Step Up 4: Revolution 3D - Great 3D Photography - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 12-03-2012, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I watched "Step Up 4: Revolution 3D" last night and was quite impressed with the quality of the 3D phtography and the way it enhanced the very interesting dance sequences throughout the film. Yeah, the script is pretty poor and is just an excuse to hang the musical numbers together but the director and the DP seem to really get how to use depth in all the scenes of the movie to their advantage. Even dialog scenes had a nice rounded 3D feel that enhanced the viewing experience for me.

What amazes me in how some of these lesser genre films come out with well done, interesting and engaging native 3D photography while these big budget blockbusters are either post converted or poorly realized, i.e. Spiderman. Check this one out if you like Step Up style music video type dance clips. To me this is a keeper regardless of its cute but bland stars.

There is great use of the Miami locations!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-03-2012, 02:22 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Looking forward to seeing this one when it hits bargain bin prices. Have you seen Step Up 3D too? Loved the 3D photography in that movie. I really wish they had let Jon Chu shoot G.I. Joe: Retaliation natively.

It seems like stereographers are granted more control over the 3D creative process in smaller budget films, compared to blockbusters. Some 3D-naiive directors need to be more willing to involve 3D experts in their decisions on how to use 3D.
post #3 of 5 Old 12-03-2012, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange11 View Post

Looking forward to seeing this one when it hits bargain bin prices. Have you seen Step Up 3D too? Loved the 3D photography in that movie. I really wish they had let Jon Chu shoot G.I. Joe: Retaliation natively..

Yeah "Step Up 3D" really got in your face at times but you knew you were seeing a 3D movie. GI Joe and Battleship cry out for 3D.
Quote:
It seems like stereographers are granted more control over the 3D creative process in smaller budget films, compared to blockbusters. Some 3D-naiive directors need to be more willing to involve 3D experts in their decisions on how to use 3D.

So true.
post #4 of 5 Old 12-06-2012, 11:28 AM

Liked: 13
The 3D in this movie was nice, on par with 'Step Up 3D'. There were some far back shots with a wide lens, some pop-outs, and throw stuff in your face that were cool. I don't think it was as good as 'Step Up 3D'. Maybe it's because the story and dance sequences were not that strong at all. Only the museum and last part that had cool dancing, but the 'Step Up 3D' with the young goofy breaker and the robot master had way better dancing. Actually the special feature had a part where they showed the dancers killing some time in between shots and I think they could've added a couple of the "helicopter" shots in the actual movie. That part was pretty neat so make sure to watch that as well.

post #5 of 5 Old 11-13-2013, 08:49 AM

Liked: 16
The 3D in this movie was very clear

One of the opening scenes when the three girls in bikinis walk by and you can see their bums nice and clear rocks !

It helps that it is a 'bright' movie with lots of colorful day scenes
Reply 3D Content

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page