Should I get these blu rays? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 01-21-2013, 02:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
During my Best Buy/FYE visits, there's always those 3D blu rays that I think about. Give me a thumbs up/down on:

Resident Evil: AfterLife ("Best" Buy is sticking with the 39.99 price, which I think is ridiculous since the sequel is out. FYE IS $34 new and $24 used)

Captain America 3D

Connan 3D

Brave

Para Norman

Green Hornet (Saw a trailer on one of my discs, and I thought it looked cool. I'm aware of the pounding its getting at IMDB biggrin.gif. I'm not looking for an Oscar contender here, just some cool 3D.)

Thats all I can think of for now...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-21-2013, 05:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Captain America should be a definite buy in my opinion. Its a great adventure and the post-converted 3D is solid. Definitely the best of the titles mentioned.

Resident Evil: Afterlife exhibits very good depth and pop (it was natively photographed in 3D) but the plot and acting aren't exactly Oscar worthy. If you check your brain at the door and just go along for the ride you'll probably have a good time.

Conan was a surprisingly good movie with some nice action sequences but don't buy it for the 3D as it was practically negligible other than a few static shots of Conan riding towards his next destination.

Green Hornet is also an entertaining movie although if you are a hardcore fan of the character you may be put off by Seth Rogen's goofy performance. Like Conan however the post-converted 3D adds little to the presentation.
post #3 of 7 Old 01-21-2013, 07:18 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
He summed it up pretty good. Paranorman has your usual decent depth added its a pretty good movie. If you seen coroline it's about as much pop at as that which really isn't to much but very crisp picture indeed.

I've seen resident evil afterlife for 29.99 at other places.
post #4 of 7 Old 01-22-2013, 11:53 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I would go with Captain America and Para Norman. Captian America is one of the better 3D conversions and a good action movie. If you like stop motion animation Para Norman is great. I liked it alot better than Frankenweenie. Interesting character design and fun story.
post #5 of 7 Old 01-22-2013, 03:17 PM

Of those listed I have Cap and RE:Afterlife(found it online for 19.99 shipped). I would recommend both. I enjoy RE:A more than RE:R Theres some cheese for sure, but it's got some really great shots.

Fritz! Fritz, get up for God's sake! Get up! They've killed Fritz! They've killed Fritz! Those lousy stinking yellow fairies! Those horrible atrocity-filled vermin! Those despicable animal warmongers!
post #6 of 7 Old 01-25-2013, 02:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I didn't trust Green Hornet, so I went with Cap, After Life, and I saw Transformers Dark of the Moon, so I snagged that. I already have the 2D Transformers, but I think Bay's notoriously wild action would look cool in 3D smile.gif.

Its funny, I never paid the Resident Evil series much mind...but like Retribution because of the fight scenes (not necessarily the mild 3D), and the ROCKIN' soundtrack smile.gif. Which had me interested in this previous 3D entry.
post #7 of 7 Old 01-28-2013, 03:13 PM

3 fine additions to your collection, I think you'll be happy. Dark of the moon is one of my favorite 3d movies, I'd watch it all the time. Now I just seem to watch Avengers over and over and over again. lol (though I've watched all 3 of those multiple times)

I know some of RE:R's soundtrack was recycled from RE:A, not sure which bits.

Fritz! Fritz, get up for God's sake! Get up! They've killed Fritz! They've killed Fritz! Those lousy stinking yellow fairies! Those horrible atrocity-filled vermin! Those despicable animal warmongers!
Reply 3D Content

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page