Newer Titles Don't Sync left and right eye right - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 04-09-2014, 06:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was watching The Hobbit The Desolation of Smaug and it seemed off. I paused it, and realized it was because what I saw with my right eye was slightly ahead of what I saw with the left. One scene showed a hand open on one eye and closed on the other. Anyone else have this issue recently? I've read about it on Philips and Sony players, and I hope and pray for a firmware update soon to fix it, but how do I communicate that it needs one to Samsung? They keep trying to convince me it is my glasses or my TV. I have other 3D Blu-rays that play just fine, so I know that is not the case. An image showing the problem is at
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-13-2014, 10:33 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Pausing the movie wont tell you anything meaningful. My player often just displays a 2D image when pausing the movie simply because it displays either the left or right frame.
If the movie seems off in 3D try turning your glasses upside down to see if that corrects the problem. Sometimes the sequencing in wrong and the right lens closes when the right image is on screen which is the wrong way round.
post #3 of 5 Old 04-14-2014, 04:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcdesign View Post

Pausing the movie wont tell you anything meaningful. My player often just displays a 2D image when pausing the movie simply because it displays either the left or right frame.
If the movie seems off in 3D try turning your glasses upside down to see if that corrects the problem. Sometimes the sequencing in wrong and the right lens closes when the right image is on screen which is the wrong way round.

I believe OP has a passive display which shows both frames at once. If I am guessing right you have an active display which is only showing one frame when paused?

If you look at OPS example, unless he is faking it, clearly one eye is seeing something at a different time frame than the other.

Monster Gold Plated Optical Cables: http://monstercable.com/productPage.asp?pin=1263

Awesome user review: "Unreal quality. Sounded like I upgraded my speakers." :D
post #4 of 5 Old 04-14-2014, 04:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
I addressed it in the other thread, that it's probably something in the TV doing it, some kind of processing that's causing a delay on one side. He's definitely not faking it, you can actually see the ghosted echo of the hand in the left image, that matches what the right image shows. For whatever reason, it's definitely showing two different images, and that's a major issue for 3D.

3D/2D during pausing is actually disc-dependant. Some movies remain 3D when paused, others will revert to 2D. Something in the way the playback software works, I guess. (I also have a passive display)

Welcome to Rivendell, Mister Anderson.
post #5 of 5 Old 04-14-2014, 04:50 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I see. Well in that case he has a problem then because the two images are a long way out of sync. What an odd issue!
Reply 3D Content

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page