Samsung DLP checkerboard help please (I hope I am in the right forum - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 07-04-2012, 10:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I bought one of those 3D Emitter boxes with 4 pair of glasses on Ebay from the 3DTV Corp company and cant get it to work with either my laptop or sony blu ray as the source.

If I try to set it up with my Dell laptop with nvidia 3D vision built into it (with a built in emitter) I hook up the hdmi port on my laptop to the hdmi3/dvi connector on back of TV, then hook the emitter that came with glasses to the 3D sync out 3 pin connector on back of TV, and when I run the setup on nvidia control panel, it tells me that vesa emitter cable is disconnected or stereoscopic 3D is not turned on on tv. (I went into my TV setup screen and 3D is turned onto mode 1.

I will stop for now so i can get some advice on getting my laptop to work with this emitter and glasses kit. I will ask more later about why my Sony 3D blu ray player wont work either.

My Samsung DLP TV is model; HL61A650C1FXZA

Laptop is Dell XPS L702X, Windows7 with Nvidia Stereoscopic 3D Vision with built in emitter and 3D glasses for laptop

The 3D kit I bought from 3DTV Corp is the Gen2Pro / Home Emitter with 4 pair of Glasses.

Thanks so much in advance for any help I can get with this setup...

Rich J
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-04-2012, 11:37 AM

Try this thread below?

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1280874/3d-on-samsung-1080p-dlp-with-mitsubishi-3da-1-and-no-gefen
post #3 of 8 Old 07-04-2012, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you very much, I was able to get it to work with software I had on my laptop already, so I didn't have to buy anything else.

:-)

Is there a way to get the PS3 to play in 3D on these old Samsung DLP's that are "3D-Ready" ???
post #4 of 8 Old 07-05-2012, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guarddog32 View Post

Is there a way to get the PS3 to play in 3D on these old Samsung DLP's that are "3D-Ready" ???

Yeah, sure. Read the article posted above about using the Mitsubishi 3DA-1. I use my PS3 in 3D on my HL-T6187S all the time.
post #5 of 8 Old 07-05-2012, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

Ok, let me rephrase my question, can you hook up your PS3 on these old Samsung DLP's that need checkboard WITHOUT having to buy a 300 device (thats a total ripoff if you ask me)

Thanks for your help by the way

Rich

:@)
post #6 of 8 Old 07-07-2012, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guarddog32 View Post

Ok, let me rephrase my question, can you hook up your PS3 on these old Samsung DLP's that need checkboard WITHOUT having to buy a 300 device (thats a total ripoff if you ask me)
Thanks for your help by the way
Rich
:@)

Sorry the TV will not work without a device that converts that output to checkerboard and the PS3 does not. The only Blu-ray player that I know of that has an option to output checkerboard is the Panasonic Blu-ray players plus computer that have an HDMI output that has software that can output checkerboard Cyberlink DVD Ultra).
post #7 of 8 Old 07-10-2012, 07:22 AM - Thread Starter

Hmmmmmmmm ok. I wonder if I can hook up my PS3's hdmi cable to my laptop, then hook up the laptop to the HDMI3 port on the TV, then somehow get the PS3 to play through the Cyberlink PowerDVD 9.6 software installed on my PC that can convert signal to Checker Board format. Ever hear of anyone doing that before?
post #8 of 8 Old 07-11-2012, 12:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
No, because you are almost surely going to add some lag time in the process. Make a move with the controller and watch it happen a short moment later.
Look hard - you'll find a 3DA-1 for about $150 somewhere. Totally worth it.

OK I just looked - this is getting more rare by the day. Maybe your best bet is to buy the starter kit for $300 and sell the glasses that come with it.
Reply 3D Content

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page