Spiders 3D - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 04-05-2013, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Rented a copy and watched a couple of nights ago in 16:9. First off, I'm not sure why this movie got such a low rating. Sure it's a grindhouse B movie, but the 3D had good depth with few issues, and the cg spiders weren't bad--I"ve seen worse. All in all, a good pace with lots of action. Sound was okay. They kept the pop outs to a minimum, and scenes had good depth-of-field considering many were underground in a subway track. Actually shot in 3D so no conversion or ghosting issues that I could see. Acting was tolerable. It had a made for TV quality to it, but kept my interest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-07-2013, 02:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Somehow I had not heard of this. Started watching it on Netflix, then realized I'd rather watch it in 3D so I'm waiting for my $14 copy from Amazon. Looks like a lot of fun.

Did you like DRIVE ANGRY? I really liked it, particularly for its 3D and its grindhouse elements.
post #3 of 9 Old 07-07-2013, 04:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Should also check out Roger Corman's ATTACK OF THE 50' CHEERLEASER for some fun 3D.

post #4 of 9 Old 07-09-2013, 08:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinema13 View Post

Should also check out Roger Corman's ATTACK OF THE 50' CHEERLEASER for some fun 3D.
Hah, I'll have to do that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesfwing View Post

Did you like DRIVE ANGRY? I really liked it, particularly for its 3D and its grindhouse elements.

I have it and started to watch it, but got distracted and forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me. I'll have to give it a go again.
post #5 of 9 Old 07-09-2013, 10:20 PM

Truthfully, it's a little tame. But fun. I love a giant insect movie!

(I have only seen the trailer, but one that looks like fun -- but alas, not in 3D -- is BIG ASS SPIDER!)

http://youtu.be/TSlNiSEWqwQ
post #6 of 9 Old 07-14-2013, 05:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Not as bad as I expected. The 3D was fine and the move was watchable despite some bad acting. Only a notch or two above a SciFi channel movie but kind of fun as a B movie. At least I watched the whole thing which I can't say about a few recent purchases like Oz and Texas Chainsaw.
post #7 of 9 Old 07-14-2013, 06:20 PM

I actually liked CHAINSAW in 3D. It seemed a real sequel and not a remake. I also thought there were some marvelous 3D moments, like when the protagonist is in the back of a cab (I am not real clear where she was), but in any case, she was behind smeared plexiglass and the surface of the glass really added to the 3D-ness.

OZ was fun but after a while, a bit "meh".

I still highly recommend DRIVE ANGRY for the perfect combination of gutter-level exploitation elements, a kick-ass female character, and of course Nic Cage. Also, the 3D was fun and native.

Anyone here see THE THREE MUSKETEERS in 3D? I assume the 3D is good as it's directed by Paul W. S. Anderson, the guy who did the two RESIDENT EVIL 3D flicks. Lord knows how good the story is, of course.
post #8 of 9 Old 07-15-2013, 06:12 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesfwing View Post

Anyone here see THE THREE MUSKETEERS in 3D? I assume the 3D is good as it's directed by Paul W. S. Anderson, the guy who did the two RESIDENT EVIL 3D flicks. Lord knows how good the story is, of course.

I saw The Three Musketeers and enjoyed it, especially the 3D realism of some of the sets. The movie has some tedious and overdone scenes, but will cover a few bags of microwave popcorn.

I also liked BAIT--has some good 3D and if you're screen is big enough, a feeling of being there. Again, another B movie that was reasonably well done in 3D.
post #9 of 9 Old 07-15-2013, 08:39 AM

BAIT, huh? I'll have to check it out.
Reply 3D Content

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page