Sony KDL55NX720 $1499.88 at Sears - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31 of 50 Old 02-19-2012, 08:36 PM
Member
 
Shoungts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by swolfcg View Post

The kept on telling me "The lowest we can go is..." They wouldn't actually match them, they were just low balling me. I don't get it either. I've called about 6 times for different price matches others can get, but it never works out for me.

Do you have Amazon Prime? I think I saw somewhere where they were added on a fee for 'white glove' service for those w/o Prime.
Shoungts is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 50 Old 02-19-2012, 09:13 PM
Senior Member
 
swolfcg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Diego, Ca
Posts: 402
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by iatacs19 View Post

Try the pricematch over email, I got them to match Sears at $1,399.88 with the free 3D glasses and everything.

Yeah, I think I'm done talking to them over the phone. However I believe I've emailed before, and they just state I have to call.

I emailed them with my request anyways. I guess it doesn't hurt to try.
swolfcg is offline  
post #33 of 50 Old 02-19-2012, 09:14 PM
Senior Member
 
swolfcg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Diego, Ca
Posts: 402
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoungts View Post

Do you have Amazon Prime? I think I saw somewhere where they were added on a fee for 'white glove' service for those w/o Prime.

No I don't have prime, but they turn me down even before they get my name. Are you saying I won't be told no if I was a prime member? So I should call and flash my prime membership card, and I'm gold. Yeah, I don't think so.
swolfcg is offline  
post #34 of 50 Old 02-19-2012, 10:10 PM
Member
 
Shoungts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by swolfcg View Post

No I don't have prime, but they turn me down even before they get my name. Are you saying I won't be told no if I was a prime member? So I should call and flash my prime membership card, and I'm gold. Yeah, I don't think so.

Hey, just trying to troubleshoot and had read somewhere (I think it was slickdeals) that they added a delivery fee even though sears was offered free delivery b/c they were claiming their 'white glove' was a better service. And the first thing they asked me when I called was my email and before I even told them what I was calling about, they asked me if it was that tv as they looked at my browsing history.

I'm just trying to help, I don't understand the hostility. Anyway, good luck, it is an awesome tv.
Shoungts is offline  
post #35 of 50 Old 02-20-2012, 05:29 AM
Senior Member
 
swolfcg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Diego, Ca
Posts: 402
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoungts View Post

Hey, just trying to troubleshoot and had read somewhere (I think it was slickdeals) that they added a delivery fee even though sears was offered free delivery b/c they were claiming their 'white glove' was a better service. And the first thing they asked me when I called was my email and before I even told them what I was calling about, they asked me if it was that tv as they looked at my browsing history.

I'm just trying to help, I don't understand the hostility. Anyway, good luck, it is an awesome tv.

I'm not being hostile, I'm just a bit frustrated that everyone is reporting they can get a PM but me. I also don't live anywhere close to a state that has a Frys, so when people say its such and such price from Frys and you're an idiot for paying more, I get a little perturbed.

When I've called Amazon for PM in the past, they usually state that they would have to match the Price exactly, so if they don't offer free white glove, then that will be added to my PM. It may be what they did the last time I called, without saying so flat out.

I have a feeling Tvs would be a bit cheaper if Amazon didn't offer "free" white glove service.

I emailed them last night, with the same PM request I was denied over the phone the day before. Still nothing, but I'm not hopeful. The call back and get a different person tactic isn't working. It feels like I've been looking forever, and now I'm getting a little antsy to get my new tv. The old one is going to get picked up soon, and I won't have anything but a new tv console to state at.

This is the end of the tv season, so where are all the deals? I've been really patient for a good 9months, while I've been looking.
swolfcg is offline  
post #36 of 50 Old 02-20-2012, 07:42 AM
Senior Member
 
swolfcg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Diego, Ca
Posts: 402
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I'm emailing Amazon from now on. I just got approved for $2195 for the KDL60NX720. I didn't get answer to my 55" Sears match though.

This is really good, but now I'm waffling b/c now I'm thinking about getting the 55" 929. It's about the same price as the 60" NX720. What to do, what to do.

Update: I just got my Sears price match email, but they added $50 b/c it's a pick up order. They also ship it free, so I don't get there reasoning.
swolfcg is offline  
post #37 of 50 Old 02-20-2012, 01:38 PM
Member
 
BassAtl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I purchased an NX720 at Frys a week ago when they were on sale at $1099. There were none of these on the floor, despite the big ad in the paper for the "major brand name" item that requires one to visit the store...I happened to look up on the warehouse rack system next to the department and saw 3 of them. Salesman didn't really want to sell it to me, trying to convince me I'd "be happier with the Samsung," when in fact, "he" would happier if I bought the Samsung.

Then, visiting Costco a couple of days later, I was checking to see how many of the Panasonic 60ST30 sets they had left at $1199. Answer was zero, but they did have the floor model, marked down to $800. I bought it, after determining through Costco's inventory system that the TV had only been on the floor for 3 weeks.

So, I now have them both sitting side by side, hooked up to DirecTV HD DVR for evaluation. Aside from the size differential, there are other differences that are making this a very difficult decision for me. For those interested in either of these TVs, here are my initial thoughts. I'm not a professional installer or anything; just a home-owner trying to maximize my enjoyment on limited funds.

1. Appearance. The Sony is drop-dead gorgeous. With the frameless design and the Gorilla glass front, turned off, the Sony looks like a glossy, jet black piece of glass hanging on the wall. Beautiful. The "Sony" logo in the center of the TV illuminates from behind the glass when the set is turned on. This feature is defeatable if you don't like it. The power "on" indicator is miniscule in size and not really noticeable. The bezel, hidden behind the frame when "off", is 1.5" on the sides and top, and 2.0" on the bottom. The Panasonic, on the other hand, is their entry level 3D plasma, and it is fairly plain, as others have noted in reviews. The very visible bezel is glossy black, 2" on the sides and top, and 3" on the bottom. The "Panasonic" logo does not illuminate, and the power "on" indicator is a larger, very noticeable red LED. It's not too distracting, but most definitely larger than the Sony indicator.

2. Screen. The Gorilla glass has a slight tint, but it is glossy and slick, and therefore quite reflective. Jet black when off, and when on, the "dynamic" local dimming actually yields an extremely black screen. It's an edge-lit TV, but my understanding is that the local dimming dims half of the screen at at time or something along those lines when the picture is dark. It is very impressive and I have not found any visible line or transition point that would make it apparent if one side of the backlight has been switched off. The plasma, on the other hand, has some sort of anti-reflective coating on the screen. I would call it "semi-matte", as there is still a reflection from the windows on the opposite side of the room, though not to the same extent as the Sony. When the Panasonic is turned off, because of this coating, the screen is not jet black like the Sony. It is more of a dark, charcoal grey. This charcoal grey remains as what you see for blacks when the set is on, watching in daylight conditions. You can tell the black is actually better on the plasma, when the black is floating in the middle of an otherwise bright screen, but for darker scenes, it's muted to a degree to this charcoal grey. During daylight, dark scenes look better on the Sony for this reason. Look at the attached pic I just shot with my phone. Both TVs are on, and the DirecTV screen saver is floating around on an otherwise black screen. Very obvious difference between the sets. This difference is meaningless when watching at night, but very noticeable when watching in daylight conditions. The black level visible in this photo is the same level of black that is visible on both sets when the sets are off.

3. Viewing angle. No doubt about the viewing angle on the plasma. Basically 180 degrees with no degradation of color across the room. The Sony has a relatively narrow viewing angle. I sit approx. 12' across the room from the TV, and color is fine about 4-5' on either side of center, but fades rapidly beyond about 5'. You can tell a slight difference just a couple of feet off center, but it is not significant enough to be a problem until you get beyond 5'.

4. Colors. I have been adjusting both sets to the extent I can based on settings here and on other sites. They are very similar. I would say fleshtones look slightly better on the plasma and maybe a bit more yellowish on the LED. This may just be a reflection of my skills or lack thereof, but the colors are very good on both sets.

5. Motion. The Sony has "Motionflow 240" on this particular set. When watching a hockey game last night on both sets, both handled motion extremely well. Slight advantage to the plasma, but only because I was focused on it. Most would not be able to tell any difference.

6. Little things. Power cord on the Sony is a two-pronged cord, which appears to be permanently attached behind a panel. Not easily swappable for a longer cord for wall mounting purposes. The Panasonic has a strange clip on the OEM plug, but it appears to be a standard 3-prong computer-type cord that can be swapped for a longer cord if necessary. Both TVs have been on for quite a while and both of them remain cool to the touch. No significant heat coming out of the plasma.

7. "Forum" Issues. The Sony is evidently known for having some units where the gorilla glass has separated from the TV housing. Mine did not have this. Nice tight seal all the way around. Also, "flashlighting" and "clouding" on the LED, neither of which I have experienced, at least following changing some settings to get the TV out of torch mode. The Panasonic is limitations including fluctuating brightness and pink/green blobs. As a basic, but very anal user of the unit, mine has neither of these problems. It was a November 2011 build, so that may be why. Bottom line, both sets are great.

8. 3D. I didn't buy the set for 3D, and neither came with glasses, so I can not evaluate this, nor will that be a factor in my decision.

I guess that's about it. I have to decide which one to keep. I wish I could keep them both, but if I did, I'd have 2 TVs and my wife would have everything else. Difference in my cost between the 2 sets is about $325. I'm leaning plasma at this point, only because 60" for $800 is hard to beat and the "bigger is always better" idea is hanging over my head. Plus, a 2-year warranty I can extend to 5 for only $59. But, this Sony LED is pretty incredible, and I can still extend the warranty from 1 to 3 for $99 at Costco, via Square Trade. I noticed they are not continuing this model for 2012. I think they want to keep the Gorilla glass only for higher end models. If the Sony 60NX720 were sitting next to the plasma at this moment, for a similar price, I'd go Sony.

I do have to add one comment about Frys. My experience is that Frys only has great deals for those that are willing to sift through all of the BS to get to what they want, and also those that know exactly what they want ahead of time. The ads almost never state the brand name of the TV for the really good deals, so you either have to go to the store and see, or you have to find out via one of these forums what the deals are, oftentimes too late. And, when you get to the store, very often, the red sticker on the TV says "manager's special," which instantly means you are paying $40 for an HDMI cable, purchasing a bundled blu-ray player you probably don't need, and/or $200 for an extended warranty you could get at Costco for less than half of that price. This NX720 did not require a "bundle" purchase, but if I hadn't known of the ad and the price from visiting this forum, I would have never known to ask about it.

Would welcome any feedback on this, but for those wanting the NX720, my evaluation thus far is that it's a great set. Good hunting nonetheless.
LL
BassAtl is offline  
post #38 of 50 Old 02-20-2012, 01:49 PM
Senior Member
 
swolfcg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Diego, Ca
Posts: 402
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
That was extremely helpful. Thanks for the post. You should post this in the Regular LCD sub-forum. I like your picture too. The Sony looks really good. I'm about to pull the trigger on the 60" NX720. My deal isn't as good as your Frys deal, but it's not bad.

Were you able to check out SD & CPU content? I'm curious which one handles those better. I'll be watching about 80% of the time from my CPU.
swolfcg is offline  
post #39 of 50 Old 02-20-2012, 02:38 PM
Member
 
Shoungts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassAtl View Post

But, this Sony LED is pretty incredible, and I can still extend the warranty from 1 to 3 for $99 at Costco, via Square Trade.

I am pretty sure the warranty would actually take it to 4 years for $99 as it is 3 years from coverage start which starts at the end of the manufacturer's warranty (or Costco's if bought there):

Check the top left corner: http://content.costco.com/Images/Con...pdf/575685.PDF
Shoungts is offline  
post #40 of 50 Old 02-20-2012, 02:42 PM
Member
 
Shoungts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by swolfcg View Post

That was extremely helpful. Thanks for the post. You should post this in the Regular LCD sub-forum. I like your picture too. The Sony looks really good. I'm about to pull the trigger on the 60" NX720. My deal isn't as good as your Frys deal, but it's not bad.

Were you able to check out SD & CPU content? I'm curious which one handles those better. I'll be watching about 80% of the time from my CPU.

swolf, I can't speak to the Panny, but I was very happy the first time I turned my HTPC on while connected to my 55NX720. Everything was very very crisp.
Shoungts is offline  
post #41 of 50 Old 02-20-2012, 02:46 PM
Member
 
BassAtl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Shoungts - your are correct, I made a typo in my post. 3-year extension from Costco with Square Trade. $99 for the Sony. $59 for the Panasonic, due to the discounted price below $1K.

I have only watched the DirecTV DVR with both sets side by side, due to my current set-up.

Thanks.
BassAtl is offline  
post #42 of 50 Old 02-20-2012, 03:38 PM
Senior Member
 
swolfcg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Diego, Ca
Posts: 402
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoungts View Post

swolf, I can't speak to the Panny, but I was very happy the first time I turned my HTPC on while connected to my 55NX720. Everything was very very crisp.

Excellent. Thanks. I'm going to pull the trigger on the 60" right now. With my luck, it will be on super clearance in a week.
swolfcg is offline  
post #43 of 50 Old 02-20-2012, 05:27 PM
Senior Member
 
swolfcg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Diego, Ca
Posts: 402
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I finally pulled the trigger on a darn tv. I got a price match for the KDL60NX720 from Amazon for $2195. I accidently gave them US Appliance's Refurb price, and they accepted it. I went ahead and got the Amazon card too so that's $2195-$50-3%=$2079.15
swolfcg is offline  
post #44 of 50 Old 02-20-2012, 05:47 PM
Member
 
Shoungts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by swolfcg View Post

I finally pulled the trigger on a darn tv. I got a price match for the KDL60NX720 from Amazon for $2195. I accidently gave them US Appliance's Refurb price, and they accepted it. I went ahead and got the Amazon card too so that's $2195-$50-3%=$2079.15

Congrats Swolf, you are getting a great tv. I have had mine since Friday and am very happy. Two things I would note as for amazon:

1) If for some reason the price does drop below that within 30 days, there is still a good chance you might be able to get them to match. I know the rules say 14 days and only one price match (which you have already done), but the rules also say you can get free returns for 30 days. It's worth trying to get them to match and telling them that if they dont, you will just return it and get it from them cheaper again or from the other seller. Best case scenario, they price match, worse.

2) The amazon card is ok for Amazon, but the Citibank Forward is even better. I had the amazon card for 8 years, but recently switched to the Citibank Forward as it gives you 5% back at bookstores which it classifies Amazon as. There are a bunch of other things it offers you that are better than the Amazon card. If you buy a lot stuff from Amazon, it's definitely worth looking into. On the brightside, you got the sign up bonus that more than makes up for that 2% difference.
Shoungts is offline  
post #45 of 50 Old 02-20-2012, 06:04 PM
Senior Member
 
swolfcg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Diego, Ca
Posts: 402
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoungts View Post

Congrats Swolf, you are getting a great tv. I have had mine since Friday and am very happy. Two things I would note as for amazon:

1) If for some reason the price does drop below that within 30 days, there is still a good chance you might be able to get them to match. I know the rules say 14 days and only one price match (which you have already done), but the rules also say you can get free returns for 30 days. It's worth trying to get them to match and telling them that if they dont, you will just return it and get it from them cheaper again or from the other seller. Best case scenario, they price match, worse.

2) The amazon card is ok for Amazon, but the Citibank Forward is even better. I had the amazon card for 8 years, but recently switched to the Citibank Forward as it gives you 5% back at bookstores which it classifies Amazon as. There are a bunch of other things it offers you that are better than the Amazon card. If you buy a lot stuff from Amazon, it's definitely worth looking into. On the brightside, you got the sign up bonus that more than makes up for that 2% difference.


I already got a Price Match, so there isn't any changing my current offered price. The only thing I could do would be to send it back. This was clearly stated on the email that Amazon sent me, with my price match.

I looked at all the other cards and knew of the Citi Forward and Chase card. The Chase card is 5% for Amazon only for the the next couple of months, and only up to $1500.

I got $50 bonus for signing up right off the bat, and put that towards my tv purchase. I can redeem my points at any time with Amazon, no waiting. You also don't have to accumulate 10,000 points, like with Citi forward, before using them. 5,000 is the accumulation threshold for the Amazon card to use at other places. Can you even redeem your Citi Thankyou points with Amazon? I heard not.

I'm only using this card for Amazon purchases. My Amex Cash card is still my favorite and predominate card. Cash is king, and I don't have to report it to the IRS (as stated by the IRS.)

It's very rare for me to open a new card. I think the last one was in 2006.
swolfcg is offline  
post #46 of 50 Old 02-20-2012, 07:15 PM
Member
 
Shoungts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by swolfcg View Post

I already got a Price Match, so there isn't any changing my current offered price. The only thing I could do would be to send it back. This was clearly stated on the email that Amazon sent me, with my price match.

I looked at all the other cards and knew of the Citi Forward and Chase card. The Chase card is 5% for Amazon only for the the next couple of months, and only up to $1500.

I got $50 bonus for signing up right off the bat, and put that towards my tv purchase. I can redeem my points at any time with Amazon, no waiting. You also don't have to accumulate 10,000 points, like with Citi forward, before using them. 5,000 is the accumulation threshold for the Amazon card to use at other places. Can you even redeem your Citi Thankyou points with Amazon? I heard not.

I'm only using this card for Amazon purchases. My Amex Cash card is still my favorite and predominate card. Cash is king, and I don't have to report it to the IRS (as stated by the IRS.)

It's very rare for me to open a new card. I think the last one was in 2006.

Trust, me I dont open cards very often either, this was only the 2nd one in 6 years or so. I looked at the pros and cons of each and decided the Forward was better for me.

As for redeeming the points directly with the Amazon card, you are better off taking an account credit and then charging whatever you wanted to get at Amazon on your card so you get the 3% on that as well. Sure you have to wait until get to a certain amount of points, but both convert at the same ratio of points to dollars and you get the extra 3%. It really depends on your situation and how you spend on the card and how often you shop Amazon, but that was what usually worked best for me.
Shoungts is offline  
post #47 of 50 Old 02-21-2012, 07:06 AM
Member
 
trenken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 127
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well it looks like this went up about $100 already on Amazon. Weird, wonder why that happened.
trenken is offline  
post #48 of 50 Old 02-24-2012, 07:02 PM
Member
 
BassAtl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Took it back after about a 10-day trial. Wonderful TV, especially at $1099

Had to choose between the NX720 and a 60ST30 Panasonic Plasma. The plasma was a floor model at Costco, but it only had 200 hours on it, since it was only in the store for 3 weeks. $800 with full 2-year Costco warranty. Just couldn't beat it.

I really liked both of these TVs. Viewing angle was the only fault I found for the NX720, and even that was a very minor problem for me. If I hadn't found the super deal on the plasma, I would have kept the Sony and been very happy with it.

Funny....when I finished up the refund at Frys, at the same time my refund receipt was printed, the machine printed an "open box" reduced price tag to stick on my return....the price? $1,614.95. Did I mention I only paid $1099?
BassAtl is offline  
post #49 of 50 Old 02-24-2012, 07:23 PM
Senior Member
 
swolfcg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Diego, Ca
Posts: 402
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassAtl View Post

Took it back after about a 10-day trial. Wonderful TV, especially at $1099

Had to choose between the NX720 and a 60ST30 Panasonic Plasma. The plasma was a floor model at Costco, but it only had 200 hours on it, since it was only in the store for 3 weeks. $800 with full 2-year Costco warranty. Just couldn't beat it.

I really liked both of these TVs. Viewing angle was the only fault I found for the NX720, and even that was a very minor problem for me. If I hadn't found the super deal on the plasma, I would have kept the Sony and been very happy with it.

Funny....when I finished up the refund at Frys, at the same time my refund receipt was printed, the machine printed an "open box" reduced price tag to stick on my return....the price? $1,614.95. Did I mention I only paid $1099?

Good to know. Thanks for reporting back. I'm still waiting on mine. Amazon contracted a carrier that only delivers to my area twice a week. Of course they couldn't keep the appointment I set on Amazon's website, plus they were first unwilling to deliver the item after 3pm. Just come and pick it up they told me. Yeah, I would if I had help and a car big enough to transport it. Why do you think I bought it online and scheduled delivery in the first place? Sheesh.
swolfcg is offline  
post #50 of 50 Old 02-25-2012, 05:06 AM
Member
 
BassAtl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
...it's always something. Good luck with your delivery.

I'm sure you'll be happy with the TV. The characteristics of your room and placement of the TV will ultimately determine whether or not viewing angle is an issue for you, but I believe this is true for all LED TVs. My TV was mounted on the long wall in a rectangular room, so I noticed it, but it was not enough to make me return the TV.

This TV is probably the best looking TV (physical appearance) I have ever seen. It really is like a piece of art hanging on the wall. I recommend a wall mount for this TV, which makes it look like a big glossy black hole hanging on the wall. Striking.

My novice advice to you would be to first inspect the TV for any separation or de-lamination of the glass from the back of the TV, one of the chief complaints about this model. My unit was perfect, but others have reported a gap large enough to let light pass through. This would be a big problem for me.

I don't have a calibration disc, but I started with settings I found online and tweaked them to the point where the color really did rival that of the plasma. Oh, and once I got the TV out of torch mode and all of the so-called "filters" turned off, I did not notice any of that "soap opera" effect that I have seen on many other sets.

Best of luck to you, swolfcg.
BassAtl is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off