' instead of just recycling the same ones over and over.

I never could understand why every entry can't have expanded cast bios, and poster/still gallery's....and a commentary by at least one knowledgable film authority.

The 'double feature' DVDs has cast bios, but these were not part of the legacy series.....and with all the fans/collectors that are willing to share pix of stills and posters, there is no reason not to have them.
Fan participation is important.
Recall the first example of Special Edition Wolf Man cover art? It was a shot of Chaney as the Wolf Man but the pix was from one of the later sequels, not the 1941 film....if not for fans pointing this gaffe out....

Seems quality control is not what it should be and U should have folks involved that know these movies by heart and can correct errors.

It's like showing a pix of Glen Strange as the Frankenstein monster, and placing it in a gallery for one of the Karloff films.....showing a picture of the Mummy Kharis as part of the 1932 Mummy Im-ho-tep.

Universal has a great history, and it drives me crazy when dumb stuff like this happens.

Rant over now.....sorry.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:37 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks to all the suggestions, I got this from amazon. I can't believe how well it holds up and the quality of the 3D. Hate to say it, but I have watched it almost three times since I got it. Looking forward to any more releases like this! I have now added House of Wax to my amazon wish list lol.

-Brian
Old 08-01-2013, 10:18 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 38
House of Wax will debut in October....should be fun.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:19 AM
ADU
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug View Post

Universal should release all the sequels to the movies in the Universal Monsters box and add as bonuses, both ROTC and It Came From Outer Space in 3D.

Agreed! In some ways, I thought the sequel to CFTBL was better than the original.

ADU
Old 08-13-2013, 08:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Watched it on TCM recently and didn't like it at all. The original was a classic but the other two were so-so at best.