post #121 of 128 Old 05-03-2014, 03:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy sullivan View Post

One movie that gets little mention here is "upside Down". The 3d is very impressive. Whenever I want to show someone what 3d looks like on a TV I just throw on the opening scene.

Have a copy of this myself. Very nice conversion.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 128 Old 05-03-2014, 08:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 50
I checked out Legend of Hercules 3D today. I wouldn't call it a must-have film, and it has more in common with the Spartacus TV series and 300 than the classic Hercules myths, but I did find it sufficiently entertaining and not nearly as bad as the reviews made it out to be.

In terms of 3D, depth and pop are both very good with lots of stuff poking out of the screen (perfectly appropriate for a movie like this) and an almost constant sense of depth to the sets and environments. This movie definitely does not fall into the "subtle" 3D category.

Worth a look for anyone in search of a 3D fix at home in my opinion.
nenito2k likes this.
post #123 of 128 Old 05-04-2014, 05:13 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
hercules did get GOOD 3D reviews....still not worth a purchase...on bluray. I will wait for the hercules with " Ze Rock"....
post #124 of 128 Old 05-24-2014, 06:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDP View Post

I checked out Legend of Hercules 3D today. I wouldn't call it a must-have film, and it has more in common with the Spartacus TV series and 300 than the classic Hercules myths, but I did find it sufficiently entertaining and not nearly as bad as the reviews made it out to be.

In terms of 3D, depth and pop are both very good with lots of stuff poking out of the screen (perfectly appropriate for a movie like this) and an almost constant sense of depth to the sets and environments. This movie definitely does not fall into the "subtle" 3D category.

Worth a look for anyone in search of a 3D fix at home in my opinion.

I have to agree with you. The reviews were so bad they set my expectations for this film to close to zero. After seeing it I'd give it a 6/10 for content and a 9 or 9.5/10 for 3D -- great 3D in my opinion.
post #125 of 128 Old 05-25-2014, 09:11 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by oleus View Post

THIS! I was blown away by the 3d in RISE OF THE GUARDIANS. Best PQ i think i've ever seen on my projector.

I'm in complete agreement. This is my demo disc. I am closing in on my 100th 3D Blu-ray (bought #97 two days ago). (And yes, I've watched them all save #97.)
post #126 of 128 Old 06-15-2014, 02:48 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
My faves are:
Wreck it ralph
Despicable me 1 and 2
Hotel transylvania
and i have beauty and the beast and lion kind in 3d but haven't opened them yet, just bought them a few weeks ago. I will let you know how those are. I saw gravity in 3d at my friend's house and it is good but not great, i feel the 3d effect is more into with animation in despicable me series wreck it ralph and hotel transylvania, also saw little mermaid in 3d it was not bad but not great, bought it anyways due to me seeing in theatres when i was young and it is a cartoon animation that disney hasn't done in a while due to pixar kind of animation, i wish they would do a new one in 3d.
post #127 of 128 Old 06-16-2014, 01:44 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
i confirm rise of guardians is the best 3D i have seen! not only are there no technical glitches on the 3D (very stable, and i am very picky); but there are also no forced effects nor gimmicks...it all feels entirely part of the story

this is definitely a demo disk along with gravity for me ! i bought it very cheap too on amazon !
i am really looking forward to house of magic 3D; seems to be the new reference in Europe; but the disk is way way too expensive; i'll wait
post #128 of 128 Old 06-16-2014, 04:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Nice thread. Should be made a sticky :-D
Reply 3D Content

Tags
Jurassic Park 3d 3d Blu Ray Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy Ultraviolet , Captain America The First Avenger Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy , Imax Under The Sea 3d Single Disc Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Combo , Avatar 3d Blu Ray Collectors Edition , Prometheus Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , Hugo Blu Ray 3d , Titanic Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Digital Copy , Life Of Pi 3d Blu Ray , Marvels The Avengers Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo In Blu Ray Packaging , The Lion King Four Disc Diamond Edition Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy
Gear in this thread - Life by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page