post #211 of 216 Old 08-23-2014, 06:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
Just watched this on blu the other night and thought the 3d was excellent and very good overall audio. Glad I rented though as this film is clearly geared toward young girls and the big motivating factor just to get through it once was the A/V/3d!
I agree. I'm not a fan of this movie and I know my thoughts about it go against the general consensus.

I actually enjoyed the 3D loser movies like Hercules, Pompeii and Frankenstein a lot more -- probably because I went in with such low expectations and was relieved that they turned out to be watchable, at least for me. I really enjoyed the 3D.

Toe -- you've been pretty quiet lately, at least over on the projector forum. I've missed you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 216 Old 08-23-2014, 08:55 AM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post
I agree. I'm not a fan of this movie and I know my thoughts about it go against the general consensus.

I actually enjoyed the 3D loser movies like Hercules, Pompeii and Frankenstein a lot more -- probably because I went in with such low expectations and was relieved that they turned out to be watchable, at least for me. I really enjoyed the 3D.

Toe -- you've been pretty quiet lately, at least over on the projector forum. I've missed you.
I am with you on Herc, Pompeii and Frank.........I enjoyed all those more than Frozen. Frozen was just tilted a bit too much toward the young female demographic from my perspective.

Thanks Deja Vu! Hope all is well with you. I have just been busy lately, but have started getting into the HT more which has been great.

I am planning on getting down to Cedia (the show is about 20 minutes from my house this year!) on Sat (the 13th) to check out some of the new projectors depending on what is being shown. I don't think there will be much to tempt from a 3d angle though (at least in our price range.........would love one of those higher end light cannon DLPs!) as I don't see JVC, Sony, etc.....getting the crosstalk levels anywhere near DLP, but it will be interesting to see and I will let you know my thoughts since I know you and me are on the same ghosting tolerance level.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
post #213 of 216 Old 08-23-2014, 10:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Toe: I look forward to your projector thoughts following your attendance at CEDIA -- especially your impressions of 3D.
Toe likes this.
post #214 of 216 Old 08-31-2014, 07:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 679 Post(s)
Liked: 181
Knowing the same team did Tangles i also found Frozen to be amazing in 3d. I think Tangled wins because of the hair on rapunzel.

But im loving the animation 3d. Very very srtong.
post #215 of 216 Old 09-16-2014, 11:46 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Still haven't seen any official announcement of a U.S. October release for the 3D Blu of this.
Is the general consensus that we'll still get it, if not in Oct. then in time for the December holidays?

Almost imported a couple times now, but keep letting myself get stringed along on the possibility of extras being included in a U.S. release (and maybe a lenticular slip cover). But if it seems doubtful I might go ahead and import.
post #216 of 216 Old Today, 12:49 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagenstein View Post
Still haven't seen any official announcement of a U.S. October release for the 3D Blu of this.
Is the general consensus that we'll still get it, if not in Oct. then in time for the December holidays?

Almost imported a couple times now, but keep letting myself get stringed along on the possibility of extras being included in a U.S. release (and maybe a lenticular slip cover). But if it seems doubtful I might go ahead and import.
I did buy the uk and it is great, for now i will wait for the us version i would say next year sometime in late spring it is going to be released, maybe they might include frozen fever after they release it in the cinderella movie, and also include the frozen special that aired on abc in the 2nd but just my assumption. So i will still buy the us version and give my uk away to a friend of mine.
Reply 3D Content

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page