Watching movies in 3d on plasma tv - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-01-2012, 02:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,
i have new LG 50pz570 plasma tv. I want to watch blu ray movies in 3d, so i run Avatar 3d blu ray with PowerDVD 12 but the final result was not satisfying. On TV i have 5 3d modes: 2D->3D, side by side, top & bottom, checkerboard and frame sequential. In powerdvd i set up HDMI 1.4 capable TV. When choosing frame sequential the 3d was not 3d as i said. In which format of these are 3d blu rays?

Finally i decided to download Nvidia 3dtv play trial, set it up, then i had no option to select 3d mode(looks like LG glasses were cooperating with 3dtvplay directly), but 3D was real 3D. So does it mean i need 3dtv play to play 3d blu rays or i just need to change some settings in PowerDVD? thx for answers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-01-2012, 06:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 39
You might get an answer here but you would have a better chance if you post your question in "Displays" or "Tech Talk".
post #3 of 3 Old 10-02-2012, 11:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 23
You should not need 3dtv play, it is for games.

Non of the 3d formats is Bluray; you should set the tv to Auto, or similar; or, I suppose it disregards this setting when being fed hdmi1.4 3d, and automatically shows the bluray frame-packed format.

It probably worked after you installed 3dtv play because it either configured the video card for 3d, or made you enable the setting (in NVidia control panel).
Reply 3D Content

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page