Frozen 3D - Page 8 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

Old 08-23-2014, 06:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 395 Post(s)
Liked: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
Just watched this on blu the other night and thought the 3d was excellent and very good overall audio. Glad I rented though as this film is clearly geared toward young girls and the big motivating factor just to get through it once was the A/V/3d!
I agree. I'm not a fan of this movie and I know my thoughts about it go against the general consensus.

I actually enjoyed the 3D loser movies like Hercules, Pompeii and Frankenstein a lot more -- probably because I went in with such low expectations and was relieved that they turned out to be watchable, at least for me. I really enjoyed the 3D.

Toe -- you've been pretty quiet lately, at least over on the projector forum. I've missed you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2014, 08:55 AM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 736 Post(s)
Liked: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post
I agree. I'm not a fan of this movie and I know my thoughts about it go against the general consensus.

I actually enjoyed the 3D loser movies like Hercules, Pompeii and Frankenstein a lot more -- probably because I went in with such low expectations and was relieved that they turned out to be watchable, at least for me. I really enjoyed the 3D.

Toe -- you've been pretty quiet lately, at least over on the projector forum. I've missed you.
I am with you on Herc, Pompeii and Frank.........I enjoyed all those more than Frozen. Frozen was just tilted a bit too much toward the young female demographic from my perspective.

Thanks Deja Vu! Hope all is well with you. I have just been busy lately, but have started getting into the HT more which has been great.

I am planning on getting down to Cedia (the show is about 20 minutes from my house this year!) on Sat (the 13th) to check out some of the new projectors depending on what is being shown. I don't think there will be much to tempt from a 3d angle though (at least in our price range.........would love one of those higher end light cannon DLPs!) as I don't see JVC, Sony, etc.....getting the crosstalk levels anywhere near DLP, but it will be interesting to see and I will let you know my thoughts since I know you and me are on the same ghosting tolerance level.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
Old 08-23-2014, 10:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 395 Post(s)
Liked: 269
Toe: I look forward to your projector thoughts following your attendance at CEDIA -- especially your impressions of 3D.
Toe likes this.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1196 Post(s)
Liked: 355
Knowing the same team did Tangles i also found Frozen to be amazing in 3d. I think Tangled wins because of the hair on rapunzel.

But im loving the animation 3d. Very very srtong.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Still haven't seen any official announcement of a U.S. October release for the 3D Blu of this.
Is the general consensus that we'll still get it, if not in Oct. then in time for the December holidays?

Almost imported a couple times now, but keep letting myself get stringed along on the possibility of extras being included in a U.S. release (and maybe a lenticular slip cover). But if it seems doubtful I might go ahead and import.
Old 09-18-2014, 12:49 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagenstein View Post
Still haven't seen any official announcement of a U.S. October release for the 3D Blu of this.
Is the general consensus that we'll still get it, if not in Oct. then in time for the December holidays?

Almost imported a couple times now, but keep letting myself get stringed along on the possibility of extras being included in a U.S. release (and maybe a lenticular slip cover). But if it seems doubtful I might go ahead and import.
I did buy the uk and it is great, for now i will wait for the us version i would say next year sometime in late spring it is going to be released, maybe they might include frozen fever after they release it in the cinderella movie, and also include the frozen special that aired on abc in the 2nd but just my assumption. So i will still buy the us version and give my uk away to a friend of mine.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:27 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 2
My girls would love this in 3D, but I just can't justify the cost of importing it.
Old 09-23-2014, 04:19 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Location: Canada - West Island: Vancouver, South Direction: Go East, dts:x Films: Under the Skin, 3D, Birdman, X_Machina, The Zero Theorem, Interstellar
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 4902 Post(s)
Liked: 2028
There is nothing too expensive for your girls. ...Yes, 'Frozen' in 3D is pure magic.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:32 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 241
It really wasn't any more than buying it at BB. The VAT tax is removed when buying from the US. I think te final price was $27 shipped.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
Old 10-07-2014, 11:36 AM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac View Post
It really wasn't any more than buying it at BB. The VAT tax is removed when buying from the US. I think te final price was $27 shipped.

S~
My patience came to an end and I finally imported. Should have it Thurs (ordered a few days ago).

Really was as painless as everyone has indicated, and I've spent more on domestic releases than I spent on this.

My six year old daughter thanks you all lol.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 241
The things we do for our daughters I have 6, so I feel ya.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
Old 10-10-2014, 07:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 30
FYI: Amazon.co.uk is doing a 2 Disney 3D movies for ~$32 sale. This includes Frozen (though doesn't include a great many titles I would have liked). So the excuse for cost is now gone. Its as cheap as any Disney 3D has ever been.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/b/ref=amb_li...d_i=B00FZM8Z7I
Old 10-10-2014, 07:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1408 Post(s)
Liked: 1379
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolhand View Post
FYI: Amazon.co.uk is doing a 2 Disney 3D movies for ~$32 sale. This includes Frozen (though doesn't include a great many titles I would have liked). So the excuse for cost is now gone. Its as cheap as any Disney 3D has ever been.

The Brave one is claiming "all regions". Was this debunked earlier?

Cogito ergo sum makes a fundamental mistake because it ignores the implied existence of the narrator. Descartes might as well have said "A rose is red, therefore I am".
Old 10-10-2014, 07:57 AM
AVS Special Member

^^^Warning. There's a limit of using only ONE of the 2 for 1 offer per order. You can do up to 10 BD's total I think, but they need to be different orders.

Cogito ergo sum makes a fundamental mistake because it ignores the implied existence of the narrator. Descartes might as well have said "A rose is red, therefore I am".

Last edited by tgm1024; 10-10-2014 at 08:07 AM.
Old 10-16-2014, 11:32 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Thanks! Total price after shipping and Amazon's conversion = 38.27 US Dollars to ship two 3D Disney blu-rays from UK, Frozen 3D being one of them. I held out long enough to be let down by no October US release.
Old 10-27-2014, 06:51 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMad View Post
Thanks! Total price after shipping and Amazon's conversion = 38.27 US Dollars to ship two 3D Disney blu-rays from UK, Frozen 3D being one of them. I held out long enough to be let down by no October US release.
Frozen 3D ordered on 10/16, received on 10/23. It only took 7 days to arrive. Tested over the weekend and it indeed does work fine. It wasn't even dubbed over with British accents!
Old 10-27-2014, 10:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMad View Post
Frozen 3D ordered on 10/16, received on 10/23. It only took 7 days to arrive. Tested over the weekend and it indeed does work fine. It wasn't even dubbed over with British accents!
I ordered Tangled and Frozen from amazon.co.uk, and had them hold them until one of them showed up (one was out of stock and I didn't want to pay the upcharge to have them shipped separately). It arrived roughly 8 days or so later. However estimated delivery time was 28 days! The website still thinks it hasn't been delivered yet (tracking doesn't work overseas I suppose).

Old 10-28-2014, 01:38 PM

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:

Thanks. I ordered Frozen and Finding Nemo on October 17 and they arrived last week.
Old 10-28-2014, 01:50 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:

Just jumped on the same deal. Had my eye on it for quite a while. Thanks for letting us know!

Help me, AVS Forum. You're my only Hope.....

My Current Setup
Old 11-08-2014, 01:17 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Thanks,
I ordered Frozen and Up and it was painless, delivered by US mail to my mailbox so it wasn't left on the doorstep by UPS where someone could take it. Don't be discouraged if Frozen or one of the titles is out of stock, I ordered anyway and Frozen arrived just a little later.
Unfortunately, Frozen is one of those titles that when paused, reverts to 2D (with a large annoying banner). Up isn't like that and pauses in 3D.
Yes I know it's a movie and not a pause-ey, but I like to inspect and appreciate the artwork and depth frame by frame in 3D sometimes.
Old 01-16-2015, 12:42 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Frozen 3D is listed at Amazon now.....Wondering if this version has a digital copy?

http://www.amazon.com/Frozen-Blu-ray...ords=frozen+3d
Old 01-16-2015, 12:48 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerbear View Post
Frozen 3D is listed at Amazon now.....Wondering if this version has a digital copy?

No it does not. This is the version I bought for my family for x-mas. It has the 3D blu-ray and regular blu-ray.

Help me, AVS Forum. You're my only Hope.....

My Current Setup
Old 01-16-2015, 02:29 PM

Figures, wait this long for a 3D combo pack and they don't include the digital? Why can't they do it like all the other studios
Old 01-16-2015, 08:51 PM

Liked: 14
That's the imported UK version. It's been around for a while.
Old 01-17-2015, 11:38 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Guys, please take a minute to support the Disney petition about 3D Blu-ray in North America: https://www.change.org/p/the-walt-di...share_petition
Old 01-18-2015, 07:24 AM

Is there such thing as a frozen 3D combo pack with a digital copy that works in the U.S?
Old 01-18-2015, 07:27 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1663 Post(s)
Liked: 1013
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerbear View Post

It's looks like the same thing that is sold from Amazon UK. Only you can probably get it for less money shipped from Amazon UK than from Amazon US.

53TB unRAID2--38TB unRAID3--33TB unRAID1a
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
Old 05-04-2015, 10:09 AM

Is anyone interested in selling their Frozen 3D UK slipcover (it has a gold border)?
Old 05-04-2015, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyr5 View Post
Is anyone interested in selling their Frozen 3D UK slipcover (it has a gold border)?
Is there a market for these things? I throw all of mine out.

Old 05-04-2015, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post
Is there a market for these things? I throw all of mine out.
There can be, I like to collect them, especially the Disney ones, I like the look of the movie better with them on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement