Insignia NS-55L780A12 Best Buy Sale - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-15-2012, 07:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was on Best Buy this morning and I wanted your guys opinion on this sale they are having. A 55" Insignia LCD with a 2 year warranty, plus a wifi Blu-ray player, and a soundbar all for $849. It seems like a killer deal, I do not know much about Insignia, never even really heard of them. This would be my TV in my main living room, is it worth it?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....at263200050000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-15-2012, 07:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by balla01 View Post

I was on Best Buy this morning and I wanted your guys opinion on this sale they are having. A 55" Insignia LCD with a 2 year warranty, plus a wifi Blu-ray player, and a soundbar all for $849. It seems like a killer deal, I do not know much about Insignia, never even really heard of them. This would be my TV in my main living room, is it worth it?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....at263200050000

Balla,

Make sure you read the rules and regulations of the forum before posting prices and deals. The forum is more strict then most, and you risk your account in doing so.

I once went and took a look at this model because the deal seems so hot. I can assure you that it looks terrible, has limited picture controls, bad black levels, and appears pixelated and washed out compared to other sets.

Insignia will sometimes have amazing sets, made by samsung, etc, but this particular set is a dud, and most likely created to get you into the store.

I urge you to go see it in the store, don't blindly order it online, because it is THAT bad.

It is a better idea to put a few hunder more dollars into a name brand set, even if you have to shrink down to a smaller size.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-15-2012, 07:29 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks redwolf4k, sorry if I did not abide by the forum rules. I might go to my local Best Buy today and check it out in person. With a price like that I would have to assume that the TV is horrible, but still at least a look at that price.
post #4 of 5 Old 01-15-2012, 07:30 AM - Thread Starter

On the other hand, it did get really good reviews.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-20-2012, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwolf4k View Post

Balla,

Make sure you read the rules and regulations of the forum before posting prices and deals. The forum is more strict then most, and you risk your account in doing so.

I once went and took a look at this model because the deal seems so hot. I can assure you that it looks terrible, has limited picture controls, bad black levels, and appears pixelated and washed out compared to other sets.

Insignia will sometimes have amazing sets, made by samsung, etc, but this particular set is a dud, and most likely created to get you into the store.

I urge you to go see it in the store, don't blindly order it online, because it is THAT bad.

It is a better idea to put a few hunder more dollars into a name brand set, even if you have to shrink down to a smaller size.

Then is Model: NS-55E560A11 good enough for you ?

And you are wrong about the NS-55L780A12 I own 3 and i checked the panels out, they are Samsungs
Reply LCD Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page