Kuju Hana Koen "Out Now" - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 14 Old 04-04-2013, 08:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Featuring the best macro 3D you have ever seen!

Blazin 3D proudly presents Kuju Hana Koen 3D

After over a year of hard work Kuju Hana Koen is finally done and looks amazing! Located in Oita Japan, Kuju Hana Koen "Kuju Flower Park" is a large flower park with all kinds of beautiful flowers and insects. This movie shows you a bit of the park but is more about getting up and personal with all the flowers they have on display and a few insects as well.

Filmed with a JVC GS-TD1 3D camera at the highest setting and using a Cyclopital base extender for maximum depth shots, Cyclopital macro adapter with a Marumi DHC +3 macro and Kenko Pro 1 Digital AC close-up NO.5 macro lens, you can be sure this movie is of superb quality. The macro lenses really bring out the bright colors of each flower with amazing clarity. I used a Sony HMZ-T2 connected to my JVC cam and a battery pack to film the 3D in real time so I can see exactly what I am shooting and make adjustments perfect all in the field. I also used a quadcopter to get aerial footage for the movie, not to much as I did not want overkill but a bit.

I took much time shooting and editing this movie to make each scene perfect in 3D as not to hurt ones eyes the best I could. Shooting in macro 3D is not as easy as it may sound or seem, the backgrounds become quite blurry and in 3D this can cause horrible picture quality and much eye pain. I found ways around that and have my macro 3D shooting technique down pretty good as you can see! The movie features a 5.1 channel surround soundtrack with relaxing piano music and a bit of narration done by me. I chose not to add narration all through the movie as that would tend to get a bit boring and ruin the relaxing music. The movie run time is about 60 minutes and if you buy the case version comes with a bonus disc called Amazing Flowers. The bonus disc features flowers shot in macro with a black background, see the sample video below. Each movie does have chapters you can skip through to see your favorite scenes.

Features some of the most amazing macro 3D you have seen or will ever see for that matter! Depth shots make you feel like you are there and the flowers and insects will be coming out from your television making you think you can actually touch them! "Literally"cool.gif

These flowers look amazing in 3D

Imagine this moth coming out of your TV at you "because in the movie it does!"

This guys head will be in your face!

If you like this small sample you will love the full movie!

If you love the macro 3D in this demo, you will truly love it more in the movie.

A small demo of the bonus disc included with the movie

3D items I own:

Sony 46" LX900 active 3D set

Sony HMZ-T3 (Cushion pads and light blocker mod)

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Sony BDP-S570 BD3D player

JVC-GS-TD1 (with Cyclopital base extender)

Fujifilm W3

Sony Alpha 55 (for 3D panoramic photos)

Quadcopter + Zenmuse and GoPro Hero 3 (Filming...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 04-08-2013, 01:37 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

By the way, guess I can post a link.

You can buy this at, www.blazin3D.com

3D items I own:

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Fujifilm W3

post #3 of 14 Old 04-08-2013, 02:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Disc only for $12.95 shipped across the world? Sold.
post #4 of 14 Old 04-08-2013, 08:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Yep, shipped world wide cool.gif

3D items I own:

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Fujifilm W3

post #5 of 14 Old 04-30-2013, 03:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I understand for some my movies price may be a bit expensive, the full version with case and bonus disc on my site is $25.95. The reason for this is due to international shipping. We are using registered Japan mail to insure your package gets to you safely and that cost about $10. However, some may not need the cover and just want the disc so that is only $12.95 shipped.

And because maybe some are hesitant to buy because this is not a Hollywood release, but an amateur 3D movie,

Kuju Hana Koen will soon be available for direct download on my website under the products page for the low price of only $9.95

This will include a .rar file with the movies ISO which you can burn to a blu-ray disc and scans of the cover for you. I think $9.95 is a great deal and a very low price for those that are hesitant, you don't have to pay much and can check out my movies. Soon, all my 3D movies will be available for download.

I will also have small demos you can download as well and some small cheaper movies in the future. I guarantee you will enjoy Kuju Hana Koen and it's some of the best macro 3D you will ever see.

3D items I own:

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Fujifilm W3

post #6 of 14 Old 05-01-2013, 02:36 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

A great review can be found here by Zivouhr on the Blu-Ray forum which you can read here on the link or below, http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?p=7492778&posted=1#post7492778

Kuju Hana Koen 3D by Blazin 3D REVIEW May 1, 2013

Being a fan of IMax 3D's nature productions, and always interested in any studio(major or independent) that offers strong 3D, I was eager to watch Kuju Hana Koen 3D by Blazin 3D. Kuju Hana Koen is a Flower Park located in Japan that spans many acres filled with flower fields, green houses and more, ripe for exploration and open to the public.

Blazin 3D's presentation is on Blu Ray 3D disc, and immediately I was happy to see this is presented in "frame packed 3D" just like any major studio release, so all you have to do is put it into your 3D player and it auto detects it's a 3D movie, unlike a side by side 3D movie, which requires one extra step in the 3D options to SBS. Another advantage with Blazin 3D's format, is a higher resolution image.

The total runtime for Kuju Hana Koen 3D is about 58 minutes total, including credits and a short Coming Attraction Preview at the end. A majority of the film focuses on close up shots of a large assortment of vibrantly colorful flowers from a variety of angles, set to relaxing piano music and informative narration, which match the pace of the film well. To add variety, at around the 43 minute mark (till the 54 minute mark), the viewer is also treated to a plethora of insect life, including a stink bug, dragon fly, Praying Mantis, Bark Beetle, Giant Caterpillar, Butterfly, a feeding Moth, an Orange Butterfly, with a special appearance by a brown tree frog.

3D Presentation:
Kuju Hana Koen's 3D is stunning, on par with much of Imax 3D's presentations. The close up 3D shots steal the show, featuring various angles of each plant. The layering here is the best you can get for 3D as the plant reaches out of your screen. At the same time, you can adjust your eyes far into the background if you like. Much of the presentation includes consistently strong 3D, with pop out and strong distance between each 3D layer. As a test, without 3D glasses on, double image separation (offset) on your 3DTV set is superb, and as far as it can comfortably get to give us the strongest 3D possible with Kuju Hana Koen's 3D. Absolutely the best 3D around.

The presentation is professional, the narration informative, the music matches the tone, the flower species and colors greatly varied, and the 3D second to none. Also stay tuned for a 4 minute Preview of Marine World 3D which includes some Imax 3D quality close ups of a large assortment of undersea creatures, also in spectacular 3D.

As a note, the 43 minute mark features creature identification with some detail on the insect in view, thanks to helpful narration during those segments. My only wish would be similar narration identifying each flower and plant prior to this (or the use of identifying subtitles text), to increase the audiences knowledge of the varied flowers. This presentation could also be interpreted as a "relaxation" film, so I can understand why narration was minimal during the majority of the flower presentations.

Buy it? Yes; Kuju Hana Koen has STRONG 3D and is a great show piece for the range of 3D. For anyone who appreciates nature and the outdoors, this is worthy of adding to your 3D collection.

3D: A+
http://www.blazin3d.com/Home.html

3D items I own:

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Fujifilm W3

post #7 of 14 Old 05-15-2013, 02:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Kuju Hana Koen is now on my site for direct download for only $9.95

All you have to do is purchase, and you instantly get the download link. Once downloaded you can burn to a bluray disc and watch just like any other 3D movie. The movie is full HD 3D, frame packed not side by side.. So your 3D blu-ray player will detect it's 3D and play it as so. The quality is equal or maybe even better than an IMAX title as this was shot in 1080p 24p and 2.7k

3D items I own:

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Fujifilm W3

post #8 of 14 Old 05-28-2013, 05:26 PM

Liked: 16
I just got this 3D disc and must say I'm disappointed!
IT is not filmed right. Something is wrong.

I am in love with 3D and have lots of titles!
After put this disc in it really is painful to watch. I had to stop cause I was getting sick
I have a JVC RS46 projector and all my 3D titles look great!
I know 3D and after playing this disc I seriously thought something was wrong with my projector.
I then slapped in "Kingdom of plants 3D" and everything look the way it should.

IMHO. I shouldn't have bought this...I'm sorry to post this but it how I feel.

Regards,
post #9 of 14 Old 05-29-2013, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Freniata, may I ask what your order number was when you bought this movie from me and the date you purchased?

I clearly don't understand what you mean when you state "It was not filmed right. Something is wrong" or how you got sick from watching it. The movie was filmed with a high quality JVC 3D cam at 1080p 24p, Cyclopital base extender to add more depth, Marumi DHC +3 macro lens and Kenko +5 macro lens with a Cyclopital macro adapter. Each lens cost $90 for the highest quality possible. Aerial shots were taken with a quadcopter filming at 2.7k 3D.... The quality is outstanding and the 3D amazing. I have literally mastered filming macro 3D to make the 3D just right as not to hurt ones eyes with a blurry background and the results can be seen on my Youtube post. Do you get sick from watching 3D demos such as LG's demo with popout of baseball, karate kicks and so forth? The 3D on Kuju is milder than those but still has pop that should not be hurting your eyes.

The movie has sold 100's of copies with not one single complaint. Most the customers even write me claiming the quality is like an IMAX title and why I don't have this sold in stores. Just view the Youtube videos, some of the same scenes are in the movie, read the comments and this disc is better than those at much higher quality. I truly do not understand your post unless for some reason the disc isn't playing correctly on your JVC projector or 3DVD player. Make sure you don't have any paralax settings turned on your 3DBD player or projector as that may effect the quality.

I check each movie and disc I make on a Sony LX900 3D TV, LG 6500 3D TV, Sony HMZ-T2 and Sony VPL-VW95ES 3D projector on 120" screen and they look nothing more than amazing with great 3D.
I have Kingdom of Plants and the quality and 3D of Kuju Hana Koen is much better besides Kingdoms CGI scenes which I could not do.

In fact, here is what a customer has posted over at the Bluray forums about Kuju Hana Koen and the link to it, http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?p=7492778&posted=1#post7492778

Kuju Hana Koen 3D by Blazin 3D REVIEW May 1, 2013

Being a fan of IMax 3D's nature productions, and always interested in any studio(major or independent) that offers strong 3D, I was eager to watch Kuju Hana Koen 3D by Blazin 3D. Kuju Hana Koen is a Flower Park located in Japan that spans many acres filled with flower fields, green houses and more, ripe for exploration and open to the public.

Blazin 3D's presentation is on Blu Ray 3D disc, and immediately I was happy to see this is presented in "frame packed 3D" just like any major studio release, so all you have to do is put it into your 3D player and it auto detects it's a 3D movie, unlike a side by side 3D movie, which requires one extra step in the 3D options to SBS. Another advantage with Blazin 3D's format, is a higher resolution image.

The total runtime for Kuju Hana Koen 3D is about 58 minutes total, including credits and a short Coming Attraction Preview at the end. A majority of the film focuses on close up shots of a large assortment of vibrantly colorful flowers from a variety of angles, set to relaxing piano music and informative narration, which match the pace of the film well. To add variety, at around the 43 minute mark (till the 54 minute mark), the viewer is also treated to a plethora of insect life, including a stink bug, dragon fly, Praying Mantis, Bark Beetle, Giant Caterpillar, Butterfly, a feeding Moth, an Orange Butterfly, with a special appearance by a brown tree frog.

3D Presentation:
Kuju Hana Koen's 3D is stunning, on par with much of Imax 3D's presentations. The close up 3D shots steal the show, featuring various angles of each plant. The layering here is the best you can get for 3D as the plant reaches out of your screen. At the same time, you can adjust your eyes far into the background if you like. Much of the presentation includes consistently strong 3D, with pop out and strong distance between each 3D layer. As a test, without 3D glasses on, double image separation (offset) on your 3DTV set is superb, and as far as it can comfortably get to give us the strongest 3D possible with Kuju Hana Koen's 3D. Absolutely the best 3D around.

The presentation is professional, the narration informative, the music matches the tone, the flower species and colors greatly varied, and the 3D second to none. Also stay tuned for a 4 minute Preview of Marine World 3D which includes some Imax 3D quality close ups of a large assortment of undersea creatures, also in spectacular 3D.

As a note, the 43 minute mark features creature identification with some detail on the insect in view, thanks to helpful narration during those segments. My only wish would be similar narration identifying each flower and plant prior to this (or the use of identifying subtitles text), to increase the audiences knowledge of the varied flowers. This presentation could also be interpreted as a "relaxation" film, so I can understand why narration was minimal during the majority of the flower presentations.

Buy it? Yes; Kuju Hana Koen has STRONG 3D and is a great show piece for the range of 3D. For anyone who appreciates nature and the outdoors, this is worthy of adding to your 3D collection.

3D items I own:

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Fujifilm W3

post #10 of 14 Old 05-29-2013, 07:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 32
To put it simply, Bravia3D, your interaxial (the distance between the left and right camera lens) is too wide for macro 3D on a TV screen or projector. This is not opinion, this is based on scientific research.

Screen parallax is the distance between two identical points on a 3D screen. I have circled one set in blue and one set in red:

For positive parallax (stuff that goes into the screen), this gap MUST NOT BE GREATER THAN 2.5 INCHES, WHEN VIEWED ON YOUR TARGET AUDIENCE'S TV OR PROJECTOR SCREEN.

I have noted in white text, the maximum screen size that a human could comfortably view that particular object on.
Quote:
I have literally mastered filming macro 3D to make the 3D just right as not to hurt ones eyes with a blurry background
I just proved you wrong. Some or perhaps even most of your midgrounds can not be comfortably viewed on anything larger than a 50" screen, and some of your backgrounds can't even be viewed on anything larger than a 12 inch screen.

My Videos

A movie with good 3D does not necessarily equal a good 3D movie!

post #11 of 14 Old 05-29-2013, 07:09 PM

Liked: 16
bravia3D,

I'm in a hotel far from my home and won't be back till Friday night.
I'd rather not post my invoice number as I wish to stay anonymous ( I hope you can understand that)
My order was placed 4/12/2013. (If that helps)
If you want me to send you a PM just let me know.

I'll try to explain what I'm experiencing to the best of my ability.
When watching a normal 3D movie flip your glasses over and you'll see what I mean.
It seems the depth is not clear (sort of broken up). my eyes have a hard time adjusting to what is being displayed.
I got dizzy fast and couldn't watch more. No other 3D has done that to me!
I have watched at least 50+ 3D titles and to me something is wrong with this 3D version disc.

I don't know how to explain it any better so my apology there.

I had read some reviews BEFORE I pulled the trigger...hence my disappointment with this disc.
post #12 of 14 Old 05-30-2013, 02:36 PM

Liked: 10
Greetings ladies & gentlemen, I just recieved this movie and inside the package was a letter that stated:

(We hope you enjoyed watching Kuju Hana Koen and thank you for your purchase. If you liked our movie and the 3D we ask that you let others know or post a review of what you think on the BluRay.com or AVS forums. This helps get the word around so we can continue to make more 3D movies in the future. Once again we thank you and hope you enjoyed our 3D)

First off I am not a good review writer so sorry for that Bravia. But I have joined the forum to express my view & opinions. For our anniversary my wife & I bought a Panasonic TC-PZT60 which we are in love with. After reading reviews on CNET & other websites I knew I had to have it. We do not own many 3D movies as of yet, but have watched Avatar, Under the Sea, Kingdom of Plants, Cave of Wonders & Life of Pi.
After viewing Bravias youtube 3D videos with my Nvidia 3D I thought they looked nice. The wife watched the Kuju demo and loves flowers so we bought it from www.blazin3d.com
We also purchased Hirado & Marine World.

My wife popped some butter popcorn & we set down to watch Kuju. In our opinion the movie was fantastic & flowers were popping out of our television. I lost count of how many times the wife & I were reaching to touch them. The best I can explain is the flowers were rich & so colorful sitting right in front of us. My wife enjoyed the carnations & there beautiful colors with water dripping off them, very good shots there indeed! I'd have to say towards the end of the movie the moths were some of the best scenes. At once instance the moth seemed to be sitting right in front of us.
On a negative note however my wife & I do wish there was information about each flower.

Bravia you also gave us an extra disc with our Kuju Hana Koen movie that says Amazing Flowers. Was this included or a mistake?

To sum up & sorry for my horrible review skills this movie is enjoyable and I suggest it to others. The wife & I enjoyed things coming out of our new TV and haven't seen 3D this good yet.
Thank you Bravia & Marine World was just as good with the scene of the fish coming right into our face. It scared my wife but we laughed afterwards! Haven't watched Hirado yet, that comes tomorrow!
post #13 of 14 Old 05-31-2013, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

When filming macro 3D the positive parallax "the background" gets a large gap and the negative "close objects" get focused on. There is no real way to fix the back gap in the positive background without ruining the negative parallax as well. This is why I zoomed into scenes such as the caterpillar scene you posted Cake to try and get rid of that gap and focus on the object in the final movie. Some scenes however can't be helped, I tried blurring the background or changing the color of it a bit but that was very hard on the eyes. If you focus on the object being shown and not the background it is fine. Just as in regular macro photoagraphy the backgrounds are blurred and not in focus.
In movies such as Kingdom of the Plants you notice they use a black background often or green when showing closeups of the plants. This is to prevent exactly what I stated above. That is about the only way around that problem, anything in the distance will have a massively large positive parallax. I tried using black backgrounds but when I posted the video people said while it looked amazing, the black made it feel like something is missing. So in the final movie I ditched it and left the original background.

Peter I am glad you got the movies so fast and enjoyed them. The Amazing Flowers disc is a bonus that comes with Kuju Hana Koen when you buy the full disc package. It shows all the flowers with the black background.

3D items I own:

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Fujifilm W3

post #14 of 14 Old 05-31-2013, 03:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravia3D View Post

When filming macro 3D the positive parallax "the background" gets a large gap and the negative "close objects" get focused on. There is no real way to fix the back gap in the positive background without ruining the negative parallax as well.
Your gear only gets down to a .98 inch interaxial if I understood correctly. You need a beamsplitter. With very minimal money you can experiment with beamspliter-like interaxials, via the cha-cha method. Take a stills camera with manual settings, a slider bar and a tripod. Experiment with interaxial distance, shooting distance, focal length. I would recommend getting 12 inches away or closer, and capturing interaxials of 1/8 inch, 1/4 inch, 1/2 inch, 3/4 inch and 1 inch. Review the images on a large screen TV until you've grown familiar with which settings give you that roundness you want.
Quote:
If you focus on the object being shown and not the background it is fine. Just as in regular macro photoagraphy the backgrounds are blurred and not in focus
The stem I circled in blue would be considered mid-ground, not background. I'd expect to be able to view that comfortably, but according to my math people would be challenged to focus on it on screens larger than 50 inches.

My Videos

A movie with good 3D does not necessarily equal a good 3D movie!

Reply 3D Content

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page