America's National Parks 3D Series - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-06-2015, 06:43 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 73
America's National Parks 3D Series

I'm posting these to Youtube before I delete them off my DVR. I don't know if they'll get blocked or not for copyright. These originally aired on 3Net in 2011. I don't believe they've ever gone to 3D BD or are available right now anywhere else. I hate for them to be lost forever and would like to preserve them for 3D fans. 3Net was an all 3D broadcast provider that launched in 2011-Aug 2014. Unfortunately I didn't have anything else saved on my DVR when they went off the air, they gave no warning before they pulled the plug.

These were broadcast in 1080i60 SbS, the actual 2D resolution is 1920x540 (two 960x540 images) and are deinterlaced now to 30p. I had to compress them a bit before I uploaded to Youtube. My source files are about 6.5G each, much too large for my internet.

Audio is in Dolby Digital 5.1 384 kbps, I believe Chrome and Firefox can play 5.1, not sure what others. I haven't tested.

Episode 1: Yellowstone National Park

Episdoe 2: Yosemite National Park

Episode 3: Arches National Park

Episode 4: Death Valley National Park

Episode 5 Hawaii National Park

This line intentionally left blank.

Last edited by tomtastic; 03-20-2015 at 05:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2015, 10:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Thank you very much for the effort! tomtastic.

however i have no idea how i could play these 3D movies on a projector. or should i connect my pc to projector then load it?

is it maybe not a better idea to host the files somwhere so we can download them directly and play them then in VLC player?
Old 03-07-2015, 08:38 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 544 Post(s)
Liked: 198
d3- A good low cost way is to buy a WDTV media player with a good broadband internet connection. The WDTV supports both VUDU and YouTube 3D content. But with YouTube, you have to put your projector in SBS mode manually. This little box can probably cost you about $79 or so. Check the latest prices on Amazon.com.

You may bulk at spending another $79 for a player, but there is a ton of 3D content on YouTube, some good and a lot bad but so much it will keep you busy surfing 3D for a long time.

It does not support Netflix 3D however. My only 3D support for Netflix 3D is either my Play Station 3 or my Sony BD6200 BD player.

You do not need to connect a PC to your projector although that is an option. I don't even have a PC in my Home theater room. If I do need a PC in the HT, I hook up a display port to HDMI adapter to my AVR HDMI input and go from there.

Hope these options give you plenty of choices to add more 3D viewing.
Old 03-09-2015, 05:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Landis View Post
d3- A good low cost way is to buy a WDTV media player with a good broadband internet connection. The WDTV supports both VUDU and YouTube 3D content. But with YouTube, you have to put your projector in SBS mode manually. This little box can probably cost you about $79 or so. Check the latest prices on Amazon.com.

You may bulk at spending another $79 for a player, but there is a ton of 3D content on YouTube, some good and a lot bad but so much it will keep you busy surfing 3D for a long time.

It does not support Netflix 3D however. My only 3D support for Netflix 3D is either my Play Station 3 or my Sony BD6200 BD player.

You do not need to connect a PC to your projector although that is an option. I don't even have a PC in my Home theater room. If I do need a PC in the HT, I hook up a display port to HDMI adapter to my AVR HDMI input and go from there.

Hope these options give you plenty of choices to add more 3D viewing.
hi Don,

thanks for the answer,

i think it is already possible to do on my samsung bd player. i just never use those features. i am going to check it out later this week, because i think i can watch netflix with the player and it has wifi build in if i am not mistaken.
Old 03-09-2015, 08:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 38
The problem with 3Net and Youtube 3d videos is the low resolution you get in 3D. I could never stand watching 3Net for very long for that reason and Youtube is equally disappointing...

Robert Clark
Old 03-09-2015, 11:35 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 73
I never had a problem with resolution since it's the same that my passive display used, but it was the same low bit rate that all Directv channels use. They really don't need to worry about 4k, just stop compressing the content so much, it would look so much better.
old corps likes this.

This line intentionally left blank.

Gear in this thread