post #61 of 1617 Old 02-04-2012, 09:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by bri1270 View Post

I'm surprised at how little conversation some of these deals have garnered.

this is a new area for threads so I think it's not well know here @ AVS

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 1617 Old 02-04-2012, 10:41 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
BB did they best they could with "price matching"...got one for $4100

Tax is a chunk more BUT the upside is their 36 month interest-free deal...hard to pass up!
post #63 of 1617 Old 02-05-2012, 04:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

this is a new area for threads so I think it's not well know here @ AVS

That's a fair point Mike. I just noticed it not too long ago myself.
post #64 of 1617 Old 02-05-2012, 05:48 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:

That's a fair point Mike. I just noticed it not too long ago myself.

Yup I actually kind of like that there's a separate spot to focus on price. It's been a long time coming too!

Still $3700 at US-A...

Stuck up, half witted, scruffy looking, nerf herder.
Double True!
post #65 of 1617 Old 02-05-2012, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonymoody View Post

Yup I actually kind of like that there's a separate spot to focus on price. It's been a long time coming too!

Still $3700 at US-A...

I've been lurking on this thread to pull the trigger on this beast over the next week or 2 and I've been eyeballing the deal at US-A and they seem to have some negative comments out there. For me, the price is great but I don't want to take the chance on them.
post #66 of 1617 Old 02-05-2012, 07:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trehouse View Post

I've been lurking on this thread to pull the trigger on this beast over the next week or 2 and I've been eyeballing the deal at US-A and they seem to have some negative comments out there. For me, the price is great but I don't want to take the chance on them.

I didn't see any negatives about them ..can U link ?

Mike

post #67 of 1617 Old 02-05-2012, 08:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

A majority of the negative feedback I came across was regarding a pricing issue which is why I called to confirm the price and to go over their return/exchange policy (30 days exchange, they'll arrange delivery and pick up) as well as their shipping damage policy. They do seem a little more stringent on their freight damage policy (notification must be made within 24 hours of receipt), but I don't find it unreasonable, and they do mention it several times, so ignorance really isn't an excuse. Besides, who receives something that big with a banged up box and doesn't notify everyone right away? I also sent a pm to a fellow AVSer that used them and he had a positive experience. Anyway, I was comfortable enough to place my order and my TV is in town waiting to be delivered. I ordered on Monday, they wanted to schedule on Saturday. If I was home yesterday morning, I would have been able to set up the delivery with Pilot. There's always a chance that this transaction could all go to hell for one reason or another, but since Amazon isn't shipping direct, I don't shop at BB (long story related to the 80"), and no one else could really touch the deal, I took a shot.
post #68 of 1617 Old 02-05-2012, 09:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:

I didn't see any negatives about them ..can U link ?

Check out resellerratings.com

As I said, a majority of the complaints seemed to be tied to a pricing issue on a Samsung plasma back in September/October. They seem to have listed the set at a really low price, and a bunch of people ordered. The next day, US-A sent out order cancellation notices saying that the price was an error. I've also seen people complaining about the shipment damage policy, being charged before the product shipped and then being told their item was OOS (which is really the only one I found concerning). Take out the people that can't be pleased, the people that don't read the fine print and the people claiming bait and switch (on the Samsung price issue) and I think you're left with mostly good reviews with some valid complaints...just like pretty much everywhere else. Really, the only thing that concerned me was the price, and that was because of the previous issue, so I called and confirmed, got the price and the unit is almost here after one week from order date.
post #69 of 1617 Old 02-05-2012, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

A majority of the negative feedback I came across was regarding a pricing issue which is why I called to confirm the price and to go over their return/exchange policy (30 days exchange, they'll arrange delivery and pick up) as well as their shipping damage policy. They do seem a little more stringent on their freight damage policy (notification must be made within 24 hours of receipt), but I don't find it unreasonable, and they do mention it several times, so ignorance really isn't an excuse. Besides, who receives something that big with a banged up box and doesn't notify everyone right away? I also sent a pm to a fellow AVSer that used them and he had a positive experience. Anyway, I was comfortable enough to place my order and my TV is in town waiting to be delivered. I ordered on Monday, they wanted to schedule on Saturday. If I was home yesterday morning, I would have been able to set up the delivery with Pilot. There's always a chance that this transaction could all go to hell for one reason or another, but since Amazon isn't shipping direct, I don't shop at BB (long story related to the 80"), and no one else could really touch the deal, I took a shot.

I've had Pilot do the delivery on my last 3 Sharps one from Dell & the 2 others from Amazon
Amazon's displays ; were 2 man white glove service (they un-boxed,set-up & played displays , making sure that I was OK with the sets , before they left)
Dell ; 2 man in the house but no un-box , asked about this over Amazon & the driver told me that depended on the shipper on the level of service .
But I had the feeling that if I offered a nice tip they would do the un-box & placement , but I didn't offer & my back wished I had (60"er is not easy to lift by yer self L O L )
Pilot always calls to set-up a time to deliver here in the SFO area

Mike

post #70 of 1617 Old 02-05-2012, 09:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I've had Pilot do the delivery on my last 3 Sharps one from Dell & the 2 others from Amazon
Amazon's displays ; were 2 man white glove service (they un-boxed,set-up & played displays , making sure that I was OK with the sets , before they left)
Dell ; 2 man in the house but no un-box , asked about this over Amazon & the driver told me that depended on the shipper on the level of service .
But I had the feeling that if I offered a nice tip they would do the un-box & placement , but I didn't offer & my back wished I had (60"er is not easy to lift by yer self L O L )
Pilot always calls to set-up a time to deliver here in the SFO area

The US-A free shipping is curbside. I'm not sure how many guys they'll send, but my hope is that (he/they) will just get it in my mud room. I'll inspect the packaging, take some photos, and see where it goes from there.
post #71 of 1617 Old 02-05-2012, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The US-A free shipping is curbside. I'm not sure how many guys they'll send, but my hope is that (he/they) will just get it in my mud room. I'll inspect the packaging, take some photos, and see where it goes from there.

It seemed to me that Pilot was setting routes on the deliveries so that the truck would hit as many places in the same/near areas as they could & they always had 2 guys in the truck ( a van actually ) that way they could cover more areas faster & not have to lift the boxes off a trucks tailgate . Anyway get back to us here on how it goes .. I'm jealous ... 80" WoW !

Mike

post #72 of 1617 Old 02-05-2012, 10:48 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
Quote:

I didn't order from CP...but yes, that would have been the best way to go with a calibration.

Are there any downsides to having the calibration done at CP before it ships vs on-site in your home?

My main concerns are that there isn't a sufficient burn-in period prior to the calibration and the that TV is not calibrated using my video source devices.

Perhaps Chris from CP an Chad B can comment on this.

Thanks in advance,

Bob
post #73 of 1617 Old 02-05-2012, 11:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

My main concerns are that there isn't a sufficient burn-in period prior to the calibration and the that TV is not calibrated using my video source devices.

It's an LED/LCD Set, no burn in required. My only real concern with having them do it there is that it's not your actual viewing environment, but I think I read that Chad calibrates the sets in a night time setting with little to no ambient light which should be fairly consistent from one location to the next...I'm not entirely sure though.
post #74 of 1617 Old 02-05-2012, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

I purchased a DCS grill and a high end range. No issues.

When I am ready to pull the trigger I will buy from them if I can't get a local dealer to match.

EDIT: still valid the morning after the Super Bowl (yeah Giants!!) which hopefully bodes well for further price compression going forward.

Double True!
post #75 of 1617 Old 02-07-2012, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

My LC80 arrived today. No box damage, and one week from date of order. I removed the box cover and no damage internally that I can see. So far so good with US-A delivery.
post #76 of 1617 Old 02-08-2012, 04:48 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
$4,499 yesterday at Costco in Scottsdale. First time I've seen it there.
post #77 of 1617 Old 02-08-2012, 08:16 AM

Hey guys,

I am pretty new to the AVS world personally, my dad was a videophile with the laserdisc and everything. I have an old KDL 46" Sony and have been wanting a bigger better screen since I bought it. My wife finally said you can get what you want, so bully for me.

I have been looking at the 70 and 80" and saw the new release models for the local dimming 70" non-elite later this year.

My question is would y'all suggest pulling the trigger on one now, or waiting for the local dimmer later this year?
post #78 of 1617 Old 02-08-2012, 08:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeyrot0214 View Post

Hey guys,

I am pretty new to the AVS world personally, my dad was a videophile with the laserdisc and everything. I have an old KDL 46" Sony and have been wanting a bigger better screen since I bought it. My wife finally said you can get what you want, so bully for me.

I have been looking at the 70 and 80" and saw the new release models for the local dimming 70" non-elite later this year.

My question is would y'all suggest pulling the trigger on one now, or waiting for the local dimmer later this year?

Local dimming is some times not a good thing as Quatron 4th yellow pixel is not a good thing as well. that's the beauty of this set is that it doesn't have L/D & Quatron . There are people who buy a local dimming display & never turn the L/D on due it degrading the PQ

Mike

post #79 of 1617 Old 02-08-2012, 08:34 AM

Thanks for the response Mike. What is the distance you would suggest sitting from the tv? I live in an apartment and have varying distances, depending on where we are moving next.

Also, do you forsee it getting any cheaper?
post #80 of 1617 Old 02-08-2012, 08:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeyrot0214 View Post

Thanks for the response Mike. What is the distance you would suggest sitting from the tv? I live in an apartment and have varying distances, depending on where we are moving next.

Also, do you forsee it getting any cheaper?

Yeah the price will drop as the set gets more popular , it's just now showing up @ Costco but @ a high price .the price will move down some more after the new Quatron/LD sets come to the market .

3800.00 on line is great price , that's the lowest I've seen yet
Viewing distance is about 10 ft as reported earlier in this thread .

Mike

post #81 of 1617 Old 02-08-2012, 08:56 AM
AVS Special Member

there are a couple of guys on the other Sharp 80" 632 thread who have had an Elite 70" & sold it to buy this Display , that speaks volumes on how good this set is as a Value & it's PQ

Mike

post #82 of 1617 Old 02-10-2012, 02:07 PM

The price has already dropped at Costco. 2 weeks ago it was $4699. I stopped by last night and it's now $4499
post #83 of 1617 Old 02-10-2012, 07:20 PM

I bought one last week from usappliance.com for 3,697.00. No tax or shipping. It is at the local delivery agent and scheduled for delivery next Thursday. I cannot wait to get it. The price has not changed as of a few minutes ago. You have to enter your credit card information to see the reduced price.

Kurt
post #84 of 1617 Old 02-10-2012, 08:57 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:

Just found out that if you sign up for the hhgregg newsletter they email you a 10% of coupon. The 80" is currently $4500 which would be $4050 shipped not tax.

I'm going to hold off as I'm sure the price will drop further, then will pounce with the 10% coupon.

Can you supply some details on the 10% off coupon? Expiration? SMALL PRINT (good only on regularly priced items, not valid with any other offer...ad nauseum.)
post #85 of 1617 Old 02-10-2012, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtwoodfin View Post

I bought one last week from usappliance.com for 3,697.00. No tax or shipping. It is at the local delivery agent and scheduled for delivery next Thursday. I cannot wait to get it. The price has not changed as of a few minutes ago. You have to enter your credit card information to see the reduced price.

Kurt

I can no longer find the 80 on the US Appliance site. Apparently it is OOS.
post #86 of 1617 Old 02-10-2012, 09:58 PM

I pulled the link up from my cart and it now says they are out of stock. I will keep looking too. They have a 30 day price match, and I will post it they get more or if I find anything cheaper.

Kurt
post #87 of 1617 Old 02-11-2012, 07:41 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtv4xmas View Post

Can you supply some details on the 10% off coupon? Expiration? SMALL PRINT (good only on regularly priced items, not valid with any other offer...ad nauseum.

When you register on the site you get an 'account' one feature of which is a coupon section. They send you an email saying something like Thanks for signing up here's your first coupon. You click through, back to the site, and there's the 10% off coupon in the coupon section. It has an expiration date (something like a couple months) and applies only to the most expensive thing in your cart when you order. And it does apply to TVs.

Double True!
post #88 of 1617 Old 02-11-2012, 12:30 PM

Quote:

When you register on the site you get an 'account' one feature of which is a coupon section. They send you an email saying something like Thanks for signing up here's your first coupon. You click through, back to the site, and there's the 10% off coupon in the coupon section. It has an expiration date (something like a couple months) and applies only to the most expensive thing in your cart when you order. And it does apply to TVs.

I did all that, and could not locate the FINE PRINT for the website coupon, but here is the FINE PRINT on the printed coupon valid in the HH Gregg B&M stores...

Expires: 4/11/2012

Coupon valid in-store only. 10% is calculated off of the hhgregg everyday low price. Limit one coupon per person per item. Coupon cannot be combined with other coupons or offers. Prior purchases excluded. Coupon not valid 11/20/2011-11/26/2011. Sorry, excludes Bose, Verizon Wireless products, Sonos, Serta, Tempur-Pedic, Sony DSLR cameras, Satellite TV Systems, computers, tablets, gaming systems & other UMRP products. Additional exclusions and/or restrictions may apply. Please see store associates for details.

So, I went ahead and added the Sharp 80 to my cart, and at the very end of the checkout process, I WAS ABLE TO DETERMINE THAT THE COUPON WAS NOT APPLIED TO THE TV...They also charged ~$70 for shipping.

Reason??? Must be the " Coupon cannot be combined with other coupons or offers." lingo.

So, I doubt that this coupon will have value (for me) prior to its expiration.
post #89 of 1617 Old 02-11-2012, 02:27 PM

Anyone order from this store? AllTimeTVs If so, please let me know your experience. I'm gonna pull the trigger on the TV this evening.

$3936 shipped.

http://www.alltimetvs.com/Sharp-LC80...p-FullHD/p-201
post #90 of 1617 Old 02-11-2012, 02:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtv4xmas View Post

I did all that, and could not locate the FINE PRINT for the website coupon, but here is the FINE PRINT on the printed coupon valid in the HH Gregg B&M stores...

Expires: 4/11/2012

Coupon valid in-store only. 10% is calculated off of the hhgregg everyday low price. Limit one coupon per person per item. Coupon cannot be combined with other coupons or offers. Prior purchases excluded. Coupon not valid 11/20/2011-11/26/2011. Sorry, excludes Bose, Verizon Wireless products, Sonos, Serta, Tempur-Pedic, Sony DSLR cameras, Satellite TV Systems, computers, tablets, gaming systems & other UMRP products. Additional exclusions and/or restrictions may apply. Please see store associates for details.

So, I went ahead and added the Sharp 80 to my cart, and at the very end of the checkout process, I WAS ABLE TO DETERMINE THAT THE COUPON WAS NOT APPLIED TO THE TV...They also charged ~$70 for shipping.

Reason??? Must be the " Coupon cannot be combined with other coupons or offers." lingo.

So, I doubt that this coupon will have value (for me) prior to its expiration.

You should try calling them and ordering over the phone. Reference your account and my bet is that they will honor the coupon even if it's couched as a discount rather than a coupon use. Said another way - they haggle.

Double True!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

Tags
Sharp Lc80le844u 80 Inch 3d Led Tv , Sharp Lc70le847u 70 Inch 3d Led Tv , Sharp Aquos Lc60le847u 60 Inch 1080p 240hz 3d 1080p Led Lcd Tv
Gear in this thread - Lc80le844u by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page