AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post
I can't wait to passively see it.

BTW, it seems that BB is claiming they have an exclusive on the 3DBD in the states. Is that true?
No. Maybe there's something else about BB's edition that's unique, but it's not the 3D.

Quote:
Via Anchor Bay, Miramax has given 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' a single standard Blu-ray release for both the 3D and 2D versions. It's impossible to purchase one version without getting the other. This three-disc combo pack include the bare-bones 3D Blu-ray (BD-50), a 2D Blu-ray (BD-50) with special features, a DVD copy and a code for an Ultraviolet copy. The Blu-ray discs are Region A locked come stacked atop one another on the right inside panel of this eco-Lite Elite keepcase. The DVD copy is housed on the left inside panel. If you purchase this set early on, you'll get a nice glossy embossed and reflective cardboard slip cover along with it. Aside from unskippable Anchor Bay and Weinstein vanity reels, nothing plays before the animated and music-filled main menu.

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1357...tokillfor.html
Sure enough, I checked Amazon and even though the don't list the 3D version, a customer image confirms it's included with the 2D Blu-ray.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #662 of 671 Old 11-19-2014, 04:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Canada - West Island: Vancouver, South Direction: Go East
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1949 Post(s)
Liked: 577
Cool 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' ... On Blu-ray, and in 3D, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grubadub View Post
let us know what you think
It was awesome! ...3D wise (10/10), artistic picture quality wise (10/10), and sound mix (audio) quality wise (10/10).

I was so enthralled that after the "active" 3D show I watched the first one, in 3D (2D-to-3D conversion).

Story wise? ...What story, it's in 3D man! ...And excellently done. ...Get those 3D sunglasses out, and enjoy the 3D show, even in passive mode.
post #663 of 671 Old 11-19-2014, 04:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 631 Post(s)
Liked: 926
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefoo View Post
No. Maybe there's something else about BB's edition that's unique, but it's not the 3D.
I checked Germany (amazon.fazzerland) and googled around, and looked on blu-ray.com, and AFAICT BB is the only one with the classic full gamut of disks and the hokey UVDC crap.

This one:

New! Frank Miller's Sin City: A Dame To Kill For Steelbook (Blu-ray+DVD+ UV Digital Copy) (Only @ Best Buy) (Blu-ray 3D) (Only @ Best Buy)

It's at a fairly decent price too!

[MODS: Please allow this link. I kept the price out of it, and it's only to show what may be an exclusive set of discs, as per the discussion].

Yes, it's true that color does not exist in the physical universe: it exists only in the brain. But this doesn't mean that one person can see blue internally as yellow and that another could see it as red. The reactions and recognition of colors is neurological in nature. Once it occurs there isn't yet another evaluation that takes place. Blue looks to me as blue in precisely the same way it does to you, by definition.
post #664 of 671 Old 11-19-2014, 04:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferl View Post
Sorry. My post and comment was I'll-conceived. The OP was not trolling. I think I was. I looked at the thread, because I wanted to see what the latest opinions were, and sorted through page after page of unrelated posts. I shouldn't attempt to police topics, but it would be nice to see posts related to the topic. If I was wanting to investigate eye strain or passive vs active, I would never think to look at the "Is 3D dead" topic. I think the topics get muddy with useless posts that only value is to increase ones post count. What someone had for dinner last night or the " I agree" posts, just waste space. Again, my apologies for a post that didn't contribute anything of value to the thread.

That being said, I don't think 3D is near dead, but it's not doing great. I do think there are quite a few movies being done in 3D with this latest attempt to revive the format. What can we or this thread do to help things along. I suppose we could see movies in the theater and buy them when they come out on BluRay. I'm not helping much in that respect. I prefer my home environment for movies and rarely see 3D movies in the theater. I find that I rent more than I buy and that probably doesn't help the cause either.
For what it's worth, I think it will be around for quite some time. I can't throw around any production numbers or anything that substantiates my opinions, so my post is of little value. It does however add 1 more to my quest for huge post count
It don't matter @ all; your question was still 100% appropriate and dead on "3D" topic (telescopic).

* Did you have a "3D" question?

Last edited by NorthSky; 11-19-2014 at 04:56 PM.
post #665 of 671 Old 11-19-2014, 04:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

BTW, it seems that BB is claiming they have an exclusive on the 3DBD in the states. Is that true?
Dunno, from 3D igloo country, me.
post #666 of 671 Old 11-19-2014, 05:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Just get it; it'll show you that 3D is still very alive and well.
post #667 of 671 Old Yesterday, 01:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:

Yes, and so do Target and Wal-Mart (Wal-Mart's is basically DAME 3D packaged with the first film, Best Buy's is a Steelbook, and don't yet know what Target's offering until I pick it up for $18.99!)

post #668 of 671 Old Yesterday, 07:25 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Do you guys usually use 2D to 3D converters? Which is the best in your opinion?
I know that they are not very good but some of them are good enough for people who really like 3D.
post #669 of 671 Old Yesterday, 07:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARTmen View Post
I know that they are not very good but some of them are good enough for people who really like 3D.
Speaking for my mid-range $1400 Sony 60R550A, my kids love it. I almost always avoid it, but I have been fascinated at how much it actually does correctly.

Yes, it's true that color does not exist in the physical universe: it exists only in the brain. But this doesn't mean that one person can see blue internally as yellow and that another could see it as red. The reactions and recognition of colors is neurological in nature. Once it occurs there isn't yet another evaluation that takes place. Blue looks to me as blue in precisely the same way it does to you, by definition.
post #670 of 671 Old Yesterday, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinema13 View Post
Yes, and so do Target and Wal-Mart (Wal-Mart's is basically DAME 3D packaged with the first film, Best Buy's is a Steelbook, and don't yet know what Target's offering until I pick it up for $18.99!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinema13 View Post
Wow. Deja-vu. :-P

post #671 of 671 Old Yesterday, 03:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARTmen View Post
For some flicks the 2D -> 3D conversion works pretty good. ...Or from your 3D BD player or from your 3D HDTV or front projector.
Sure, it's not like the real "3D" thing, but still better than those blue & red cardboard glasses from the fifties.

* I rarely use it myself, but I do occasionally, when I think that a certain 2D Blu-ray film would be interesting to check in 3D conversion.
Some big 3D fans use it much more frequently, like Don Landis I believe. ...I like Don; I learned some good stuff from him, and he is also an inspiration.
...In 3D.

And Tom (tomtastic) might be into it as well.
Reply 3D Content