4Likes

post #31 of 100 Old 07-22-2013, 09:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy1 View Post

Thank you, johnny905. Hey, do you think we should pass this bit of info on to Vizio's tech support staff? biggrin.gif

I'd be interested to hear their response...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 100 Old 07-27-2013, 05:54 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Vizio M3d460sr set and as of today the 3DGO application is not yet available in the Yahoo connected TV store. Out of curiosity does anyone have pricing info for the rentals? Once I see some users on this forum I'll probably follow up with Vizio tech support. BTW in my experience with Vizio tech support the tech staff is simply not formally kept updated with changes and updates to the VIA apps.
post #33 of 100 Old 07-28-2013, 06:57 PM - Thread Starter

I believe most movies are $5.99 and brand new releases at $7.99
post #34 of 100 Old 08-04-2013, 10:01 AM

Just bought the vizio 551d-a2r and trying to find some 3d content to stream. Can't seem to find the 3DGO app on my TV.
post #35 of 100 Old 08-04-2013, 04:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Vudu has about 90 titles to choose from in their 3D section. Your TV should've come with the Vudu app pre-installed.
post #36 of 100 Old 08-05-2013, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

Looks like 3DGO! finally coming to M-Series owners:

VIZIO Internet Apps Plus Comes to VIZIO M-Series TV

Aug 5, 2013

At VIZIO, we’re always looking to enhance our customer’s entertainment experience. With that, we’re excited to announce the debut of VIZIO Internet Apps Plus™ on our M-Series Razor LED™ smart TV collection.

VIZIO Internet Apps Plus provides you with an intuitive smart TV experience. The platform features advanced, full-screen app browsing, the ability to control apps with mobile devices and an intuitive app launcher. You will not only navigate quicker and easier, but the redesign also provides access to a newly expanded full-screen app library, making it simple to find, organize and browse the full collection of apps.

Now you’ll have quicker and easy access straight from your M-Series smart TV to all of your favorite apps including Netflix, HuluPlus and YouTube. In addition, we’re adding some great new apps to the line up, including: M-GO, ESPN ScoreCenter, 3DGO! and more!

For more information on the VIZIO Internet Apps Plus platform, please visit VIZIO.com.
post #37 of 100 Old 08-06-2013, 04:53 PM

Well it seems this rollout is going great....I have a M370SL (NOT a 3D model!!!) and the 3DGO app is available and installs!!! I'm not foolish enough to believe it can provide 3D functionality on a non 3D TV but I also have an M3D460sr (a 3D model) that the 3DGO app is not available.....(yet???) Personally I'll just stick with VUDU and Verizon FIOS for streaming 3D content.
post #38 of 100 Old 08-06-2013, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter

Vizio is promising the last of the 3DGO roll outs to be done by the end of this month. Why they would roll it out on a non-3DTV is a good question though!

When you get it on your 3DTV I'd be interested to hear how the picture quality compares to 3D streaming on VUDU. 3DGO! should have a much better PQ but I'd like to know if you can see the difference.
post #39 of 100 Old 08-07-2013, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny905 View Post

Vizio is promising the last of the 3DGO roll outs to be done by the end of this month. Why they would roll it out on a non-3DTV is a good question though!

When you get it on your 3DTV I'd be interested to hear how the picture quality compares to 3D streaming on VUDU. 3DGO! should have a much better PQ but I'd like to know if you can see the difference.

Out of curiosity do you have issues with the quality of the image streaming with VUDU? 1080p VUDU streaming specifies about 9mbps bandwidth and 720p specifies about 6 or 7mbps. I have the capacity available for either but frankly my eyesight doesn't really notice any picture quality difference between 720p and 1080p except for scenes with a great deal of real life fast moving objects. Cartoon 3D movies don't seem to exhibit this behaviour. Of course image quality is highly subjective but in my experience there is more image quality and comfortable viewing improvement possible with brightness settings rather than resolution selection. JMHO
post #40 of 100 Old 08-07-2013, 12:21 PM

Where did you see that Vizio promised to have to rollout to all 3D models by the end of the month. My M3D55OKDE hasn't sniffed it yet.
post #41 of 100 Old 08-08-2013, 05:10 AM
AVS Special Member

I have been waiting for years for this app, and gone through 3 different TVs in the process. If I don't get the 3DGO app by September 1st, I'm getting rid of the Vizio and buying an LG instead.
post #42 of 100 Old 08-08-2013, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_B View Post

Out of curiosity do you have issues with the quality of the image streaming with VUDU? 1080p VUDU streaming specifies about 9mbps bandwidth and 720p specifies about 6 or 7mbps.

VUDU 3D is side-by-side and I have yet to see any side-by-side 3D look as good as a blu-ray. If you search the forums you'll see complaints about pixelization and other issues with VUDU 3D.
post #43 of 100 Old 08-08-2013, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBUTCH View Post

Where did you see that Vizio promised to have to rollout to all 3D models by the end of the month. My M3D55OKDE hasn't sniffed it yet.

Vizio said in a twitter chat this week that the last of the 3DGO rollouts will be done by the end of the summer, and 3DGO posted the following on its FB page this week:

Hey 3DGO! fans!

We know many of you have been eagerly awaiting 3DGO! on your VIZIO 3D TV for quite some time now. We understand you are eager to experience 3DGO! and we want you to know we're the first to wish you could have been enjoying our app sooner.

We've got some good news for you though: a lot of people are working very hard to bring you 3DGO! as quick as possible, and it's being deployed on more 3DTVs everyday! The last deployments are slated to be made by the end of August.

Hang in there! It will be worth the wait, we promise!
post #44 of 100 Old 08-09-2013, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member

I just had the most interesting chat with "Stewie" at Vizio's Customer Service. I inquired what the latest firmware was for my set (M3D55KDE), and he informed me it was version 3.12.1, deployed on January 5th of this year. When I asked him about the 3DGO! app and whether it was supposed to be included in that version of the firmware, he asked me to wait while he checked with Vizio engineering. Several minutes transpired, and while I was waiting the VIA app system updated itself, checking the app versions and then reloading everything. When he eventually came back, he apologized and stated that the 3DGO! app was not supported on this particular model but might be "sometime in the future". When I replied that my TV was listed on the Vizio website as being compatible with this app, he said he would have someone check the website to make sure the information on it was "accurate."
post #45 of 100 Old 08-09-2013, 03:18 PM

The customer service reps at Vizio seem absolutely clueless about what is going on with the apps. I had the same experience - I had to point out to the rep that the VIA chart shows the M3D55OKDE as being compatible with 3Dgo!. He then said I should eventually get the app, but not to new app interface being rolled out to newer sets.
post #46 of 100 Old 08-24-2013, 12:27 PM
AVS Special Member

The M3D550KDE had a firmware update last night (to version 3.12.6), and the 3DGO! App is still not available. In fact, the total app count was 144 with firmware version 3.12.1, and now it's down to 141.
post #47 of 100 Old 08-24-2013, 03:52 PM

Same thing with mine. All the update appears to have done is shed some apps from the store. Starting to wonder about the purported 'by the end of August' deadline.
post #48 of 100 Old 08-25-2013, 08:45 PM

I saw it tonight after update on my recently purchased 80" Vizio. Checked it out but did not have time or computer handy, to signup but all appears to work and ready to go. Looking forward to trying it out tomorrow.

Mark II

I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; am I therefore perfect?
post #49 of 100 Old 08-26-2013, 08:15 PM - Thread Starter

I look forward to hearing how it works for you.

P.S. 80"... I'm jealous!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark II View Post

I saw it tonight after update on my recently purchased 80" Vizio. Checked it out but did not have time or computer handy, to signup but all appears to work and ready to go. Looking forward to trying it out tomorrow.
post #50 of 100 Old 08-26-2013, 08:30 PM - Thread Starter

Looks like Panasonic 3DTV owners will now also have access to 3DGO! by the end of the year. And the service will be coming to Canada (finally).

2013-08-26

SENSIO announces agreement with Panasonic to make 3DGO!TM available on their 3DTVs in the US

Agreement also covering future expansion of 3DGO! service in Canada

MONTREAL – August 26, 2013 – SENSIO Technologies Inc. (“SENSIO” or “the Company”) (TSX-V:SIO) (OTC Markets :SNIOF), announced today that it has reached an agreement with Panasonic Corporation of North America, one of the industry’s major electronics manufacturers, to offer its 3DGO!TM VOD service on Panasonic 3DTVs across the United States and Canada. The service will be made available on all Panasonic 3DTVs, including current and future models sold in stores, as well as legacy models already in homes in those territories. The 3DGO! application will be available through the Viera Connect Apps Navigator, Panasonic’s application store, with a target launch of Holiday season 2013 in the United States.

“We are extremely proud that 3DGO! has been selected by Panasonic, a key industry player and a pioneer in the development of 3D consumer products which shares our strong belief in the future of 3D and remains committed to its success in the home”, said Nicholas Routhier, President and CEO of SENSIO. “3DGO! has once more proven its value on the market with its exceptional selection of premium content, which is a must-have for a successful 3D at home offering. We are also very excited to have a partner which will allow us to eventually address the Canadian market, opening new doors for future expansion to more countries and territories, which is one of our key priorities.”

3DGO!TM is the world’s first and only dedicated 3D transactional VOD service offering the largest selection of high-quality 3D content, including some of the latest 3D Hollywood blockbuster titles, via internet streaming to 3D smart devices. The application offers consumers quick and easy access to an ever-growing library of varied 3D content which SENSIO is committed to continue developing. Neither subscription nor additional equipment is required making it a simple, inexpensive and ideal way to watch 3D in the home. For a list of compatible devices and available movies, please visit www.3DGO.com.

For further information on SENSIO and its technologies, please visit www.sensio.tv

About SENSIO Technologies Inc. (SENSIO):

SENSIO Technologies Inc. (www.sensio.tv) has been leading the floor in bringing 3D video to the consumer since 1999. Its vision, expertise and state-of-the-art solutions, based on diversified stereoscopic image-processing technologies, have been trusted by some of the biggest names in the media and entertainment industries to power numerous industry firsts, initiate new business models and generate immediate revenue with a distinctive 3D offering.

SENSIO enables its clients to deliver the best possible 3D experience for the end-user through a broad portfolio of products, including its flagship, award-winning technology, SENSIO® Hi-Fi 3D. Through SENSIO solutions, consumers can access – with effortless interaction and complete peace of mind – 3D content of superior quality to common frame-compatible formats** distributed over existing infrastructure (cable, satellite or over IP) and displayed using any existing digital equipment (cinema, home cinema, TV, game consoles or PC). SENSIO is listed on the Toronto TSX Venture Exchange.

SENSIO® is a registered trademark of SENSIO Technologies Inc.

Caution Concerning Forward-Looking Statements

Certain statements made in this press release that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements and are subject to important risks, uncertainties and assumptions. The results or events predicted in these forward-looking statements may differ materially from actual results or events. As a result, readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward looking statements. For more exhaustive information on these risks and uncertainties, the reader should refer to the risk factors described in the management's discussion and analysis of SENSIO for the quarter ended February 28, 2013. The forward-looking statements contained in this press release represent our expectations as of the date hereof. We disclaim any intention and assume no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements.

Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
post #51 of 100 Old 08-28-2013, 09:13 PM - Thread Starter

3DGo streams 3D movies you might actually want to watch
Jonathan Seff @jonseff

http://www.techhive.com/article/2047571/3dgo-streams-3d-movies-you-might-actually-want-to-watch.html

Aug 28, 2013 10:08 AM

I admit it—I own a 3DTV. Well, to be more accurate, I bought a Samsung HDTV with the right blend of features and price that just happened to also have 3D support. But like many people who’ve made such a purchase, I haven’t even taken the glasses out of the box.

3DGo, an on-demand streaming 3D movie service that has been quietly chugging away over the past few months, may actually make me reconsider my 3D neglect. The service, which is currently available only on Vizio 3DTVs, carries about 50 movies from the likes of Disney, Pixar, Dreamworks, Paramount, and National Geographic. Current titles include Monsters, Inc., Captain America: The First Avenger, Cars 2, Wreck-It Ralph, Tron: Legacy, Thor, the Toy Story trilogy, and even Top Gun (yes, that Top Gun). Iron Man 3 will soon join that list. The service also offers Transformers: Dark Of The Moon, but I’ve decided not to hold that against it.

I had a chance to go eyes-on with 3DGo during a private demo at San Francisco’s Wingtip Club, and was pretty impressed with what I saw using an M-Series Vizio TV, a pair of 3D glasses, and a fairly pedestrian Internet connection.

Watching parts from several live-action and animated films, the quality of 3DGo’s streaming pretty evenly matched with demos of Blu-ray-based 3D content I’ve seen at CES and other places. I couldn’t see any noticeable macroblocking or other problems common with motion and transitions on streaming content. The user interface is pretty basic—a 1.0 design, by the company’s own admission—but with a relatively small catalog to navigate through, that didn’t seem like a big problem right now.

3DGo movies are rental-based, at $6 to $8 a pop, and like other video-on-demand services, you can watch a movie as many times as you want within 24 hours. New customers get a free movie when they sign up.

Instead of sending separate streams for the left and right eye, 3DGo transmits a single stream that gets decoded to stereoscopic 3D on the receiving end. That means 3DGo can deliver full resolution 3D in the same bandwidth as 2D—roughly 4 mbps to 6 mbps works. How? The company behind 3DGo, Sensio Technologies, has spent more than a decade developing 3D technologies, and its Hi-Fi 3D format is pretty darn efficient. To get the best results, the company even requests the raw left and right channels from movie studios (rather than the master file) to combine them properly and make sure frames match up.

The benefit of a service like 3DGo is that you don’t need to buy a 3D Blu-ray player and expensive 3D movies (although if they’re meant for the kids, you’ll probably save money in the long run versus renting every time). If your TV supports the service, it’s just like having Netflix or any other on-demand option that you use when you want.

The biggest problem with the service right now is compatibility: As mentioned, it currently only runs as an app on Vizio TVs (and only in the U.S.). But the company just signed a deal with Panasonic to bring 3DGo to its 3DTVs, and is also talking with Samsung (which means I’ll have to wait a while to show it off to my kids). And when I asked about expanding beyond TV, the company said it was looking at the likes of Roku, PlayStation, and Xbox as logical extensions. The biggest problem there, however, is the need for on-board hardware that can decode the processor-intense Hi-Fi 3D format.

With recent announcements from ESPN and others about abandoning—or at least tabling—3D content, the idea of such a service gave me pause. But with the built-in nature, easy setup and rental, and actual desirable content, 3DGo makes a lot of sense.

3DGo isn’t the only service offering on-demand 3D. Vudu offers a bunch of 3D movies of varying caliber, but mostly available only as $30-plus purchases and not as rentals. 3DGo prides itself on carrying large studio releases and professional-level nature documentaries. And the technology behind the service is impressive. What will make or break it is getting on more devices and building a larger catalog so people keep coming back.
post #52 of 100 Old 08-29-2013, 09:21 PM
AVS Special Member

The app just appeared on my M3D550KDE.
post #53 of 100 Old 08-30-2013, 01:02 PM

Same here! I'll give it a try later today and report back on the pic quality, etc.
post #54 of 100 Old 08-30-2013, 01:57 PM

Bust. Tried to watch the free movie. Streamed just fine at first, but it was two side by side images that were NOT in 3D. The 3D controls on the TV did not work - could not switch between settings. Then the screen went black. I had to use the input button on the remote to get out of the "VIA" input and back to my cable box. When I went to the different input, my 3D button still did not work - 3Dnet was two side by side images not in 3D - just like the free movie in the app. I had to shut off and reboot my TV to get it to work again. The app says you need 4000 kbps broadband speed - mine measured at 7931 so that definitely was not the problem. I've contacted 3Dgo! support about the problem.
post #55 of 100 Old 08-30-2013, 02:43 PM
AVS Special Member

I hope it is not necessary to select the Sensio option in the TV's 3D menu in order to view the streams properly. One would hope that they have written the software so that the TV would automatically switch into 3D mode.
post #56 of 100 Old 08-30-2013, 02:53 PM

Was on support with Vizio for 1/2 hr. Reset TV to factory settings, reinstalled all the apps. Finally figured out that the 3Dgo! app is not ready to go! yet. Said try it again in a few days.
post #57 of 100 Old 08-30-2013, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy1 View Post

I hope it is not necessary to select the Sensio option in the TV's 3D menu in order to view the streams properly. One would hope that they have written the software so that the TV would automatically switch into 3D mode.

My understanding is that 3DGO! is supposed to incorporate Sensio's Autodetect technology which automatically detects the 3D mode (Sensio Hi-Fi 3D in this case) and switches to Sensio 3D mode. Can anyone who has used 3DGO! confirm if that is the case?
post #58 of 100 Old 09-02-2013, 08:59 PM

Has ANYONE had success streaming a 3d movie from this app yet? App is on my TV, but not functional yet. The pitch was that the pic quality of the Sensio 3d is supposed to be superior to that offered elsewhere. I have yet to hear anything about someone that has the app actually functioning and if the pic quality is actually worth it.
post #59 of 100 Old 09-04-2013, 08:27 PM

I have watched the demo a few times and all works fine. Picture looks great but the app navigation is very cumbersome and flakey. However, we plan on viewing a lot of the movies when we get settled in our new home.

Mark II

I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; am I therefore perfect?
post #60 of 100 Old 09-23-2013, 12:03 PM
AVS Special Member

According to these posts, Sensio Technologies is having serious financial problems. Apparently many of the announced partnerships with major TV manufacturers have failed to materialize, and there is even talk of selling the company:

http://www.stockhouse.com/companies/bullboard/v.sio/sensio-technologies-inc?postid=21760303
Reply 3D Content

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page