Amazing Spider Man Not Working with Samsung Blu Ray Player? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 70 Old 11-11-2012, 03:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone else is having an issue with the Amazing Spider Man movie playing with a Samsung Blu Ray 3D Player?

I have the Samsung BD-E5900 and a Samsung Plasma TV (PN51E550) and it just doesn't seem to work. It keeps getting stuck after you hit play and it shows you the Piracy Warning / FBI warning etc... After those show it just goes to a black screen and nothing happens.

I made sure the firmware was current, etc...

I was just wondering if anyone else is having a problem, before I try to figure out if the disc or player i sbad.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 70 Old 11-11-2012, 04:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 780
I had a weird problem with a disc recently and even though it looked clean, after a cleaning it worked properly. Couldn't hurt...

post #3 of 70 Old 11-11-2012, 04:43 PM - Thread Starter

I wiped the disc with my cloth, but didn't put any cleaner on it. I guess I will give it a try. It seems to get stuck and seems to lock up the player - keeping me from doing anything with the remote. It's really weird.

I'll try the cleaner and report back....
post #4 of 70 Old 11-11-2012, 05:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Try updating your bd player, it seems there are new updates for Samsung bluray players every other week. Updates help with compatibility.
post #5 of 70 Old 11-11-2012, 05:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 780
Could just be a defective disc, too. Bad ones do exist.

post #6 of 70 Old 11-11-2012, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagit811 View Post

Try updating your bd player, it seems there are new updates for Samsung bluray players every other week. Updates help with compatibility.

It's a brand new player and I ran the updater to get the new update. Just checked to make sure. Still no go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post

Could just be a defective disc, too. Bad ones do exist.

I am thinking it is a bad disc. It's a brand new player, updated the software, cleaned the disc and none of that worked. Checked another 3D movie, to make sure it wasn't the player and that one worked fine. I will try taking the disc back to Best Buy to exchange.

Thanks for the tips everyone...
post #7 of 70 Old 11-12-2012, 12:12 PM

I bought the Spiderman 3d Blu Ray movie from Costco last weekend and had exactly the same problem on Samsung BD E5900 and have the 60" Samsung 3d TV. I can see the scenes list but the movie will not play. Also, my updates to the firmware are to the most recent one. One other guy complained about this in Amazon. I am not sure if I should exchange it in Costco.
post #8 of 70 Old 11-12-2012, 04:26 PM - Thread Starter

Well I returned the disc and got a new one. Came back home put it in and it's still a no-go. Same situation as yesterday. So for some reason The Amazing Spiderman doesn't play well with the 3D Blu Ray player. I checked to see if there is a new software update for the player, but I have the latest. I guess I will have to wait until they release an update, before I can play this movie. rolleyes.gifmad.gif
post #9 of 70 Old 11-12-2012, 05:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmclay View Post

Well I returned the disc and got a new one. Came back home put it in and it's still a no-go. Same situation as yesterday. So for some reason The Amazing Spiderman doesn't play well with the 3D Blu Ray player. I checked to see if there is a new software update for the player, but I have the latest. I guess I will have to wait until they release an update, before I can play this movie. rolleyes.gifmad.gif

Does Abe Lincoln or The Avengers play? I have a C series and an E series Samsung player. The E series worked fine on both of those movies, but the C series wouldn't play either. I checked the online update for the C series player and it said I had the most recent firmware. I checked the Samsung website and there was an Oct 2012 USB firmware update available for the C series. I loaded that firmware and both movies played.

post #10 of 70 Old 11-12-2012, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferl View Post

Does Abe Lincoln or The Avengers play? I have a C series and an E series Samsung player. The E series worked fine on both of those movies, but the C series wouldn't play either. I checked the online update for the C series player and it said I had the most recent firmware. I checked the Samsung website and there was an Oct 2012 USB firmware update available for the C series. I loaded that firmware and both movies played.

Checked with the website and I have the latest firmware. I also did a chat with the Samsung Tech support and they walked me through resetting the hub and then also turning off bd-live, saying that we did all the troubleshooting steps. They took the info and are submitting it to someone to create a software package to fix it - supposedly.

I will try the Avengers disc to see if that plays.

Thanks for the suggestion.
post #11 of 70 Old 11-13-2012, 01:49 AM

The problem is not the disc it's the company. Samsung is always late on their software updates for the 3d blu ray players. The current software is 1053 without a software update your screwed. Last big movie was hunger games and it was around 3 months after the release date when they released a software patch..they try to blame Sony since the own the rights to blu ray but who know what's what. If you call samsung they will tell you they have people working on a patch and it will be released as soon as its available
post #12 of 70 Old 11-13-2012, 06:35 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fowltactikz View Post

The problem is not the disc it's the company. Samsung is always late on their software updates for the 3d blu ray players. The current software is 1053 without a software update your screwed. Last big movie was hunger games and it was around 3 months after the release date when they released a software patch..they try to blame Sony since the own the rights to blu ray but who know what's what. If you call samsung they will tell you they have people working on a patch and it will be released as soon as its available

Well that isn't what I wanted to hear. Is there a player that doesn't take months to turn things like this around? That is very discouraging, and i would like to take it back and exchange it, since it's new, if there is a player that us more consistent.

I bought this one because it linked with my Samsung TV.
post #13 of 70 Old 11-13-2012, 08:14 AM

I am having the exact same problem...you are not alone...I was just about to try swap blu rays...I guess ill see where this thread leads to.
post #14 of 70 Old 11-13-2012, 09:03 AM

The Avengers 3d blu ray movie worked after the 1053 update about 2 weeks back. I had bought the player about 2 weeks back. If this is an ongoing issue, I would rather return this piece and buy a sony new player if the updates from Samsung take this long.
post #15 of 70 Old 11-13-2012, 12:29 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I have a older c6900 with the "latest update" & it does play Spider man in 3D .

The first Movie that would not play for me was Lorax , So I had to update back in August.

Samsung 65" LED

USA - Calif
post #16 of 70 Old 11-14-2012, 08:05 AM

+1. Samsung ES5900 with latest firmware and I am having the same symtoms. I went through Samsung's troubleshooting steps posted on their site including turning off BD live with no success. I got this player bundled with the TV from Amazon. i am not sure I can return it without a lot of hassle.
post #17 of 70 Old 11-14-2012, 10:33 AM

I went to BestBuy and swapped the samsung player with Sony BDP-S590 and the 3D Spiderman Blu Ray movie works fine. Seems like Sony guys are upto date with the patches. Maybe BluRay is their trademark?
post #18 of 70 Old 11-14-2012, 11:10 AM

I had this same problem with "the Hunger Games". I was ready to return the vid but after preloading for over 5 minutes PRESTO !! it worked. I'll rent Spidy this weekend and see if it works on my Samsung.
post #19 of 70 Old 11-15-2012, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satish Anthony View Post

I went to BestBuy and swapped the samsung player with Sony BDP-S590 and the 3D Spiderman Blu Ray movie works fine. Seems like Sony guys are upto date with the patches. Maybe BluRay is their trademark?

I am going to check with Pauls TV to see if I can swap it for any other 3D Blu Ray player. It doesn't make sense to keep a player that doesn't play 3D Blu Ray's, even if it does have special features because it is built to work with my TV. It just doesn't make sense to not be able to see new movies for weeks on end.
post #20 of 70 Old 11-16-2012, 03:00 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I don't recall the disk now but I had one in there that my Sammy player refused to play and after a few tries I gave up in disgust and walked away. Must have been ten minutes later I heard the movie start playing and it turns out I had not turned it off and it had eventually churned long enough it decided to play. Not likely going to work for you but you never know. I have to say several movies have taken near long enough to play that I was about to give up the ghost but we're talking more like a few minutes than longer. All that said I picked up the same disc at Costco so I reckon I'm going to have to throw it in and see what happens. frown.gif
post #21 of 70 Old 11-16-2012, 03:12 PM

Too late to edit my post. I thought I had the same player but it turns out mine is the BD-C6800 and it does play the disc. I went all the way into the movie to be sure. Not sure what this means in terms of when an upgrade is coming for your player if it means anything at all but I guess its out there if anyone can make anything of it.
post #22 of 70 Old 11-16-2012, 03:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crab View Post

Too late to edit my post. I thought I had the same player but it turns out mine is the BD-C6800 and it does play the disc.

What firmware version are you on? 1016.2 ?

post #23 of 70 Old 11-16-2012, 04:27 PM

I am having the exact same problem with the same blu ray player and a Samsung LED 3D TV. After the Piracy Warnings, the screen goes black. I also have an LG 3D with an LG Blu Ray and the movie plays fine on that setup, so it just seems to be an issue with the Samsung. Any ideas on how to notify Samsung so they'll get a firmware update?

George
post #24 of 70 Old 11-16-2012, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferl View Post

What firmware version are you on? 1016.2 ?

No, mine shows 1012.1 and claims there is no further upgrade available.
post #25 of 70 Old 11-17-2012, 04:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crab View Post

No, mine shows 1012.1 and claims there is no further upgrade available.

My player won't update via the Internet connection anymore, but you can still update by downloading from the Samsung website and updating the firmware using the USB port. Looks like 1014.1 is the latest for the C6800. It's worth a shot. It may speed things up. I have a different C series model and I'm on 1016. My player wouldn't play The Avengers or Abe Lincoln until I updated. It hung on the piracy statement.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/BD-C6800/XAA?

post #26 of 70 Old 11-18-2012, 07:18 PM

Yes, I can confirm we are having the same issue with this disc and the Samsung player.
post #27 of 70 Old 11-19-2012, 08:10 PM

Liked: 12
AW...I have a Samsung 3D Blu Ray player, and I saw this thread but payed it no mind until I went to play the Spiderman disc I bought Friday...doesn't work. The Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter disc required a software update. So it was updated when I put the disc in. If I gotta wait months to get the right update I'll return it.
post #28 of 70 Old 11-20-2012, 12:52 PM

ITS WORKING NOW...after I did the ol' customer service stand by, unplug the player smile.gif. Bizarre...when I first put Spidey in, I would only get the "clean disc" error. So then I put other discs in after that, that had been working, BBC Life and Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter, and now THEY got the "clean disc" error, so nothing was working smile.gif. Whatever was wrong with the Spidey disc messed up the entire blu ray reader. So that immediately got me to do the ol' unplug. Usually for 30 seconds, but I got caught in some 360 gaming, so it may have been unplugged as long as a half hour.

When I plugged it back in, Life and Abe were working. Out of curiosity I tried the Spidey disc again-and it now works smile.gif. So I guess theres some initial joilt to the disc readers, but after you unplug it, it corrects itself. Not sure if its 30 seconds or longer, I just forgot about it for a half hour. But give it a try.

Its probably also important to put OTHER discs in FIRST after you unplug, before trying the Spidey disc. I'm not sure what exactly triggered it to work, so just follow my steps.
post #29 of 70 Old 11-20-2012, 01:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreHD View Post

ITS WORKING NOW...after I did the ol' customer service stand by, unplug the player smile.gif. Bizarre...when I first put Spidey in, I would only get the "clean disc" error. So then I put other discs in after that, that had been working, BBC Life and Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter, and now THEY got the "clean disc" error, so nothing was working smile.gif. Whatever was wrong with the Spidey disc messed up the entire blu ray reader. So that immediately got me to do the ol' unplug. Usually for 30 seconds, but I got caught in some 360 gaming, so it may have been unplugged as long as a half hour.
When I plugged it back in, Life and Abe were working. Out of curiosity I tried the Spidey disc again-and it now works smile.gif. So I guess theres some initial joilt to the disc readers, but after you unplug it, it corrects itself. Not sure if its 30 seconds or longer, I just forgot about it for a half hour. But give it a try.
Its probably also important to put OTHER discs in FIRST after you unplug, before trying the Spidey disc. I'm not sure what exactly triggered it to work, so just follow my steps.

So you have the E5900 player? What is the firmware release that you're on?

post #30 of 70 Old 11-20-2012, 01:28 PM

I have the B- D6500, a couple days ago I updated to 2012/10/19_001030

I guess the 'ol customer service time waster actually works 2% of the time biggrin.gif!
Reply 3D Content

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page