What happened to Doctor Strange 3D on BD? - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 12Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31 of 56 Old 04-22-2017, 10:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tomtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 2,228
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 866 Post(s)
Liked: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by dew42 View Post
I received Doctor Strange 3D and Rogue One 3D Blu-ray from amazon.co.uk.

Both show region A,B,C (i.e. region free) on the back cover. Both play fine on a North American player.

I got to watch Rogue One on a LG OLED 65 E6 panel. The 3D was impressive. I'm baffled by the negative reviews.
Me too. I think for a post conversion the 3D is in the range of average to better than average and I'm sure I'll always watch it in 3D from now on.

This line intentionally left blank.
tomtastic is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 56 Old 04-23-2017, 09:48 AM
Member
 
Dreambo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Los Altos, CA
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Dr Strange and 3D

I believe they are all returns,,,due to the distracting floating window on the left hand side and the very POOR conversion of this title...It is, in my opinion, the WORST example of 3D technology.

I have sources that say, that LG has received so many complaints about the 3D viewing with Dr. Strange, from their TV lineup using 3D, that LG made their decision to eliminate 3D for their 2018 models....
Dreambo is offline  
post #33 of 56 Old 04-23-2017, 08:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tomtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 2,228
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 866 Post(s)
Liked: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreambo View Post
I have sources that say, that LG has received so many complaints about the 3D viewing with Dr. Strange, from their TV lineup using 3D, that LG made their decision to eliminate 3D for their 2018 models....
Ahh, funny. Maybe the 2018 3D models will have a built in converter that can rival the post conversions.

This line intentionally left blank.
tomtastic is offline  
 
post #34 of 56 Old 04-24-2017, 11:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Postmoderndesign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,703
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 328 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
Ahh, funny. Maybe the 2018 3D models will have a built in converter that can rival the post conversions.
I am confident that manufacturers have dropped 3D because they were not making a profit and because there were to many problems with cross talk and ghosting. Part of the problem might have been in authoring 3D discs. Buyers seem to have become wary of 3D.

I am very enthusiastic about 3D on my LG OLED 65e6p. It is leaps and bounds beyond anaglyph 3D and all the 3D I saw in movie theaters. I took a pause before the active 3D shutter period. I may have won the panel lottery and have an unusually good TV. I may have not yet seen some bad 3D discs. I may not have had the TV long enough to make a critical judgement. But at this point I will say 3D matured with the 65e6p.

But the return of 3D TVs to the market is far from assured IMHO.

Anál nathrach, orth’ bháis’s bethad, do chél dénmha

Last edited by Postmoderndesign; 04-24-2017 at 12:07 PM.
Postmoderndesign is offline  
post #35 of 56 Old 04-24-2017, 11:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
NorthJersey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 3,229
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 365 Post(s)
Liked: 160
as some have predicted, I don't see 3D returning to home TV's until glass-less 3D is available, whether that's with HDMI 2.1 and/or 8K tv's, idk

and I guess the comment about LG dropping 3D because of Dr Strange is funny. They dropped 3D for this year's line, so on 2017 TV sets will support 3D. Manufacturers simply don't believe the cost in the TV's are worth it since it doesn't appear the majority of users watch 3D.
I know in my house, my wife and two daughters refuse to watch 3D as they get headaches. They wear regular glasses, and putting the glasses (active or passive) over them, causes this. I have passive 3D with the LG 2016 UH8500 set in my living room, and that was precedeed by the Samsung 3D TV with active glasses (that is now in the bed room)

if/when glass-less 3D becomes available, i'm sure there will be more interest, and it will be made available across the majority of TV's

Last edited by NorthJersey; 04-24-2017 at 11:38 AM.
NorthJersey is offline  
post #36 of 56 Old 04-24-2017, 12:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tomtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 2,228
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 866 Post(s)
Liked: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthJersey View Post
and I guess the comment about LG dropping 3D because of Dr Strange is funny. They dropped 3D for this year's line, so on 2017 TV sets will support 3D. Manufacturers simply don't believe the cost in the TV's are worth it since it doesn't appear the majority of users watch 3D.
Well I assume the comment was a joke about dropping 3D due to reviews about Doctor Strange, since LG made the decision in early 2016 a year before Doctor Strange was released to Blu ray and they have discontinued 3D from 2017 models let alone 2018 models that are a year away. If there are so many claiming the conversions are so bad then I say just use a built in converter and let's see how everyone likes it then. I've never seen a converter that didn't make me cringe as the tech just isn't here yet.

But in reality, 3D in flat panels is over. Enjoy it right now while you can or move on if you don't. Glasses-free 3D is the answer for flat panels and casual 3D viewing.

This line intentionally left blank.
tomtastic is offline  
post #37 of 56 Old 04-24-2017, 12:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tezster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mississauga, Canada
Posts: 1,481
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 517 Post(s)
Liked: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreambo View Post
I believe they are all returns,,,due to the distracting floating window on the left hand side and the very POOR conversion of this title...It is, in my opinion, the WORST example of 3D technology.

I have sources that say, that LG has received so many complaints about the 3D viewing with Dr. Strange, from their TV lineup using 3D, that LG made their decision to eliminate 3D for their 2018 models....
While I felt the blu-ray 3D presentation of Dr. Strange was poor, it wasn't atrocious. There are a lot of worse conversions out there - Dr. Strange doesn't even fall in the bottom half.

More than likely, complaints of ghosting/cross-talk due misalignment of the fpr on LG sets contributed to the decision for them to discontinue 3D. My understanding is that the passive 3D technology that LG employed was actually quite inexpensive to implement. But the resulting complaints because of it (returns/complaints/warranty calls) was probably what drove LG execs to get rid of it - I'm sure they thought it wasn't worth the trouble, just to satisfy the handful of 3D enthusiasts out there.
tezster is offline  
post #38 of 56 Old 04-24-2017, 12:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Postmoderndesign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,703
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 328 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthJersey View Post
as some have predicted, I don't see 3D returning to home TV's until glass-less 3D is available, whether that's with HDMI 2.1 and/or 8K tv's, idk

and I guess the comment about LG dropping 3D because of Dr Strange is funny. They dropped 3D for this year's line, so on 2017 TV sets will support 3D. Manufacturers simply don't believe the cost in the TV's are worth it since it doesn't appear the majority of users watch 3D.
I know in my house, my wife and two daughters refuse to watch 3D as they get headaches. They wear regular glasses, and putting the glasses (active or passive) over them, causes this. I have passive 3D with the LG 2016 UH8500 set in my living room, and that was precedeed by the Samsung 3D TV with active glasses (that is now in the bed room)

if/when glass-less 3D becomes available, i'm sure there will be more interest, and it will be made available across the majority of TV's
I think you have a typo when you wrote "on 2017" you meant NO 2017. The LG OLED 65e6p has never given me headaches with 3D and I always got a headache watching anaglyph on my plasma. And I simply put flip up clip on passive polarizers on my eye glasses. We might not need to wait for glass-less 3D which may be far off in the future.

Anál nathrach, orth’ bháis’s bethad, do chél dénmha
Postmoderndesign is offline  
post #39 of 56 Old 04-25-2017, 07:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
NorthJersey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 3,229
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 365 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by tezster View Post
While I felt the blu-ray 3D presentation of Dr. Strange was poor, it wasn't atrocious. There are a lot of worse conversions out there - Dr. Strange doesn't even fall in the bottom half.

More than likely, complaints of ghosting/cross-talk due misalignment of the fpr on LG sets contributed to the decision for them to discontinue 3D. My understanding is that the passive 3D technology that LG employed was actually quite inexpensive to implement. But the resulting complaints because of it (returns/complaints/warranty calls) was probably what drove LG execs to get rid of it - I'm sure they thought it wasn't worth the trouble, just to satisfy the handful of 3D enthusiasts out there.
I have watched a LOT of 3D movies on my LG 55UH8500. Dr Strange was by far the worst, but the majority of the 3D I have watched on the TV have been very good (nothing beats SW:The Force Awakens; Gravity and Dredd are also great in 3D). So I wouldn't place the blame on LG as much as the poor media release of this title

the reviews on the LG 2016 sets show good reviews on the 3D of the set

no need to introduce conspiracy theories about 3D, it's simply LG following the industry trend of removing 3D from their sets, since every other TV manufacturer dropped 3D going forward, as they feel 3D is dead in the home. they are full into 4K with HDR

hell, even the 4k/UHD media spec doesn't even support 3D, and unlike the original blu-ray spec which had 3D added afterwards, 3D is not expected to be added to UHD media spec

so instead of 3D we get 4k, 4k w/HDR10, 4k w/HDR10+, 4k w/Dolby Vision, 4k w/ Technicolor, etc

Last edited by NorthJersey; 04-25-2017 at 07:34 AM.
NorthJersey is offline  
post #40 of 56 Old 04-25-2017, 03:57 PM
Member
 
dhvsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 149
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthJersey View Post
I know in my house, my wife and two daughters refuse to watch 3D as they get headaches. They wear regular glasses, and putting the glasses (active or passive) over them, causes this. I have passive 3D with the LG 2016 UH8500 set in my living room, and that was precedeed by the Samsung 3D TV with active glasses (that is now in the bed room)
I always hate hearing about vision difficulties with 3D and regular glasses. If your wife's and daughters' vision is pretty stable, you can investigate prescription 3D glasses. There is an old thread about it here. Prescription 3D glasses

Fortunately, my vision is good enough without glasses (although my eye doctor says I should get some) that the 3D glasses don't give me headaches and I don't NEED correction.

The only time I have issues with 3D glasses is an overnight gaming marathon in 3D

Nothing in this posting/signature really means anything in the long run.
dhvsfan is offline  
post #41 of 56 Old 05-03-2017, 08:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Aetherhole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Tustin, CA
Posts: 1,609
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked: 461
I know that my experience is just that... my own, but I wear prescription glasses and I have no problem wearing 3D glasses over them. I've even done three 3D movies back-to-back without any eye fatigue or headaches.

As for 3D on Doctor Strange, it's so surprising to hear such divided opinions on this film. The floating borders cause controversy on this film, but I've noticed them on a lot of other films more than on this film. I really liked the 3D on this film and thought it was a very good showcase for 3D, adding immersion and experience to the film.

I even experienced the movie on my LG OLED, which I guess I should have returned because of this movie...

To each his own, I guess!
freakyguy666 and EVERRET like this.

LG OLED65C6P ISF Calibrated by David Abrams @ Avical
Marantz AV8801 / D-Sonic M2500 / Oppo UDP-203
GR Research LS-9 / GR Research X-Voce / GR Research AV-1RS / Oppo PM-1
Aetherhole is offline  
post #42 of 56 Old 05-03-2017, 09:32 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Actionable Mango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 321
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by dew42 View Post
I got to watch Rogue One on a LG OLED 65 E6 panel. The 3D was impressive. I'm baffled by the negative reviews.
Just speaking for myself it was not "bad", but it was "disappointing" because it felt flat through most of the film. It almost didn't feel 3D until Scarif, where it finally popped and I really enjoyed it then. It also felt flat compared to TFA, so maybe it was a matter of expectations that were too high because everyone holds TFA in such high regard.

Despite all my drama getting the Dr Strange 3D disc, I haven't even watched it yet. Life intrudes.
Actionable Mango is offline  
post #43 of 56 Old 05-03-2017, 06:45 PM
Senior Member
 
dew42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Saskatoon, Canada
Posts: 344
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Actionable Mango View Post
Just speaking for myself it was not "bad", but it was "disappointing" because it felt flat through most of the film. It almost didn't feel 3D until Scarif, where it finally popped and I really enjoyed it then. It also felt flat compared to TFA, so maybe it was a matter of expectations that were too high because everyone holds TFA in such high regard.

Despite all my drama getting the Dr Strange 3D disc, I haven't even watched it yet. Life intrudes.
I watched parts of Rogue One on my Panasonic plasma and it felt flat - not at all like watching it on the OLED. So I went out and bought an LG OLED E6 and wow what a difference. I actually had to dial back the 3D separation on the player.

That first scene where the shuttle flies past the ring around the planet and then along the beach - totally flat on the plasma but the 3D was definitely visible on the OLED. The whole movie looked good for 3D.

I went from a 55" to a 65". I think 3D passive on a 4K screen plus the brighter OLED panel also help 3D. Definitely a more detailed image.

I haven't tried out Doctor Strange yet either.
dew42 is offline  
post #44 of 56 Old 05-04-2017, 03:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Aetherhole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Tustin, CA
Posts: 1,609
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by dew42 View Post
I watched parts of Rogue One on my Panasonic plasma and it felt flat - not at all like watching it on the OLED. So I went out and bought an LG OLED E6 and wow what a difference. I actually had to dial back the 3D separation on the player.

That first scene where the shuttle flies past the ring around the planet and then along the beach - totally flat on the plasma but the 3D was definitely visible on the OLED. The whole movie looked good for 3D.

I went from a 55" to a 65". I think 3D passive on a 4K screen plus the brighter OLED panel also help 3D. Definitely a more detailed image.

I haven't tried out Doctor Strange yet either.
Oh man... you make your upgrade from your Panny to the OLED seem like it was nothing. "Meh, it didn't look good, so I went and bought another TV."

Seriously, I've been saying it for a long while now, 3D on the LG OLEDs is a sight to behold. Far better experience than my many, many 3D viewings in various theaters, including IMAX 3D. Far better than my 3D experiences in a home environment, as well.

LG OLED65C6P ISF Calibrated by David Abrams @ Avical
Marantz AV8801 / D-Sonic M2500 / Oppo UDP-203
GR Research LS-9 / GR Research X-Voce / GR Research AV-1RS / Oppo PM-1
Aetherhole is offline  
post #45 of 56 Old 05-18-2017, 08:13 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: St. Louis MO the gateway to the West
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aetherhole View Post
Oh man... you make your upgrade from your Panny to the OLED seem like it was nothing. "Meh, it didn't look good, so I went and bought another TV."

Seriously, I've been saying it for a long while now, 3D on the LG OLEDs is a sight to behold. Far better experience than my many, many 3D viewings in various theaters, including IMAX 3D. Far better than my 3D experiences in a home environment, as well.

I'm a little late to the party since I just recently got my 65" LG e6, but I can say that you are 100% correct.

I bought my 3rd 3d movie from BB and it was the Doctor Strange disc. It is fantastic.

I never thought of 3d as anything other than a gimmick, but now know that on this set it's pretty cool.

My first 3d disc was the combination one Avatar and Titanic.. Avatar is incredible and I haven't watched Titanic yet..

Oh BTW.. Both the wife and myself wear prescription glasses and there's been no headaches or eye fatigue with the glasses that came with the display.

This display is is without a doubt the best set I have ever seen or owned and 3d on it is not a joke or gimmick.

Mac
Aetherhole likes this.
St.Louis Mac is offline  
post #46 of 56 Old 05-18-2017, 01:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Aetherhole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Tustin, CA
Posts: 1,609
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Louis Mac View Post
I'm a little late to the party since I just recently got my 65" LG e6, but I can say that you are 100% correct.

I bought my 3rd 3d movie from BB and it was the Doctor Strange disc. It is fantastic.

I never thought of 3d as anything other than a gimmick, but now know that on this set it's pretty cool.

My first 3d disc was the combination one Avatar and Titanic.. Avatar is incredible and I haven't watched Titanic yet..

Oh BTW.. Both the wife and myself wear prescription glasses and there's been no headaches or eye fatigue with the glasses that came with the display.

This display is is without a doubt the best set I have ever seen or owned and 3d on it is not a joke or gimmick.

Mac
I, too, wear prescription glasses and have never had a problem with the glasses that came with the TV. I also ended up buying two pairs of Sony passive glasses:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-pas...FY-PswodAdIKlA

I feel like these fit better over the LG ones. They are a nice price, too (they were a dollar more each when I bought them)!

LG OLED65C6P ISF Calibrated by David Abrams @ Avical
Marantz AV8801 / D-Sonic M2500 / Oppo UDP-203
GR Research LS-9 / GR Research X-Voce / GR Research AV-1RS / Oppo PM-1
Aetherhole is offline  
post #47 of 56 Old 05-19-2017, 09:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Postmoderndesign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,703
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 328 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aetherhole View Post
I, too, wear prescription glasses and have never had a problem with the glasses that came with the TV. I also ended up buying two pairs of Sony passive glasses:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-pas...FY-PswodAdIKlA

I feel like these fit better over the LG ones. They are a nice price, too (they were a dollar more each when I bought them)!
Try these clip ons: LG CINEMA Clip-On (Pack of 2) Compatible Passive 3D Glasses by Ultimate 3D Heaven: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Aetherhole likes this.

Anál nathrach, orth’ bháis’s bethad, do chél dénmha
Postmoderndesign is offline  
post #48 of 56 Old 07-13-2017, 02:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
DenisG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 1,070
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 34
I noticed Disney Movie Club still has Doctor Strange 3D listed for sale.
DenisG is offline  
post #49 of 56 Old 07-21-2017, 03:21 AM
Member
 
ki11abee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Los Angeles CA
Posts: 199
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Man, no one has this, but the damn ebay scalpers!!!

Samsung 3D UN65H7150 UH02;MediaLight Quad Bias Light;Yamaha RX-A2070BL 5.2.4 Atmos/DTSX
Def Tech Promonitor 1000 Def Tech Procenter 2000
Def Tech Promonitor 800 ceilings and surrounds;AC Infinity Aircom T8 Cooling System.
ProSub 800-Klipsch KSW150 Sub;Monster HTS 2600MKII Power Conditioner
Oppo UDP-103 Bluray-Apple TV 4th Gen;Harmony One;PlayStation 4 gaming
ki11abee is offline  
post #50 of 56 Old 07-22-2017, 11:34 AM
Advanced Member
 
sparky7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: reno,nv.
Posts: 544
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ki11abee View Post
Man, no one has this, but the damn ebay scalpers!!!


Amazon UK $24.06 shipped region free.
Actionable Mango likes this.
sparky7 is offline  
post #51 of 56 Old 07-22-2017, 06:21 PM
Member
 
ki11abee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Los Angeles CA
Posts: 199
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky7 View Post
Amazon UK $24.06 shipped region free.
Awesome!! Just ordered this and Star Wars rogue one in 3D since here they were so overpriced!!

Samsung 3D UN65H7150 UH02;MediaLight Quad Bias Light;Yamaha RX-A2070BL 5.2.4 Atmos/DTSX
Def Tech Promonitor 1000 Def Tech Procenter 2000
Def Tech Promonitor 800 ceilings and surrounds;AC Infinity Aircom T8 Cooling System.
ProSub 800-Klipsch KSW150 Sub;Monster HTS 2600MKII Power Conditioner
Oppo UDP-103 Bluray-Apple TV 4th Gen;Harmony One;PlayStation 4 gaming
ki11abee is offline  
post #52 of 56 Old 07-25-2017, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Actionable Mango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 321
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by ki11abee View Post
Man, no one has this, but the damn ebay scalpers!!!
I don't understand why this particular title keeps going in and out of stock from all the major US retailers.
Actionable Mango is offline  
post #53 of 56 Old 07-26-2017, 01:11 AM
Member
 
ki11abee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Los Angeles CA
Posts: 199
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Actionable Mango View Post
I don't understand why this particular title keeps going in and out of stock from all the major US retailers.
Do what we did and order from amazon U.K.

Samsung 3D UN65H7150 UH02;MediaLight Quad Bias Light;Yamaha RX-A2070BL 5.2.4 Atmos/DTSX
Def Tech Promonitor 1000 Def Tech Procenter 2000
Def Tech Promonitor 800 ceilings and surrounds;AC Infinity Aircom T8 Cooling System.
ProSub 800-Klipsch KSW150 Sub;Monster HTS 2600MKII Power Conditioner
Oppo UDP-103 Bluray-Apple TV 4th Gen;Harmony One;PlayStation 4 gaming
ki11abee is offline  
post #54 of 56 Old 07-27-2017, 11:49 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Actionable Mango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 321
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by ki11abee View Post
Do what we did and order from amazon U.K.
Oh I have a copy already, I waited for it to come back into stock in the USA and bought one before it went out of stock again.

I'm just saying that I'm curious why this particular title keeps going in and out of stock so much.
Actionable Mango is offline  
post #55 of 56 Old 07-31-2017, 09:22 AM
Member
 
MarshallFaulk28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 158
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 60
I think most of the newer 3D releases are being produced in such low quantities that they do not stay in stock for long. Doctor Strange was one of the ones I realized that you need to buy right when they are released if you really want them. Ghost in the Shell 3D just came out, and it has gone out of stock at the major retailers already with the exception of Amazon because they have raised the price to $48.99. I very briefly saw it available online at Target yesterday and ordered it. It's now gone already. I experienced the same thing with the Kong: Skull Island 3D/4K package at Best Buy. They actually sold out of pre-orders and wouldn't take anymore. For a very brief time on release day, it went in stock online. It was gone by the afternoon, and I think has not been back in stock since then. You would think they would have more supply for something that's retailer exclusive and popular, but evidently not.

I don't really like paying $30 for a new movie, but if you want it in 3D, I'd suggest buying early, or you might either miss out or have to pay more later. I'd still rather pay $30 if I have to though than see the 3D format disappear all together.
MarshallFaulk28 is offline  
post #56 of 56 Old 08-01-2017, 03:42 PM
Member
 
zworykin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ki11abee View Post
Awesome!! Just ordered this and Star Wars rogue one in 3D since here they were so overpriced!!
Yep. I've ordered these (and several other Disney 3D titles) from Amazon UK as well. I imagine many of us have.
zworykin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply 3D Content

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off