Avatar and Prometheus 3D Blu-Ray's at Amazon.ca for Canucks - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 10-10-2012, 08:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Both of these discs on sale for $24-29 with free shipping. Plus if you sign up for a Amazon CC u get another $15 off. All-in price for both $47 (incl taxes). I don't see those kinds of deals in Canada that often.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2012, 11:49 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just finished watching Prometheus and out of of 15 or so 3D movies i have this is by far the best one, this will definitely be the disc that i show off my Epson 5010 projector with, the 3D is absolutly the best non CGI movie i have seen on my projector.
i will be ordering the Avatar movie as well and i look forward to this one as well.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:09 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Saw Prometheus 3D Tuesday night and I, too, really liked it. The scifi story was most fascinating for me. The 3D was a bit darker than Avatar but the imagery was futuristic and interesting. The 3D in Prometheus is really important to see the scope of the ship's control and the mapping of the cave. Having been an underwater cave cartographer in a former career, I really liked the way that was presented in s3D.

While I am now renting most of my 3D movie experiences these days, thanks to 3D-blurayrental.com, for this one I decided to buy the complete set.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:54 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 49
I don't really think the 3D on the Prometheous Blu-Ray was all that good to be honest. It was really rather too subtle for my taste and all to often there was no appreciable offset to produce any real sense of depth. For example, the large room where Wayland did his virtual presentation to the crew was a very large space but you never really get a sense of that. The back wall of that room should have been well back behind the screen but becuase the 3D was so subtle it more or less looked 2D on my HT.

My opinion of the 3D in Prometheous on the Blu-Ray release is that its hit and miss and mostly miss!
Old 10-12-2012, 03:47 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Futureshop is selling Prometheus 3D for 20$ if you trade in any dvd or blu ray, they are doing the same deal with avatar when it comes out next week.

Tags
Avatar 3d Blu Ray Collectors Edition