Best 3D movie converter fo LG Cinema 3D? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 09-16-2013, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, guys iam new here,i was looking for good 3D movie converter fo LG Cinema 3D,
I tried many software's like Aiseesoft and Leawo converter all i get is kind of box effect,nothing popping out,seems
everything is deep inside.

Plus don't know what settings should i use for 3D depth and etc,plz HELP.....frown.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-16-2013, 07:13 PM

Liked: 37
I'd advise you to just use the TV's onboard 2D->3D converter if you want to watch 2D movies in 3D. (And BTW, I have an LG 65LW6500 3DTV). Use the TV's 3D depth adjustments. The TV's on the fly conversion will very often not get things quite right, leading to odd effects, but that's how it is. The more you dial up the depth adjustment, the more obvious will be the errors. When I say errors, I mean things will not be placed correctly in background or foreground.

Think about it. Millions of dollars are spent in post-production to convert 2D movies to 3D. To do it right requires a lot of work, much of it being convergence adjustments. No program presently can do a decent job of it. Besides which, all the programs I'm aware of output either a SbS (side-by-side) or T/B (top bottom) file, which halves the resolution.

Anyway, you can try DVDFab, which offers a free trial. IMO, it doesn't do any better than the onboard conversion, even discounting resolution loss. But it won't hurt to try, if you're determined to find out for yourself.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.
post #3 of 5 Old 09-17-2013, 06:29 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for u r reply,i tried dvdfab but again I am struggling with settings like 3D depth resolution etc,so if u can guide me,i don't mind SBS unless i get pop out 3D,and like u said i want to convert movies which were made in 3D like Avatar and Jurassic park. Thank you.
post #4 of 5 Old 09-17-2013, 03:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 46
To the best of my knowledge, no commercially available "on the fly" 2D>3D converter will give you pop out of the screen, even when used on a movie that was originally presented in 3D (ie: the Avatar 2D disc). While these converters can do a decent job at creating a sense of depth into the screen none that I know of have ever really replicated pop out effects successfully.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-31-2014, 03:50 AM

Have you tried Pavtube? I am using it and the 3D effect is good. I do not need to set the 3D depth, just use the original setting in the Side-by-side 3D effect profile.It played well on my 3D TV.

Reply 3D Content

Tags
Lg Infinia 65lw6500 65 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 120 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page