6Likes

Old 08-21-2014, 08:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Landis View Post
On the Vizio- I had Wealth 3D app but they went dark now too. I watched a couple titles when it was free. Vizio claimed I should have the 3D Go app but it was never available to my Vizio. I heard from those who had it, it was crap content anyway.
Not sure why anyone would say the 3DGO has poor content when it seems to be one of the few places you can watch films like Need for Speed and Frozen in 3D when they are first released. 3DGO won't be in Canada until later this year on LG 3DTVs so I haven't had a chance to try it yet. Hopefully the app works better on Panasonic and LG than it apparently does on Vizio (where 1/2 of Vizio's 3DTVs don't seem to be supported).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2014, 07:31 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked: 156
johnny-
You are correct! I just had a look at their web site and they have begun to offer a better movie selection now. But it still seems to be a very limited app availability. In fact, they now have reduced their claims on where you can get the service. Originally, my Vizio was listed as available but it never was. I was told I needed to update my firmware and it would show up. It never did. I put 3DGO in that category of over promise and under deliver. I gave up on them.

These small services are making one grave mistake. They will never be a success ( profitable) unless they concentrate on getting their apps working on every 3D device that uses apps, 3DTV, 3D BD Players, and Streaming content boxes like AppleTv, Roku, WDTV and similar. The 3D movie market is way too small to limit the market even more with poor compatibility and restrictive licensing. I can understand the strategic rollout of media to maximize profits, but limiting the players ability to play your rental content makes no sense to me. Apps like 3DGO is not a premium enough service to make consumers go out and buy another TV just for that.
old corps and Hagenstein like this.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:40 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckademic View Post
http://www.kimchidvd.com/en/good/goods.jsp?good_seq=20302

Includes 2d as well.

To those that matter, the UK release includes a 5.1 DTS MA whereas, the one from China includes a 7.1
Not sure about other imports
7.1 in English? As opposed to 7.1 Chinese and 5.1 English etc.
Old 08-31-2014, 01:59 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked: 156
I was surprised my Chinese NOAH 3D from Hong Kong retailer was 7.1 English.
Old 08-31-2014, 02:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagenstein View Post
7.1 in English? As opposed to 7.1 Chinese and 5.1 English etc.
yes, in english
Old 08-31-2014, 09:04 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckademic View Post
yes, in english
Awesome. Tx. I've been holding off on importing Frozen 3D BD in hopes of purchasing an Oct. rls here in the U.S. (keeping fingers X'd that that rls date holds true), but I will probably go ahead and import this one.

Not sure it'll be my cup of tea but I like to keep a wide variety of content type for guests, plus I am a sucker for watching content in 3D I wouldn't give the time of day in 2D. Doesn't make them better films by any stretch but for whatever reason I can enjoy the 3D despite. I disgust myself lol.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:48 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagenstein View Post
Awesome. Tx. I've been holding off on importing Frozen 3D BD in hopes of purchasing an Oct. rls here in the U.S. (keeping fingers X'd that that rls date holds true), but I will probably go ahead and import this one.

Not sure it'll be my cup of tea but I like to keep a wide variety of content type for guests, plus I am a sucker for watching content in 3D I wouldn't give the time of day in 2D. Doesn't make them better films by any stretch but for whatever reason I can enjoy the 3D despite. I disgust myself lol.
I'm the same way, but with sound. I can sit through a dumb movie that has an engaging soundtrack, just to hear all the different sound effects. We're all suckers for something in this hobby
old corps likes this.