post #331 of 615 Old 04-26-2014, 09:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by humbland View Post

Laptop computer.
The Netflix 3D category will only show up on certain "supported" devices. I doubt a laptop is one of them (don't use one so not saying for sure). I get Netflix 3D on my Sony 6200 blu-ray player but not on my Sony 590.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 615 Old 04-26-2014, 10:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by terry2 View Post

The Netflix 3D category will only show up on certain "supported" devices. I doubt a laptop is one of them (don't use one so not saying for sure). I get Netflix 3D on my Sony 6200 blu-ray player but not on my Sony 590.

+1

Nor does it work on my Sony 570, my Panny 220 or any of my Rokus. Oh, and I wouldn't suggest getting a Sony 5100 to get it although it "has it".

Right Terry?wink.gifrolleyes.gifsmile.gif
post #333 of 615 Old 04-26-2014, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old corps View Post

+1

Nor does it work on my Sony 570, my Panny 220 or any of my Rokus. Oh, and I wouldn't suggest getting a Sony 5100 to get it although it "has it".

Right Terry?wink.gifrolleyes.gifsmile.gif
Yep --- two 5100's that didn't work for Netflix 3D was enough for me.
post #334 of 615 Old 04-26-2014, 02:00 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 29

Netflix 3D streaming has turned out to pretty great on my Vizio M601d-A3R. But I was disappointed to see the 3D options for both The Croods and Turbo have been removed. Anyone know why an already small 3D library is being reduced even further?

post #335 of 615 Old 04-26-2014, 07:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolandL View Post

Right after the "Recently Watched by Roland" and before "Popular on Netflix" lists there is a 3D list

New 3d user here and I too have a 3d category in netflix. Using a samsung (7500?) blu ray player. Not at home right to confirm the model #
post #336 of 615 Old 04-26-2014, 10:15 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekaaaans View Post

Netflix 3D streaming has turned out to pretty great on my Vizio M601d-A3R. But I was disappointed to see the 3D options for both The Croods and Turbo have been removed. Anyone know why an already small 3D library is being reduced even further?

Last I checked I had a number of titles we used to see in 3D disappear from the section. However, I did a search on them and they were still available, in 3D, from the search. They were also in my "recently viewed" group. Some time ago, I accessed every 3D title and now all of them are still in the My recent views section. Still, a mystery on why they don't show up in the 3D section.
post #337 of 615 Old 04-27-2014, 12:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Landis View Post

Last I checked I had a number of titles we used to see in 3D disappear from the section. However, I did a search on them and they were still available, in 3D, from the search. They were also in my "recently viewed" group. Some time ago, I accessed every 3D title and now all of them are still in the My recent views section. Still, a mystery on why they don't show up in the 3D section.

any good ones that are hiding from the 3d section?
post #338 of 615 Old 05-02-2014, 08:40 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My LG BP620 does not support Netflix 3D. I now gave to go out and buy a new steaming device to get it. I called Netflix yesterday to get the list of devices, but they didn't have that info and it's not on the website anymore.

Any suggestions on the best Blu-ray player or streaming device that can stream Netflix 3D?
post #339 of 615 Old 05-02-2014, 10:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig and Spike View Post

My LG BP620 does not support Netflix 3D. I now gave to go out and buy a new steaming device to get it. I called Netflix yesterday to get the list of devices, but they didn't have that info and it's not on the website anymore.

Any suggestions on the best Blu-ray player or streaming device that can stream Netflix 3D?

I'm currently using the Panasonic DMP-BDT330 Blu-ray player:

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMPBDT330-Upscaling-Blu-Ray-Player/dp/B00AYB3OOY/ref=sr_1_1/178-0414043-3225543?ie=UTF8&qid=1399048818&sr=8-1&keywords=panasonic+dmpbdt330
Dig and Spike likes this.
post #340 of 615 Old 05-02-2014, 12:50 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 934 Post(s)
Liked: 814
Quote:

Yep --- two 5100's that didn't work for Netflix 3D was enough for me.

??? I have a couple of S5100's and an S6200. I haven't played back a Netflix 3D title in the last few weeks but I don't recall having any issues prior to that. As long as I could get the 12mbps or so needed to stream the Netflix 3D.

40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #341 of 615 Old 05-02-2014, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

??? I have a couple of S5100's and an S6200. I haven't played back a Netflix 3D title in the last few weeks but I don't recall having any issues prior to that. As long as I could get the 12mbps or so needed to stream the Netflix 3D.
I had two new 5100's from Amazon. Both of them would only play about 4 of the Netflix 3D tiltles. The rest of the titles either wouldn't load or would freeze or lock-up the players. The problem happened on the same titles on both units. The ones that worked played from start to finish without issue. I saw on another forum where a couple of others with a new unit had the same issue. Seems like older units worked. I returned both of them and got a 6200. It's works without issue on all the Netflix 3D titles.
post #342 of 615 Old 05-02-2014, 08:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

I had to send my S5100 back to Amazon because EVERY Netflix 3D title would not play and most would lock up the player requiring a hard reset (crawling into a mass of wiring behind my set up to unplug). rolleyes.gif

Glad yours works for you.

Ed

BTW, I have excellent internet-35mbps.
post #343 of 615 Old 05-04-2014, 07:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:

I had two new 5100's from Amazon. Both of them would only play about 4 of the Netflix 3D tiltles. The rest of the titles either wouldn't load or would freeze or lock-up the players. The problem happened on the same titles on both units. The ones that worked played from start to finish without issue. I saw on another forum where a couple of others with a new unit had the same issue. Seems like older units worked. I returned both of them and got a 6200. It's works without issue on all the Netflix 3D titles.

I think you're on to something since so many units have no problem with Netflix 3D and now there seem to be a lot of units that don't work properly.
post #344 of 615 Old 05-19-2014, 09:39 PM
AVS Club Gold

It was a boring night for TV so I decided to make a visit to see what's new on Netflix 3D. Nothing new but I saw one title that always had technical difficulties last winter.

The Art of Flight

Wow! They fixed the delivery of this and I ended up watching it twice. If you want to see a perfect 3D presentation, this one is it. Very high quality and edge of your seat adrenalin rush action with beautiful scenery from some of the most remote locations in the world. The ability to capture good 3D of the mountain ranges without eye fatigue was fascinating. It was a blend of 2D to 3D conversion and native 3D. Directed and edited by Curt Morgan.

If you can't get Netflix 3D I think this is also available on Blu Ray.
post #345 of 615 Old 05-21-2014, 07:42 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Tried out Netflex 3d last nite and was pleasantly surprised. Using a Sony 5200 with a Sharp TV the piecture was stunning. Watched the Flight one and it was a WOW! Watched a couple of more - Wild Africa, for one. All were good and not trouble in buffering (usually loaded in about 10 seconds). Glad we bought the 5200!
post #346 of 615 Old 06-24-2014, 08:05 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Landis View Post
It was a boring night for TV so I decided to make a visit to see what's new on Netflix 3D. Nothing new but I saw one title that always had technical difficulties last winter.

The Art of Flight

Wow! They fixed the delivery of this and I ended up watching it twice. If you want to see a perfect 3D presentation, this one is it. Very high quality and edge of your seat adrenalin rush action with beautiful scenery from some of the most remote locations in the world. The ability to capture good 3D of the mountain ranges without eye fatigue was fascinating. It was a blend of 2D to 3D conversion and native 3D. Directed and edited by Curt Morgan.

If you can't get Netflix 3D I think this is also available on Blu Ray.
Hey, Don. I haven't had my PS3 (my only 3D streaming device) hooked up in a while, so I can't check myself. Have you noticed any increase in quality for Netflix streaming? Are you able to stream Netflix 3D during prime time?
post #347 of 615 Old 06-25-2014, 08:31 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvh4 View Post
Hey, Don. I haven't had my PS3 (my only 3D streaming device) hooked up in a while, so I can't check myself. Have you noticed any increase in quality for Netflix streaming? Are you able to stream Netflix 3D during prime time?
Yes, ever since Nertflix resolved it's squabble with Comcast the streaming has allowed really good quality. However, I use WDTV box for most Netflix movies and only the PS3 for Netflix 3D. Consequently, the video is only 720p due to the PS3 3D limitation. No buffering anytime now.

But Sunday, I was visiting my cousin in PA who recently bought a new 4K 65" Samsung TV with the Netflix app and it had 3D section so we watched one movie and the quality was superb. He also has Comcast Broadband, 50Mbps service. His UHD TV also upconverts the picture to 4K as well. I thought the Netflix actually looked better than the Blu Ray disk video at 1080p. The upconversion from 1080p to 2160p is really impressive. We didn't look at any Blu Ray disks at his place. My cousin's UHD is an active glasses too so it also doesn't suffer the reduced resolution from the passive film screen.
post #348 of 615 Old 06-25-2014, 05:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 63
It seems every time I check the 3D offerings on Netflix, the number goes down. When I first signed up there were around 60 titles; last time I checked (a few nights ago) it was down to 33. I really don't understand why they don't offer more 3D content, especially as many of the titles available (Star Trek Into Darkness, GI Joe: Retaliation, etc.) were released in 3D. Even recent Dreamworks titles like Turbo and The Croods have had the 3D versions quietly pulled.
post #349 of 615 Old 06-25-2014, 06:44 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 934 Post(s)
Liked: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDP View Post
It seems every time I check the 3D offerings on Netflix, the number goes down. When I first signed up there were around 60 titles; last time I checked (a few nights ago) it was down to 33. I really don't understand why they don't offer more 3D content, especially as many of the titles available (Star Trek Into Darkness, GI Joe: Retaliation, etc.) were released in 3D. Even recent Dreamworks titles like Turbo and The Croods have had the 3D versions quietly pulled.
Because I'm sure their research shows that the vast majority of their users don't use 3D.

40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #350 of 615 Old 06-25-2014, 07:01 PM

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDP View Post
From earlier post in this thread from back in January 2014:

http://gigaom.com/2014/01/06/netflix-4k-ultra-hd-3d/

Evers told me that demand for 3D just wasn’t very big on Netflix, and that Netflix may end support for the format in the future. He later clarified the company’s position, saying: “We have no plans to discontinue 3D, we have some new titles coming online in the future, but we are devoting all budget and energy on higher quality content towards 4K and future color and frame rate enhancements.”

I guess keeping a handful of 3D titles is technically not discontinuing 3D.
post #351 of 615 Old 06-25-2014, 07:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Because I'm sure their research shows that the vast majority of their users don't use 3D.
That's all well and good but it doesn't explain why it continues to offer a bunch of mediocre Asian movies and the occasional documentary (which I'm sure hardly anyone cares about) while only carrying newer titles (like the aforementioned Croods and Turbo) for a couple of weeks before pulling them.

If they think 3D is not viable then pull the plug, but this feels like something different. Pulling all the newer titles and leaving only marginal offerings makes it look like they're trying to stack the deck to justify their position.
post #352 of 615 Old 06-25-2014, 09:21 PM

My guess is that Netflix was able to license these mediocre Asian flicks and documentaries cheaply and for a long time. I think Netflix is simply going to let the licenses expire, not sign up any new 3D movies and let 3D die a natural death. That's why 3D is not offered in more devices. Netflix doesn't want more "demand" for 3D.
post #353 of 615 Old 06-25-2014, 10:24 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostate View Post
My guess is that Netflix was able to license these mediocre Asian flicks and documentaries cheaply and for a long time. I think Netflix is simply going to let the licenses expire, not sign up any new 3D movies and let 3D die a natural death. That's why 3D is not offered in more devices. Netflix doesn't want more "demand" for 3D.
I assume there are technical or monetary reasons why Netflix doesn't offer more 3D content. Some of the shows on that stagnant list are downright pathetic. A shame really, since the streaming quality is quite good on my set. It'd be awesome if Amazon Prime stepped up and decided to be the go to app for 3D. I'll keep dreamin'...
old corps likes this.
post #354 of 615 Old 06-26-2014, 01:21 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostate View Post
I agree with "guess" that Netflix was able to get the 3D titles license cheap and for a long time. I don't agree with your "guess" that 3D is going to die and they will let it, by not renewing licenses. While you seem to put alot of faith in the accuracy of an employee manager interview, I prefer to trust the legally binding statements of Reed Hastings. Netflix efforts currently are to expand their original programming offerings and expand their subscriber base into more countries. 3D titles in these other countries will be offered as the estimates of 3D demographics dictate. People need to understand, that while we here have a passion for 3D, a few of our numbers posting love to dwell on gloom and doom, Large business is more concerned in doing what's best to grow the company. When it comes to programming, their numbers dictate that original programming, more countries, and higher quality is top priority.

According to Netflix tech support, they do not dictate the apps for devices. Rather they release the specs and it's up to the TV and device maker to implement the app they want. If you have a device that doesn't support 3D, you best contact your device maker to get it implemented, not Netflix.

I have not seen 3D titles disappear from Netflix availability. What I have seen from time to time is some titles disappear from the 3D section, only to reappear weeks later. But at any time I still can access those titles directly. Since most of them I have watched before, they still appear in "My viewed" collection, yet some disappear from the 3D section.

I do believe that rather than waste time posting here, how much Netflix wants 3D to die, which I believe to be completely false and gloom and doom FUD, better time can be spent contacting Netflix requesting more and newer content, then watch it several times and rate it high. They will see if viewers want it not by getting their marching orders from 3D hate blogs, but rather from the number of downloads.
post #355 of 615 Old 06-26-2014, 08:44 AM

Quote:
I don't agree with your "guess" that 3D is going to die and they will let it, by not renewing licenses. While you seem to put alot of faith in the accuracy of an employee manager interview, I prefer to trust the legally binding statements of Reed Hastings...

People need to understand, that while we here have a passion for 3D, a few of our numbers posting love to dwell on gloom and doom...

According to Netflix tech support, they do not dictate the apps for devices. Rather they release the specs and it's up to the TV and device maker to implement the app they want. If you have a device that doesn't support 3D, you best contact your device maker to get it implemented, not Netflix.

I have not seen 3D titles disappear from Netflix availability. What I have seen from time to time is some titles disappear from the 3D section, only to reappear weeks later...

They will see if viewers want it not by getting their marching orders from 3D hate blogs, but rather from the number of downloads.
We have had this conversation before. You chastise me for believing in Netflix content manager's word, yet, you believe Netflix customer rep's word? Yeah, I'd put more faith in manager's words over a lowly hourly wage worker who has absolutely no input in company's strategy and direction.

You need to keep up with Netflix app tech. All the newer Netflix app is based on HTML5 which gives Netflix control over the app: to modify, update, etc. once installed. So it's all Netflix now. So giving us access to 3D is upto Netflix.

And how is stating what we have observed about Netflix 3D selection gets characterized as "posting doom and gloom?" Were any new titles added to Netflix 3D? Have The Croods 3D and Turbo 3D reappeared in the selection? And I rather not watch the same mediocre titles over and over.

I know you are the Ayatolla of 3D Fora but you need to get your head out of the sand. Netflix 3D is stagnant at best and, IMHO, is dying the natural death from neglect from Netflix.

P.s. What legally binding statements did Hastings make??? Is Hastings legally bound to offer 3D to us??? Inquiring minds want to know.

Last edited by Apostate; 06-26-2014 at 08:49 AM.
post #356 of 615 Old 06-26-2014, 10:52 AM
AVS Club Gold

Yes, I recall the exchange, But first of all, you should recall the content manager had to retract his statement and in my book, it tells me I can't just accept everything he says as gospel, especially when we are talking about a future event unless it is imminent.

Quote:
We have had this conversation before. You chastise me for believing in Netflix content manager's word, yet, you believe Netflix customer rep's word?
Chastise is a rather strong word considering I just disagreed with belief in what the man was saying as being gospel. However, I do trust the word of Reed Hastings, who, BTW, is not a customer rep but rather the CEO of the company. He is the one who is responsible to the owners of the company and whose statements are legally binding.

Quote:
You need to keep up with Netflix app tech. All the newer Netflix app is based on HTML5 which gives Netflix control over the app: to modify, update, etc. once installed. So it's all Netflix now. So giving us access to 3D is upto Netflix.
I did not know this about Netflix apps on all devices. I will make some calls to verify and if this is true, I can rechannel my inquiries to Netflix. I will reference your claim in my query. Thanks for the info. Trust me, I'm an activist in these areas and also continue to be a long stock holder in Netflix.

Quote:
I know you are the Ayatolla of 3D Fora but you need to get your head out of the sand. Netflix 3D is stagnant at best and, IMHO, is dying the natural death from neglect from Netflix.
If name calling is how you want to respond to a discussion, we can just part now and I will ignore all your future posts.

Quote:
And how is stating what we have observed about Netflix 3D selection gets characterized as "posting doom and gloom?" Were any new titles added to Netflix 3D? Have The Croods 3D and Turbo 3D reappeared in the selection? And I rather not watch the same mediocre titles over and over.
This ("I think Netflix is simply going to let the licenses expire, not sign up any new 3D movies and let 3D die a natural death. That's why 3D is not offered in more devices. Netflix doesn't want more "demand" for 3D.") and other statements are not backed up by specific examples and official statements, therefore just Gloom and Doom FUD! The only statement provided is the one that had to be retracted.

I have seen a couple of low budget Asian animated flics added since the original release but nothing in the past two months. The only improvement has been Netflix technical achievement in it's ability to stream 3D now with virtually no buffering, even in the Prime time hours. This was not just observed at my home in FL, but also on Sunday at my cousin's home in rural PA. Additionally, the Movie "Art of Flight" a terrific Snowboarding documentary with great 3D stereography, was finally fixed and made available just recently. It was in the original list but was always not available for play due to some encoding errors.
Quote:
P.s. What legally binding statements did Hastings make??? Is Hastings legally bound to offer 3D to us??? Inquiring minds want to know.
Netflix is a publicly traded company and as such is legally bound to disclose only truthful statements regarding future events and direction the company takes. A statement by an employee is not binding. Depending on whether the content manager is a key executive or not may affect his legality in any press statement. I don't recall if he is a VP but if he is, then that may be why he was instructed to retract some of those comments about content at Netflix. Erroneous statements, can impact investors decisions and result in serious claims of fraud and stock manipulation which is illegal. As an example, the statement made by Reed Hastings one year about plans to split the company caused a huge loss of money in the market. He also made a statement in that conference call claiming Netflix would end DVD mail rental service within the next year. He had to retract those statements, to end the massive exodus by stock holders. Reed has learned a very costly lesson and today rarely makes any claims that guide investors based on long range plans in this industry. Especially, anything that guides negative in an emerging market. There may be a case that can be made that Netflix is legally bound to offer 3D content since he did make public statements to that effect at CES2013 and CES2014. When the CEO makes a promise and a month later a division manager contradicts that statement, either the employee is fired or asked to retract and that is what he did. There is no promise from any Netflix person about specifics, titles, or number of programs in 3D that I have heard. Reed has only made promises about 4K future and plans to produce original content in 4K. I haven't heard anything about including 3D.

Quote:
ekaaaans:
It'd be awesome if Amazon Prime stepped up and decided to be the go to app for 3D. I'll keep dreamin'...
While I feel Amazon movies are not as high quality here compared to Netflix, I do agree that competition is a good thing and if Amazon began offering some movies, good ones in 3D streaming, it would make Netflix seek more licenses for content too. I guess Voodoo is the only service that is constantly adding more streaming 3D, but it is real expensive. I buy a few but only to have it NOW vs wait for the Bluray. Do more than dream, actively request it so they know!
post #357 of 615 Old 06-26-2014, 12:06 PM

Quote:
I did not know this about Netflix apps on all devices. I will make some calls to verify and if this is true, I can rechannel my inquiries to Netflix. I will reference your claim in my query. Thanks for the info. Trust me, I'm an activist in these areas and also continue to be a long stock holder in Netflix.
I recommend consulting AVS member michaeltscott. He is/was software programmer and he is very knowledgeable about technical aspects of Netflix app. He can tell you why different devices have different apps with different capabilities. He's quite active on Video Download Service and Device (?) forum.

Quote:
There may be a case that can be made that Netflix is legally bound to offer 3D content since he did make public statements to that effect at CES2013 and CES2014.
You must be kidding me. Do you really believe that?
post #358 of 615 Old 06-26-2014, 12:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I just wish they would update my 2nd Gen Sony GTV device (NSZ-GS8) with profile support. My first gen Sony GTV Device (NSZ-GT1) has had profile support for a very long time now.
post #359 of 615 Old 06-27-2014, 11:35 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
I recommend consulting AVS member michaeltscott. He is/was software programmer and he is very knowledgeable about technical aspects of Netflix app. He can tell you why different devices have different apps with different capabilities. He's quite active on Video Download Service and Device (?) forum.
Thanks for the reference. While I have my own technical connections, mostly at Sony and Comcast, I always appreciate additional sources. I did find your source (MScott) in the other AVS section, but after reading quite a few posts, he does not appear to be an insider. My top resources are insiders. I'm sure MScott has his insiders too as he seems to be connected. However, some of the comments in those threads were not correct regarding the Netflix - Comcast dispute, but to be excused because they were based on personal opinion, not actual facts as released by the companies. But we all get incorrect information, e.g. my info that Frozen 3D would be released in June was wrong, as it now appears to be in October. Of course my info was just wrong on actual date, while the naysayers were claiming that Disney wants to kill 3D, a totally ridiculous, baseless statement.

My interest is knowing if we will get updated apps for Netflix and if not why that is so. I have a Vizio 32" 3D TV and a WDTV that could use the 3D app for the device. The 3D programs appear but cannot be played in 3D yet. I still only get 3D Netflix here on my PS3. My recent experience with my cousin's Samsung 9000 series 3D TV was really excellent quality. I haven't been a huge fan of Samsung but recent experience may change my mind. I now have a Samsung S5 phone that works well too.
Based on your opinion, I will continue to bug Netflix tech support, even though last I did, they claimed it was the device maker that I needed to speak to. The device makers claimed they did not have a time frame for app update. Keep checking. That was back in February.
post #360 of 615 Old 06-27-2014, 07:53 PM

While michaeltscott is not an insider, nonetheless he is quite knowledgeable. The gist I got from michaeltscott's posts is that Netflix switched over to HTML5 based app for newer devices in effort to standardize the apps across devices rather than craft individually customized "rootkit" apps for each brand and device as it was done before. One of the advantage of switching to HTML5 is that it gives Netflix ability to push out changes without depending on each device maker to push out the change as a firmware update. An example of this was Profiles.

For older devices without HTML5 based Netflix app, the device maker still has to push out the change as a firmware update. As you know, once a device gets past certain number of model years, the support gets spotty at best. The chance of a device maker pushing out a firmware update just for Netflix is slim at best. This is why older devices will most likely not get anymore Netflix app updates. I could be mistaken but that's what I got from reading between michaeltscott's technical explanation.

Last edited by Apostate; 06-27-2014 at 07:58 PM.
Reply 3D Content

Tags
Netflix

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page