Amazing Spider Man Not Working with Samsung Blu Ray Player? - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 70 Old 01-08-2013, 08:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
where did you get the vervision 1057 firmware?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 70 Old 01-09-2013, 09:34 PM

I got mine off the Samsung website put it on a USB and moved it over. I had to clear my USB and unzip all files for it to work. sipderman and resident evil retribution work just fine..
post #63 of 70 Old 01-09-2013, 09:34 PM

I got mine off the Samsung website put it on a USB and moved it over. I had to clear my USB and unzip all files for it to work. sipderman and resident evil retribution work just fine..
post #64 of 70 Old 01-10-2013, 06:27 PM

I can confirm the disc not playing issue has been resolved. You can download the firmware wirelessly or via this website: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/BD-E5900/ZA
post #65 of 70 Old 01-11-2013, 12:22 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by anckentucky View Post

I can confirm the disc not playing issue has been resolved. You can download the firmware wirelessly or via this website: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/BD-E5900/ZA

After you go to that link , click on - see all downloads - then look for - Firmware - at the bottom , and then click that .
post #66 of 70 Old 01-24-2013, 10:09 AM

I am having the same exact problem! I bought the Plasma 3D tv with the Samsung Blue 3D player. But it stops right after the copyright protection statement. About 00:19 into it. I took back the blueray player thinking that was the problem but it works fine. I took back the movie at Target and traded it for the exact same one and THIS ONE doesn't work either. I'm going to mail the production company and request a new DVD. Could be a batch error problem.
post #67 of 70 Old 01-30-2013, 11:32 AM

I'm sure there is some code on the unit that gives a manufacturing date and it's pretty safe to say that your player has been sitting on a shelf for a few months....so you have to know that a player you buy will more than likely not have the manufacturer's most recent software already loaded on it. I didn't think about this when I first bought my player but it makes sense to me now of course.

And if you have read other posts you may have seen one that says Samsung released their 3D players before they were ready to accept the many different 3D formats. (These are my words but you get my drift.)

So, to download the most current software, follow these steps:
1. TV and DVD player are turned on.

2. Set the input mode on your TV to your DVD player. You'll be using your player's remote control, not the TV's remote. (Unless you have it all programmed to one remote...in which case you are way more tech savvy than me and you probably do not need these instructions!)

3. Press the Tools button. Press the right arrow button to move over to Settings...then press Settings.

4. Move down arrow button to the Support option; press it.

5. Press Software Upgrade. It will prompt you as to which method you want to use to download software: online, usb, or disc.
I have wireless so I chose Online. You can use this option also if you have a cable connected.
If you want to use a USB thumb drive you will have to download the software from the Samsung website first.
I believe there is a link to it in an earlier post from someone. Your USB cannot have ANYTHING on it. It has to
be completely blank! Once you have the USB drive ready, chose that option and plug the drive into your player.

6. The download will occur....takes a little bit but not to long.

Tools -> Settings -> Support -> Software Upgrade
post #68 of 70 Old 02-24-2013, 07:10 AM

I'm having the same problem. I have the same equipment. The first 3d dvd I got from costco, they took it back. I recently bought another copy off of amazon. I tried it last night and the same deal, it seems to crash having selecting 'play"

I have Men in Black 3d which is also a Sony 3D DVD. Did you ever what the problem is?
post #69 of 70 Old 02-25-2013, 08:17 AM

oogface, your post doesn't say whether or not you have downloaded the most current firmware/software. You must do this! If you're not sure what to do look for a previous post from me in this thread that describes the steps to take. Then you should be set to go. If it doesn't fix the problem.....then I would be at a loss as to your next step. We had three 3D movies that wouldn't play but they do now after updating to the most current firmware. We've bought a couple more movies since then and have not had any problems. One more thing: when updating to the current firmware, if you choose to use a thumb drive as the method to transfer the FW, make sure your thumb drive is completely empty of any files. Good luck!
post #70 of 70 Old 09-17-2013, 02:40 PM

Yes, exactly the same problem and mine is current on updates. However, the Samsung customer service guy suggested that I unplug it and then plug it back in to reboot. Works now! I see below that some others fixed theirs the same way.
Reply 3D Content

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page