Ratatouille 3D - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

post #1 of 43 Old 05-27-2014, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I see where Disney's Ratatouille 3D is up for pre-order on Amazon UK http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ratatouille-Blu-ray-3D-Region-Free/dp/B00KFDR1GS/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1401208949&sr=1-1 I read where The Incredibles 3D is also in the works.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 Old 05-27-2014, 10:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by terry2 View Post

I read where The Incredibles 3D is also in the works.

It is indeed. Although in that case, there might be a theatrical re-release first.
post #3 of 43 Old 07-25-2014, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Just received my 3D Blu-ray of Ratatouille from Amazon UK. Looking foward to seeing what kind of conversion was done BUT while it is listed as Region Free on the Amazon UK site what I received is Region B, which of course won't play in my Sony 6200 USA player. I contacted Amazon UK and they are looking into if I was just sent the wrong disc or if they are all in fact Region B locked. May be a day or two before I get the answer.

Update: This is Region B locked (thank you Disney). Amazon has removed the "Region Free" from their listing.

Last edited by terry2; 07-31-2014 at 07:58 AM.
post #4 of 43 Old 07-25-2014, 12:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 839 Post(s)
Liked: 1037
Quote:
Originally Posted by terry2 View Post
Just received my 3D Blu-ray of Ratatouille from Amazon UK. Looking foward to seeing what kind of conversion was done BUT while it is listed as Region Free on the Amazon UK site what I received is Region B, which of course won't play in my Sony 6200 USA player. I contacted Amazon UK and they are looking into if I was just sent the wrong disc or if they are all in fact Region B locked. May be a day or two before I get the answer.
Thanks for the heads up!

User interface engineers: Always try to think in terms of putting in "un-do"s and not confirmation dialogs on every single question! Good grief! We're STILL doing this junior level newbie nonsense in 2015?????
post #5 of 43 Old 07-28-2014, 08:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Blu-ray.com has it reported as Region B locked, it looks like they got it wrong on Amazon.
post #6 of 43 Old 07-28-2014, 08:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
Blu-ray.com has it reported as Region B locked, it looks like they got it wrong on Amazon.
Do "multi region blu ray players" work? Or are they blu ray players that are allowed to change regions a limited number of times?

User interface engineers: Always try to think in terms of putting in "un-do"s and not confirmation dialogs on every single question! Good grief! We're STILL doing this junior level newbie nonsense in 2015?????
post #7 of 43 Old 07-29-2014, 12:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 59
If you have a region free player it will work. I think you're thinking of ide/sata optical drives, for a limited number of changes to the region coding.

The other thing you have to watch out for on these region B discs is the 25p 2D content that might not work in your player. I haven't had a problem with it but some have. The 3D content will play, but it's usually the 2D specials that won't, that is, if it's not region locked and then the disc won't even load, unless you have a region free player.
tgm1024 likes this.

This line intentionally left blank.
post #8 of 43 Old 08-02-2014, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 14
are there any plans to release these in the US?
post #9 of 43 Old 08-07-2014, 12:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by terry2 View Post

Update: This is Region B locked (thank you Disney). Amazon has removed the "Region Free" from their listing.
Isn't this big f'ing news? I thought ALL Disney Blu-rays were region free up until this one. Looks like Disney has not only changed their stance on region encoding but has gone to a really WEIRD policy. I mean stop producing 3D in the US AND start blocking intn'l releases at the same time?
old corps likes this.
post #10 of 43 Old 08-07-2014, 01:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by oleus View Post

Doesn't seem like it. At least one can still get NOAH 3D as a region-free disc.
post #11 of 43 Old 08-07-2014, 01:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinema13 View Post
darn. i sold both of these blu-rays when it seems like this wasn't going to be region locked titles. disney's current US 3d strategy is disappointing.
old corps likes this.
post #12 of 43 Old 08-07-2014, 02:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinema13 View Post
Quote:
darn. i sold both of these blu-rays when it seems like this wasn't going to be region locked titles. disney's current US 3d strategy is disappointing.
Keep in mind that the North and South American's Region A (AKA "region 1") is also Hong Kong's region, and apparently the Chinese just love 3D. Noah, for instance, can be purchased as a Region A from HK.

post #13 of 43 Old 08-08-2014, 11:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Is the 3d version worth the import?
post #14 of 43 Old 08-08-2014, 12:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckademic View Post
Is the 3d version worth the import?

Please keep in mind that this is ONLY my opinion but if Noah had been released in 3D here I probably would have purchased it. Just rented it in BR from Netflix and SO GLAD I didn't pay big $$$ to buy it. Was looking forward to it but it was incredibly LOUSY and just plain DUMB. One of the worst movies I've ever wasted my time viewing! I think somebody was smoking funny cigarettes when they made this.
If someone out there actually liked it I'm happy for you. To each his own. JMHO

Ed

Last edited by old corps; 08-08-2014 at 07:27 PM.
post #15 of 43 Old 08-08-2014, 02:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by old corps View Post

Please get in mind that this is ONLY my opinion but if Noah had been released in 3D here I probably would have purchased it. Just rented it in BR from Netflix and SO GLAD I didn't pay big $$$ to buy it. Was looking forward to it but it was incredibly LOUSY and just plain DUMB. One of the worst movies I've ever wasted my time viewing! I think somebody was smoking funny cigarettes when they made this.
If someone out there actually liked it I'm happy for you. To each his own. JMHO

Ed
Hmmm... Well i know there are many mixed reviews on this, but a lot of them, from what I read, seem to be about Noah not sticking to the true Biblical story and others say that it did, but visioned differently. I even read that Noah turned felt like a thriller at times??? I don't know, but i'll give it a rent to be safe from redbox. Thanks for the input
post #16 of 43 Old 08-08-2014, 04:13 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolhand View Post
Isn't this big f'ing news? I thought ALL Disney Blu-rays were region free up until this one. Looks like Disney has not only changed their stance on region encoding but has gone to a really WEIRD policy. I mean stop producing 3D in the US AND start blocking intn'l releases at the same time?
They REALLY seem to have it out for those of us who want bluray 3D here in the US. We are being punished for being a niche group of consumers who aren't putting enough gold into the Disney coffers. I'm really tired of their 3D games. Some say its because they want us to stream 3D media, but hey, not all of us want to. Disney used to be about great customer service but now they don't seem to care about anything but their sacred corporate profits.
post #17 of 43 Old 08-08-2014, 05:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFMike View Post
They REALLY seem to have it out for those of us who want bluray 3D here in the US. We are being punished for being a niche group of consumers who aren't putting enough gold into the Disney coffers. I'm really tired of their 3D games. Some say its because they want us to stream 3D media, but hey, not all of us want to. Disney used to be about great customer service but now they don't seem to care about anything but their sacred corporate profits.

But if they continue to release 3d movies in theaters then people obviously continue to purchase tickets for the 3d version, so why would they think that we don't want to enjoy 3d at home? Even retailers are doing away with 3d sales since I'm beginning to have to purchase online if I want 3d.
old corps likes this.
post #18 of 43 Old 08-09-2014, 12:35 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Lightbulb

A theatrical 3d re-release is still possible for the incredibles & Ratatouille.... that would help explain the region lock.

The possibility for it was brought up back in march & again yesterday ..... http://gigjets.com/08/17776-ratatouille-3d-2/
post #19 of 43 Old 08-27-2014, 08:21 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I am so confused by Rataouille 3D

I found a copy of Ratatouille 3D imported claiming the 3D disc was region free but not the others. I foudn that suspicious so I did a google search and all I found were stories from March 2014 saying they were planning a Theatrical release but did not know when.. No follow up stories. I learned today that Ratatouille 3D was released to US theatres on June 9. Not Canadian theatres. They usually release in both countries at the same time.

And if Disney wants to make money whey don't they release the 3D bluray in North America.

I've been trying to figure this out for a couple of weeks.

So some of you have actually watched the 3D version at home?

Thank you
post #20 of 43 Old 08-27-2014, 12:24 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
From this forum and some more research I at least know that it exists in the UK.

It was released theatrically, but only in the U.S. on June 9. ??????

I may end up calling Disney and Pixar in an attempt to get some answers. Or perhaps won't

These forums have more up to date news than all the movie websites I visited

Thank you
post #21 of 43 Old 08-27-2014, 06:09 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 1136 Post(s)
Liked: 870
I guess I might end up ordering the Ratatouille 3D BD from the UK then if it isn't too expensive. I just won't be able to use any of my disc players to play it back. I'll need to use my media players.

53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3--32TB unRAID1a
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #22 of 43 Old 08-27-2014, 06:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Canada - West Island: Vancouver, South Direction: Go East
Quoted: 2821 Post(s)
Liked: 931
Disney again... The 3D version was made available last month from France and the UK.

For North America; I've read somewhere, December coming.

* This seems to be the new routine from Disney studios.
...Best is to go global, just like Disney do; without supplying the North American market.
post #23 of 43 Old 08-28-2014, 07:32 AM
AVS Special Member

^^^It's really making the case for a region-free BDP.

post #24 of 43 Old 08-29-2014, 01:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: Canada - West Island: Vancouver, South Direction: Go East
Quoted: 2821 Post(s)
Liked: 931
It would be so awesome for everyone in the whole world (all the kids and adults) to see 'Ratatouille' on Blu & in 3D.
post #25 of 43 Old 09-06-2014, 03:05 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 306 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthSky View Post
It would be so awesome for everyone in the whole world (all the kids and adults) to see 'Ratatouille' on Blu & in 3D.
Indeed I just scanned it and what a glorious presentation it is.
post #26 of 43 Old 09-27-2014, 01:19 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 382 Post(s)
Liked: 178
Just received this in the mail today ( Region B)
post #27 of 43 Old 09-27-2014, 01:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Landis View Post
Just received this in the mail today ( Region B)
Interesting: the amazon-canada version is region free for the 3D, but region-B for the blu-ray 2D.

post #28 of 43 Old 09-28-2014, 09:18 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 382 Post(s)
Liked: 178
I was eager to test my new all region BD player with it and it worked perfectly. Got too many new 3D movies in yesterday so I only did the experiment to see if the player worked in Region B. I'll watch Ratatouille 3D later today.

The title is Region B for both disks in the package. How can they sell a 2 disk title set that has two disks that are not the same regions? Are you sure your box contains different regions?
post #29 of 43 Old 09-28-2014, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Landis View Post
I was eager to test my new all region BD player with it and it worked perfectly. Got too many new 3D movies in yesterday so I only did the experiment to see if the player worked in Region B. I'll watch Ratatouille 3D later today.

The title is Region B for both disks in the package. How can they sell a 2 disk title set that has two disks that are not the same regions? Are you sure your box contains different regions?
I'm looking desperately for where I read that----I haven't found it yet...not giving up. I HATE HATE HATE losing places where I got information (especially if it turns out to be bogus). But the claim I read wasn't that they're different regions. It was that one was B and the other simply wasn't locked.

post #30 of 43 Old 09-28-2014, 10:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post
I'm looking desperately for where I read that----I haven't found it yet...not giving up. I HATE HATE HATE losing places where I got information (especially if it turns out to be bogus). But the claim I read wasn't that they're different regions. It was that one was B and the other simply wasn't locked.
It wasn't a normal North American (Region 1/A) release, it's a selling of the region B version, only it appeared on the Canadian Amazon.

Found it right on the product page. Took a while because I was looking through the reviews.

Quote:
Product Description Please note the Blu-ray 3D disc is Region Free but the standard Blu-ray disc is Region B locked.
MODERATORS: This is an example of me supplying a link to a product on amazon.ca, but not for purchase. It is only to verify an encoding. Please PM me if this is an issue and I'll remove it, but frankly in that case I'm not sure how to reference it.

Reply 3D Content