Jurassic Park 3D - Is this a last stand for 2D-3D conversion of movie classics? - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 91 Old 06-06-2013, 12:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I would venture to guess that the upcoming 3D release of "Wizard of Oz" will be more significant for the future of 3D conversions than "Jurassic Park" has been.... or "Titanic"... or "Top Gun"... or any other conversion attempted to date. The Blu-Ray upgrade they recently released was quite stunning in the quality of that upgrade (I bought the box set and didn't mind the cost due to the quality it offered the viewing experience). Now comes the 3D version. This will truely test the advances in 3D conversion since an incredible amount of time, effort and care that went into the upgrade to Blu-Ray quality. (Dare I say more time & effort went into the Blu-Ray upgrade than Cameron put into converting Titanic to 3D!) So it all comes down to how well they handle the conversion to 3D. I have high hopes that the care shown in the Blu-Ray upgrade is equilled by the time, care & quality of the 3D conversion... (regardless of the limited theatrical release "Box Office Receipts" it provides. It will be the receipts from the 3D Blu-Ray sales that will tell the story I imagine.) I really hate the double/triple dipping the studios have a habit of doing, but I am looking forward to adding this to my collection if the 3D conversion proves to be on the same level (if not better) than all previous attempts have been thus far. Just my $0.02 worth. biggrin.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Content

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page