Terminator 2: Judgement Day Blu ray 3D - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 27 Old 07-21-2017, 05:12 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 849 Post(s)
Liked: 304
Terminator 2: Judgement Day Blu ray 3D

Release date is Oct 3rd!
Audio reported as DTS X/7.1

This line intentionally left blank.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 07-21-2017, 07:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 472 Post(s)
Liked: 161
According to this update of 7/18, t's only stated to be released in UK as of now.

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...-updated/39561
post #3 of 27 Old 07-21-2017, 08:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 362 Post(s)
Liked: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DBob View Post
According to this update of 7/18, t's only stated to be released in UK as of now.

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...-updated/39561
any [confirmed] word yet on whether the UK 3D release will be region free or not

Last edited by NorthJersey; 07-21-2017 at 11:38 AM.

post #4 of 27 Old 07-21-2017, 08:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

To be released on Amazon.uk at end of December. Note that 4K version will be sold separately. Cost around $25US.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Terminator-.../dp/B073XNQQFM

Says Region B/2
post #5 of 27 Old 07-21-2017, 11:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 362 Post(s)
Liked: 159
Quote:
To be released on Amazon.uk at end of December. Note that 4K version will be sold separately. Cost around $25US.

Says Region B/2
so it's not going to work in US players

it makes no sense that T2 is being re-released in theaters in 3D, yet being released only in UHD or 2D BD in the US (no 3D)
maybe there will be a surprise and we find out that Best Buy will have an exclusive UHD/3D bundle
post #6 of 27 Old 07-21-2017, 02:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:

Says Region B/2
Don't trust Amazon UK for region information. Oftentimes, their listings are wrong.

However, it will most likely be region B locked. The overseas distributor is Studio Canal and their
releases have a high probability of being locked. Because Lionsgate is the Region A studio it makes more likely that it will be region B locked - SIGH

Nothing in this posting/signature really means anything in the long run.
post #7 of 27 Old 07-21-2017, 06:08 PM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Zavvi says region free! Check out the Endo Arm.

Terminator 2: Remastered 3D (Includes 2D Version) Blu-ray

https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/termin.../11515064.html

Terminator 2: Endoarm (4K + Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + CD) Blu-ray

https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/termin.../11515067.html

Last edited by dew42; 07-21-2017 at 06:14 PM.
post #8 of 27 Old 08-09-2017, 12:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Liked: 208
Cameron is doing a Q&A tomorrow. Unfortunately, I won't be at a computer for it but hopefully someone here might want to ask him if he can get Lionsgate to release T2 3D in the U.S. (In between "Where is The Abyss? Or True Lies? or...")

Good news: JAMES CAMERON FACEBOOK LIVE Q&A
Hosted By: Terminator 2 Official Facebook Page - Terminator 2 (T2)
https://www.facebook.com/terminator2/
When: Thursday, August 10, 12:45pm ET | 9:45pm PT
Hashtag: Ask questions with #T2in3D
post #9 of 27 Old 08-09-2017, 01:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Liked: 170
While I would love to see a 3D US release of T2, I would be even more ecstatic if we got a UHD 2D version with either Dolby Atmos or DTS-X!

Cal68
post #10 of 27 Old 08-09-2017, 01:19 PM

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 52
From what I read, it is only the theatrical cut getting 3D and 4K, and it will not have Atmos or DTS-X.

Sharp LC-80LE844U | Marantz BD8002 | Marantz AV8003 | Marsh Sound Design A400s (FL/FR) | Marantz MM7055 (C/SL/SR) | Phase Tech PC 9.1 (FL/FR) | Phase Tech PC 3.1 (C/SL/SR) | 3 Phase Tech Octave Power-15 Subs | 1 REL R-528 Sub
post #11 of 27 Old 08-11-2017, 07:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:

Says Region B/2
If this is the case, what is the best way to watch this in the US? Blu-ray player connected to a PC or MAC? Or do I just buy a European Blu-ray player? I ordered Moana and Finding Dory from amazon uk, it does say B2. Can anyone confirm if those really are B2? I also pre-ordered Beauty and the Beast 3d from amazon uk. I was reading in another thread that one is probably region free. I just want to confirm this. If not, I would try a workaround to get it to work. Any help with this would be appreciated, I still want to be able to buy new 3D movies that are not being released now in the US like Beauty and the Beast. I assume that in Europe, 3D is still popular because it is still available in all their 2017 TV's still. SO at the very least we have one more year of 3D released overseas if that is the case. Thanks

Last edited by Supermans; 08-11-2017 at 08:01 AM.
post #12 of 27 Old 08-11-2017, 10:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
If this is the case, what is the best way to watch this in the US? Blu-ray player connected to a PC or MAC? Or do I just buy a European Blu-ray player? I ordered Moana and Finding Dory from amazon uk, it does say B2. Can anyone confirm if those really are B2? I also pre-ordered Beauty and the Beast 3d from amazon uk. I was reading in another thread that one is probably region free. I just want to confirm this.
What I have read on other threads, is that the UK version of Beauty and the Beast 3D is region free.
I got my copy of Beauty and the Beasty from the e-bay seller Rahul and I. Its an all-region copy from India but shipped from Texas.
It may be back in stock - you'll have to check.

Quote:
If not, I would try a workaround to get it to work. Any help with this would be appreciated, I still want to be able to buy new 3D movies that are not being released now in the US like Beauty and the Beast.
Do you have an Oppo ? There are vendors selling region-free mods for that player. There are other mods available for other players. Of course, there are vendors, such as http://www.220-electronics.com/ That sell region-free players i.e. pre-modded.

I have avoided the need for region-free players by importing only all region blu-rays. So far, the CFO hasn't approved spending on region-free player

Quote:
I assume that in Europe, 3D is still popular because it is still available in all their 2017 TV's still. SO at the very least we have one more year of 3D released overseas if that is the case. Thanks
It is NOT available in all their 2017 HDTV's. I only know of 1 Panasonic model and 1 Grundig model available. So they also have a supply problem.

Nothing in this posting/signature really means anything in the long run.
post #13 of 27 Old 08-14-2017, 10:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I watched the James Cameron special on T2 3D. He said if T2 3D sells well at the box office, then he's going to work on Aliens in 3D. If it doesn't do well, then he's not going to do anymore conversions. He also said he's going to work on getting True Lies and others to bluray. No True Lies 2, though. He's been hard at work on Avatar 1-4, which he said are now in stages where he doesn't have as much to do and can spend time on other projects. He thinks the 3D TV market using glasses was premature, and when glassless 3D TV comes about, it will grow very fast again.
post #14 of 27 Old 08-14-2017, 11:14 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I still have my doubts as to if glasses-free 3D will actually work on a big screen- it's OK on the Nintendo 3DS but that's a tiny screen. I'll believe it when I see it on a 75-inch or bigger screen. Also will they be able to sell them at a reasonable price, given that it seems many people weren't willing to pay whatever the premium is for 3D sets that do use glasses? I still don't get the big deal about glasses, it'll be nice if they can do it without them but it's no trouble at all to use them in the meantime. It was very foolish for LG to drop passive 3D after they'd gotten it nearly perfect.
post #15 of 27 Old 08-15-2017, 10:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 561 Post(s)
Liked: 299
It works on a big screen. Lets just say the Nintendo 3DS is ... Lame by comparison.

The 3ds only works with one user, and if you look at it wrong it's unwatchable.

But good glasses free 3d (like Ultra-D) works with multiple people, and there is no angle where the picture looks unwatchable (however, if you are too close, it is unwatchable. But at living room distances, it's fine). The only thing is it degrades to a 2d image outside of the sweet spot.

It is great for digital signage because you can read it far or closer (but not too close) and once you enter the sweet spot, you notice the depth.

Now whether it's optimistic to believe that glasses free 3d will be revolutionary is debatable. I think what will happen is it quietly appears and people will notice that the screen is showing depth. The cost is quite high and it's really suited for digital signage at the moment, and people will suddenly realize the sign they see has an extra dimension to the image.
post #16 of 27 Old 08-15-2017, 10:55 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 16
That's the thing- it has to be affordable to most consumers. The 3D technology can't degrade the quality of any 2D pictures displayed on it either.
post #17 of 27 Old 08-16-2017, 02:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 688 Post(s)
Liked: 280
Quote:
I watched the James Cameron special on T2 3D. He said if T2 3D sells well at the box office, then he's going to work on Aliens in 3D.

Given the popularity of these films it makes sense to do Aliens next, yet I'd be happier if a 3D conversion of The Abyss could speed up a disc release in a palatable quality.

"It is only about things that do not interest one that one can give a really unbiased opinion, which is no doubt the reason why an unbiased opinion is always absolutely valueless." Oscar Wilde
post #18 of 27 Old 08-16-2017, 12:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worf View Post

But good glasses free 3d (like Ultra-D) works with multiple people, and there is no angle where the picture looks unwatchable (however, if you are too close, it is unwatchable. But at living room distances, it's fine). The only thing is it degrades to a 2d image outside of the sweet spot.
Based on a UD demo I saw early last year, if that's what glasses-free 3D is going to be, I'll pass.
post #19 of 27 Old 08-16-2017, 01:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by film113 View Post
Based on a UD demo I saw early last year, if that's what glasses-free 3D is going to be, I'll pass.
Yup, I've seen demos and if you don't look from just the right spot, you get lots of crosstalk and eye fatigue. They have a long, long way to go...
post #20 of 27 Old 08-16-2017, 04:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yup, I've seen demos and if you don't look from just the right spot, you get lots of crosstalk and eye fatigue. They have a long, long way to go...
No good with pop-outs either
post #21 of 27 Old 08-28-2017, 10:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 684 Post(s)
Liked: 366
Saw the 3D version in theaters yesterday. Wasn't impressed, but there have been many times where I was unimpressed with a theatrical 3D film only to find it extremely impressive watching it at home. However, in this case, there were several instances where I noticed either some decent pop-out or depth, but there were exponentially more shots that seemed to be well set-up for 3D but didn't appear to take advantage of it at all. So, that kind of makes me think the 3D setup in the theater was actually pretty good, and it was just the movie itself that wasn't. Sadly and strangely, depth seemed to be the number one missed opportunity. There was only one time where I ever actually noticed any significant depth and that was the eye-pokey-full-house scene where there's a door opened in the background. The times where any 3D effect became most obvious were explosions and shots with either smoke or objects like broken glass flying around. The T1000 also got a lot of shape definition. But, there's really nothing more involving with the 3D experience. I never felt more drawn into the film as I typically do with other 3D films.

On the plus side, in terms of image quality, this is a stellar presentation. Picture quality seemed to be just about as good as I've seen this look. Color and resolution issues related to the 3D conversion were extremely minimal. Very, very rarely did I ever see any colors that looked off or jagged lines of resolution. Jurassic Park 3D, this is not. Though, sadly, as rough as Jurassic Park 3D looks, I at least feel like that 3D conversion brought something new and worthwhile to the viewing experience. There's a sense of immersion that JP3D offers that watching it in 2D does not. The T-Rex scene alone is worth the price of admission. Plus, for that one, I felt the same way watching it in theaters (and on IMAX 3D, which I normally despise) as I do watching it at home: it may look ugly, but the 3D viewing experience is definitely worth it.

As far as sound goes, the theater I was in did not have Atmos, so this probably was the same mix we've all heard on it before and there was nothing really worth mentioning there. I wasn't expecting all that much, but I was expecting a tad bit more bass. I watched the blu-ray recently at home and I find it to have a surprisingly good, balanced, and explosive mix. The theater I was in had an extremely capable system. During the trailers I was starting to wonder if there were bass shakers as the bass had a decent amount of tactile impact. Very clean sounding too--none of that typical subwoofer bloat that you typically hear in theaters with the bass cranked up. However, during the movie, bass was almost non-existent. Could've just been that the theater or the area in which I was seated had a null where bass in the mix is most prominent (I'm guessing that's around 30-35hz.)
post #22 of 27 Old 08-30-2017, 12:24 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Quoted: 3693 Post(s)
Liked: 3821
Our local theater had an excellent presentation of Terminator 2 3D and 100% looking forward to seeing the 3D BD upon release next month.

post #23 of 27 Old 09-03-2017, 12:27 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Was this like a one day only thing or something? I honestly forgot about it (not exactly any local advertising making it known) and now I'm looking and there are ZERO theater showings in a 50 mile radius of here. Big ballyhoo about nothing, I guess. It seems James Cameron and T2 mean nothing anymore. They're showing movies from 6 months ago at the dollar theater, but not one theater carrying this a week later? Geeze....

I guess if I want to see it in 3D, I'll have to order it from Europe in October since they have no plans to sell the 3D version in the USA at all.
post #24 of 27 Old 09-03-2017, 08:26 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 849 Post(s)
Liked: 304
I believe it's AMC theaters only.

This line intentionally left blank.
post #25 of 27 Old 09-03-2017, 11:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 100
I can't believe this wasn't advertised properly here in the US. I am going tonight to see it at an amc theater close by, and have the UK 3d version on preorder. I heard rumors James Cameron might include the 3D version in the endoskeleton arm US special edition which could explain the delay. The 3D version could possibly have the old Disney 3D ride as a bonus feature and market the heck out of that. I can only dream.
post #26 of 27 Old 09-03-2017, 12:09 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
I believe it's AMC theaters only.
I guess that would explain it. There are no AMC theaters in the area. It looks like there are only 5 places in the entire state (both near two of the largest cities; the capital is out of luck--nothing there either) showing it. The nearest is about 65 miles away. Maybe I'll just wait for the Blu-Ray....from the UK.
post #27 of 27 Old 09-03-2017, 09:32 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Quoted: 3693 Post(s)
Liked: 3821
Quote:
I can't believe this wasn't advertised properly here in the US. I am going tonight to see it at an amc theater close by, and have the UK 3d version on preorder. I heard rumors James Cameron might include the 3D version in the endoskeleton arm US special edition which could explain the delay. The 3D version could possibly have the old Disney 3D ride as a bonus feature and market the heck out of that. I can only dream.
it looks like all versions will be delayed till end of October. I have 2 3D BD's on order from the UK, not counting on the US Endoarm bundle to have the 3D but ordered it anyway as well so I have the UHD HDR version.

https://skynetsarmy.net/2017/08/31/l...deo/#more-5984

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Content

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page