what's the deal with the LEGO release? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 05-20-2014, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I was really looking forward to picking this up, i thought it was coming out today but it seems like it was pushed back, like they did with Frozen?

Plus it was never clear from the packaging if the 3d version of the movie was the "bonus 3d movie" or if it was some other mini-movie. Now I'm not sure if any 3d version is coming out.

Very confused!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-20-2014, 10:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 71
The Bonus 3D is the feature film. On another thread, there is apparently a pre-order option on Ebay for the set for $22.99 (including shipping). Maybe some can then sell the toys on Ebay and get a few bucks back.

One would think that, after the stellar sales of GRAVITY 3D, Warners wouldn't be trying so hard to keep 3D out of the hands of consumers. Guess they think it's an incentive to sell more toys.

Like FROZEN, the LEGO 3D disc can be imported.(Currently $21.94 with shipping.)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lego-Movie-Blu-ray-Copy-Region/dp/B00EXPOEGO/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1398306789&sr=1-1&keywords=lego+movie+3d

post #3 of 7 Old 05-20-2014, 11:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Vudu has the 2D,3D and bonus features for $32.
post #4 of 7 Old 05-20-2014, 11:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenisG View Post

Vudu has the 2D,3D and bonus features for $32.

More expensive than the BD import and no audio commentary, doc, fan films, outtakes, etc

post #5 of 7 Old 05-20-2014, 02:25 PM

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinema13 View Post

More expensive than the BD import and no audio commentary, doc, fan films, outtakes, etc

Just another example that the studios don't love us.
post #6 of 7 Old 05-20-2014, 04:59 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
wow, i'll definitely import it, but that's a shame they aren't giving it a US release in 3d. I love VUDU, but for 3d i prefer bluray for obvious reasons (although VUDU is no slouch).
post #7 of 7 Old 05-20-2014, 05:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oleus View Post

wow, i'll definitely import it, but that's a shame they aren't giving it a US release in 3d. I love VUDU, but for 3d i prefer bluray for obvious reasons (although VUDU is no slouch).

Well, to be fair (not that the studios are), they are releasing it domestically in 3D...but only if you buy the version with all the toys. It should also be noted that there is still no release date for the domestic releases on Amazon, while the UK edition states July 21. Whether that means that the U.S. discs will also come out on that date or whether it will be sooner, we don't know. The pre-orders on Ebay (for the 3D disc ONLY) states June 17. But if the street date is unknown (the discs being sold there will be taken from the deluxe set), that sate may be subject to change.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Lego-Movie-3D-Blu-Ray-Disc-Only-In-Original-Case-Preorder-Ships-On-6-17-/201090496720?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item2ed1ed78d0

So I guess, if you want to get the import but can't wait till July, you can always rent a streaming version and then get the UK disc for ACTUAL ownership.

One more point...while the UK discs are Region-Free, I don't know if that also applies to Ultra-Violet. (Have no idea what the European parameters on those things are.)

And (to SFMike)...yes, the studios' home video departments do hate us and are one of the most anti-consumer outfits out there. But they love your money...as long as they can give you less for more.

Reply 3D Content

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page