Sony XBR55HX929 at Best Buy for $2499 - Good Deal? - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 47 Old 02-15-2012, 07:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has anyone here ever dealt with US-Appliance? And if so how was your experience with them?

Saw the reviews and it looks pretty mixed of good and bad and wanted to get some feedback from the people here.

Inquired about the 65" HX929 and was told over the phone that the price was $4197. Can anyone confirm they're Sony authorized dealer?

I'd buy it from Sony except that Sony will charge me an arm and a leg for tax while US Appliance there is no tax and free shipping.

Just trying to get some feedback on US Appl.

Thx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 47 Old 02-15-2012, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Has anyone here ever dealt with US-Appliance? And if so how was your experience with them?

So far my experience with US-Appliance been very positive but I have to wait till this Friday when my 65hx929 is schedule to be delivered before I can give a proper review.

I can say I been pleasantly surprise how quickly my order shipped. I placed my order on Feb 8th. I got a call from the shipping company that my order was ready for deliver on Feb 13. I schedule it to be delivered on the 17th because I could not be home to receive it till then.

If my 65hx929 arrives at my place Friday without damage I will be extremely happy with my experience at US-Appliance.

I can give you a update how the delivery go this Friday if you like.
post #33 of 47 Old 02-15-2012, 03:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoldb2 View Post

So far my experience with US-Appliance been very positive but I have to wait till this Friday when my 65hx929 is schedule to be delivered before I can give a proper review.

I can say I been pleasantly surprise how quickly my order shipped. I placed my order on Feb 8th. I got a call from the shipping company that my order was ready for deliver on Feb 13. I schedule it to be delivered on the 17th because I could not be home to receive it till then.

If my 65hx929 arrives at my place Friday without damage I will be extremely happy with my experience at US-Appliance.

Please do. Would really appreciate it. You can even PM me if you like. thx
post #34 of 47 Old 02-15-2012, 05:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:

If you could, I would also like to know how it turns out. I'm going to try to land that deal via a price match with someone else. If that doesn't turn out then I'll be getting it from US A. If you could just post how everything is turning out that would be great. Did they give you a tracking number? It is a new in box right, not a refurb?
post #35 of 47 Old 02-17-2012, 01:15 PM

I received my 65hx929 about a hour ago. It a November 2011 build. It appears brand new to me. I could not find anything that would make me believe otherwise.

TV looks great to me so far. only minor complaint I have is it a bit more reflective then I was expecting but that easily fixable by getting better curtains in my family room.

I see no sign of a crease or banding ( after I find a way to block light from getting in my windows or the sun go down I have a better idea)

I have no complaints about US Appliance other then the white glove shipping turn out to be a complete waste of money but that could be the fault of the shipping company. When the guy got here he dropped it off in the room of choice then was ready to leave. Of course I made him wait till I open the box and got him to help me lift the tv on to the stand but I was under the impression that was suppose to be included in white glove shipping and that I should not have had to ask. I properly could have gotten the same service from the free shipping by offering a $20-40 to the delivery guy instead of paying $90 to US appliance.
post #36 of 47 Old 02-17-2012, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:

I received my 65hx929 about a hour ago. It a November 2011 build. It appears brand new to me. I could not find anything that would make me believe otherwise.

TV looks great to me so far. only minor complaint I have is it a bit more reflective then I was expecting but that easily fixable by getting better curtains in my family room.

I see no sign of a crease or banding ( after I find a way to block light from getting in my windows or the sun go down I have a better idea)

I have no complaints about US Appliance other then the white glove shipping turn out to be a complete waste of money but that could be the fault of the shipping company. When the guy got here he dropped it off in the room of choice then was ready to leave. Of course I made him wait till I open the box and got him to help me lift the tv on to the stand but I was under the impression that was suppose to be included in white glove shipping and that I should not have had to ask. I properly could have gotten the same service from the free shipping by offering a $20-40 to the delivery guy instead of paying $90 to US appliance.

Sounds great! Definitely email and let US Appliance know about your delivery experience. They may refund you part of the $90 fee.
post #37 of 47 Old 02-20-2012, 07:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks for the feedback. That's how they define a $90 "white glove" delivery? Wow. Gives me an idea of how not to use that type of service. Again thank you for the overall feedback on them.
post #38 of 47 Old 04-11-2012, 07:50 PM

Just picked up a new 55HX929 panel and love it. I missed the Magnolia sale, so I went directly to my local SONY store, and asked them if they would match the $2499 price, and they did!

Now fast forward two weeks, and all SONY resellers have the set priced at $3490 and above, including the online SONY store. The sales associate I purchased my set from told me that SONY was going to clamp down on their pricing policy, and they did.

I couldn't be happier with the unit. It replaces a nearly 10 year old 42" Panasonic plasma. The new sets are 1/2 the weight, so installation was a breeze.

I haven't noticed any of the banding issues. But, just in case, I purchased the 5 year extended service contract.

BTW, does anyone know if the PS3 has advantages over the XBOX 360 when hooking up to a new SONY television? Thinking of purchasing a game box now that I have a LCD.
post #39 of 47 Old 04-16-2012, 01:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
The PS3 has absolutely no advantage. Both consoles will perform well on it. So how do I get a good price on a 55HX929 now?
post #40 of 47 Old 04-17-2012, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PathofNeo View Post

The PS3 has absolutely no advantage. Both consoles will perform well on it. So how do I get a good price on a 55HX929 now?

It wouldn't hurt to go and try. Even though I knew the sale had ended at Best Buy, I went directly to my local SONY store and asked. I told them I would prefer to work directly with the manufacturer, and put more money back into SONY.

But, let me know. I didn't realize how fast the new sales policy would kick in. Maybe it has something to do with the new SONY strategy and their new CEO.
post #41 of 47 Old 04-18-2012, 10:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Do you think it's worth the current asking price?
post #42 of 47 Old 04-19-2012, 02:28 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by PathofNeo View Post

Do you think it's worth the current asking price?

what else current TV has better PQ than this in the same price range?
I'm aware only about Sharp Elite, but 2x more expensive

new LG, but will be avail Q3 or even Q4
new Panasonic WT50? to be seen, while DT50 didn't get good review ( response lag)

Sony Crystal full LED - just a hype to me than reality, not even sure it will be released

all those IMHO
post #43 of 47 Old 04-19-2012, 02:43 PM

Liked: 12
i will have the elite
post #44 of 47 Old 05-17-2012, 01:12 PM

post #45 of 47 Old 05-18-2012, 06:25 AM

There is an open box at my local best buy magnolia for $2299
post #46 of 47 Old 05-20-2012, 03:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Looking for 65 inch set or wait for 4k next year
post #47 of 47 Old 06-21-2012, 02:41 PM

will look for 65
Reply LCD Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

Tags
Sony Bravia Xbr55hx929 55 Inch 1080p 3d Local Dimming Led Hdtv With Built In Wi Fi Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page