The greatest Best Buy experience I have ever had! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 32 Old 01-31-2012, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just had the craziest experience at Best Buy and had to share it, I will try to make it short as possible. I bought U46d6900 with 2 pairs of 3-d glasses for $1299 plus the 4 year protection plan for $249, walked out the door right around $1660 yesterday.

Here's where it gets good. Went to Best Buy today to pick up an online order and they had the SAME tv listed for $1099 with 4 pairs of 3-d glasses. I immediately demanded a price match, which they were happy to give me. I used a coupon code through the rewards zone mobile deals, $130 gift card with any purchase of over $1000. Also, apparently since it was a price match they had to give me an extra 10% off.

I ended up walking out the door at $1260 for the UN46D6900 with the 4 year protection plan, 4 sets of 3-d glasses, and a $130 gift card!!!
I am beyond ecstatic, check your local Best Buy people, it is a great deal!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 Old 01-31-2012, 07:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by balla01 View Post

I just had the craziest experience at Best Buy and had to share it, I will try to make it short as possible. I bought U46d6900 with 2 pairs of 3-d glasses for $1299 plus the 4 year protection plan for $249, walked out the door right around $1660 yesterday.

Here's where it gets good. Went to Best Buy today to pick up an online order and they had the SAME tv listed for $1099 with 4 pairs of 3-d glasses. I immediately demanded a price match, which they were happy to give me. I used a coupon code through the rewards zone mobile deals, $130 gift card with any purchase of over $1000. Also, apparently since it was a price match they had to give me an extra 10% off.

I ended up walking out the door at $1260 for the UN46D6900 with the 4 year protection plan, 4 sets of 3-d glasses, and a $130 gift card!!!

and they still made a ton of money off of you...google why bb is doomed in the not so distant future.

Habit Forming....Wallet Burning Hobby....

64" Samsung F8500 Plasma
55" Samsung B8500 Full Array Lcd
Channel Master Dvr
Onkyo 818
Crown xls-2000
Sony Blu-Ray 790
Svs Ultra Towers/Center, Energy Rc-50 Surround
Svs Pb-13 Ultra Sub
post #3 of 32 Old 01-31-2012, 07:18 PM - Thread Starter

Ya I have read that they are going downhill. I don't care, I think I got one heck of a deal if you ask me!!
post #4 of 32 Old 01-31-2012, 07:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 243
I doubt BB is doomed. With tv's getting larger and larger, 70 inches will be small in a few years, most people are not going to go to Wally World and try to lug that tv home. Other still want to see it in person before shelling out thousands. And others do not want to see a pair of hairy knuckle doofs dropping it off at your door from a half baked delivery company under contract with Amazon or others.
post #5 of 32 Old 01-31-2012, 07:30 PM

Well as long as you are happy. I've only window show there.
post #6 of 32 Old 01-31-2012, 07:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I would be truly bummed if Best Buy went down,,,, I have have gotten some great deals and products from them over the years and have had nothing but positive experience's with BB.

I know some of you rag on BB and would not care if they went down,,, all I can say is be carefull what you wish for.

How would some of you BB haters like to ONLY be able to buy stuff online sight unseen or unheard,,, being able to go into a BB and really check out an item is a huge plus compared to a blind buy online.

And if you complain about the blue shirts giving you wrong info or advice then your the dumbass for not doing your homework on the item your looking at or buying.

And if you think BB will not match Amazon or other online prices then your sadly mistaken,,,,, most BB's will pricematch online prices if you know how to ask real nice.

Whenever I can, I buy from BB to support having a B&M I can go into and be able to check the stuff in person, hands on, that Im interested in buying,,,,, if ya dont support BB then they will go away and that will be bad for all of us in the end.

Ok,,,, Im done with my rant now (and no, I dont work for BB).

Cheers
Davyo
post #7 of 32 Old 01-31-2012, 07:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Ditto for my experience with local BB. I have had problems with products even after the return period has expired and they have exchanged the product for another.
Maybe we have BETTER BEST BUYS in Vegas!
post #8 of 32 Old 01-31-2012, 08:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Isn't Best Buy the last large nationwide consumer electronics chain left?
Comp US is gone, Circuit City is gone, OfficeMax, Office Depot cater to business and Walmart and Target sell everything and cheap but not much of a quality. I haven't been at BB for a while now but I would really hate to not have option to go there if I want to.
As far as sales people go - isn't there like a major conflict of interest? As a consumer I want to buy best product for least money, sales persons job is to sell mediocre products for highest amount. If I'm stupid enough to not do my homework and to rely on salesperson to educate me, whom should I blame? And I've been there as well, not to mention the fact that there is just too much info, too many products to remember and know it all.
It would be really bad thing for everybody if BB went out of business, if nothing else just for less competition.
post #9 of 32 Old 01-31-2012, 08:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 558
Hopefully now that I have moved I can find a good Best Buy, the old one I had dealt with was pure crap.

I already found several Gamestops in the area that are pretty nice to deal with so I have hope that Best Buy may be similar...

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #10 of 32 Old 01-31-2012, 09:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KONICA TECH View Post

Ditto for my experience with local BB. I have had problems with products even after the return period has expired and they have exchanged the product for another.
Maybe we have BETTER BEST BUYS in Vegas!

Agreed,,,, the local Vegas Best Buys rock !!!!!

Cheers
Davyo
post #11 of 32 Old 01-31-2012, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete4 View Post

Isn't Best Buy the last large nationwide consumer electronics chain left?
Comp US is gone, Circuit City is gone, OfficeMax, Office Depot cater to business and Walmart and Target sell everything and cheap but not much of a quality. I haven't been at BB for a while now but I would really hate to not have option to go there if I want to.
As far as sales people go - isn't there like a major conflict of interest? As a consumer I want to buy best product for least money, sales persons job is to sell mediocre products for highest amount. If I'm stupid enough to not do my homework and to rely on salesperson to educate me, whom should I blame? And I've been there as well, not to mention the fact that there is just too much info, too many products to remember and know it all.
It would be really bad thing for everybody if BB went out of business, if nothing else just for less competition.

Well , Frys is not nationwide, but they are a big B&M store doing well, competing with BB. And while going to BB for audio stuff is waste, certainly nt for TVs. Frys, on the other hand, has pretty good all round inventory, however, Customer Service is sometimes questionable

post #12 of 32 Old 01-31-2012, 11:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymalya View Post

Well , Frys is not nationwide, but they are a big B&M store doing well, competing with BB. And while going to BB for audio stuff is waste, certainly nt for TVs. Frys, on the other hand, has pretty good all round inventory, however, Customer Service is sometimes questionable

Sadly in Las Vegas Fry's is like buying from a car dealership,,, their commission sale's people can be a bit much to put it lightly,,, I have some real bad experience's with sale's people at my local Fry's.

Not too long ago while at Fry's looking at large flat screens, the saleman started telling me he had just what I needed,,, so for entertainment value I let him do his high pressure sale's pictch,,, he leads me to the very back of the store and is trying to sell me a new, but 2 year old DLP RPTV,, he's doing his whole used car salesman type BS about how much better DLP is over plasma or LCD,,,,, the real reason he's tring to sell me this big box of crap is because he make's way more money in commission of it than he would selling a flat screen (I know this for a fact),,,, it was very insulting and very funny at the same time,,,,, many of my other visits to Fry's have been about the same,,,,,,, I'll take BB over Fry's any day of the week !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by changyu57 View Post

70寸太大了,我家都没有合适的地方放它

Huh,,, not many of us here read Japanese ?

Cheers
Davyo
post #13 of 32 Old 01-31-2012, 11:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyongLaw View Post

I have have gotten some great deals and products from them over the years and have had nothing

Had nothing but a white square with a red X in the middle of it ?

Cheers
Davyo
post #14 of 32 Old 02-01-2012, 01:42 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Best Buy in Fresno is too inconsistent, I've had great and horrible experiences.

Went to store #1 and asked them to pricematch a Walmart in a different city (45 miles away)(not all Walmarts carry the same products)... and the first girl said it would be no problem and that they also price match Amazon. Went back later that night to get it, the girl was gone- talked to 2 guys and they said they only pricematch within 20 miles and that they never pricematch Amazon and they told me this was store policy at ALL stores.

I knew that was complete bullsht, so I went to store #2 (5 mins down the street) and asked if they would pricematch the Walmart 45 miles away and he said yeah no problem.

A week later, the Walmart TV went on sale for even cheaper, so I went back to Best Buy and asked if they would pricematch it and they acted shady (I could tell he didn't want to) and he got on the phone and called Walmart and came back to tell me they didn't have any more in stock. I must have had the last one in-stock on hold for me, because I had just called moments before to have it placed on hold in case BB wouldn't price match. I called them back on my cellphone and confirmed they had it on hold for me, and told the BB rep to talk to him. He told me he couldn't talk to him through my cellphone, LMAO. I told him to call them back then and he told me he wouldn't do it since they already called once.

So I went and got the same TV for $200 less from Walmart, and returned the BB one a week later. The BB worker I returned the TV to was super nice, and I told him I had purchased it for cheaper at Walmart which was why I was returning it, and he asked surprised why I didn't just come back to get a pricematch. I told him what happened and how they wouldn't call back a second time and he just said that was weird and if it had been him working he would have done it no problem.

So that's it, the 2 Best Buy stores in Fresno are way too inconsistent to get my money anymore. I've since gone back to store #1 and inquired about the LG 55" 5600 for a friend and they didn't have any on display for us to view, but he told me the 55LK520 they had on display would give the exact same picture. I had a good laugh and then left.

Another time, I purchased a Lenovo B570 (slickdeal) for $380 from Best Buy. I asked the rep if I could add more memory [just bs small talking] (it only had 1 4GB stick) and he told me no, I couldn't add any more. I knew he was wrong but I didn't even bother correcting him, I just ordered another 4Gb from newegg and now I have 8GB no problem.

So in the end, I could care less if the BB stores here went out of business. The sales staff are a joke that don't know jack, and they are just too inconsistent to get any more of my money from here on out. I would much rather buy from Sears or online.

Office - Onkyo 506, AV123 X-LS Encore Monitors
Living Room -Panasonic 60ST60, Onkyo 707, Ascend Acoustics Sierra-1 LCR
Car - Arc Audio Black 6.2; Arc Audio KS 2500.1, 300.4, 300.2; Audison BitOne; (2) Arc Audio Black 12 v2
post #15 of 32 Old 02-01-2012, 04:13 AM - Thread Starter

This thread has gone entirely off topic lol
post #16 of 32 Old 02-01-2012, 07:40 AM

Liked: 12
Best Buy can't match H.H. Greg's prices at all. When H.H. Greg has a sale, even internet retailers have a hard time matching. Customer service from both sucks though and would avoid both if prices weren't so good. Cruchfield.com is the best store overall, period. Their customer service is great and sales prices are hard to beat anywhere.
post #17 of 32 Old 02-01-2012, 07:54 AM
Blues In Thirds

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Like most of you, I've had good and bad experiences at BB. But I would have to say that just about any retailer these days. Part of it is that we the consumers are so picky and easy to piss off anymore [including me]. Secondly, the service is sometimes is not that great. All n all though, I think I would miss it if it weren't there. It's become a thing with me to stop in there and just look around. Of course I find something I just can't live without every once in awhile. It's a great place to hang out on a rainy Saturday afternoon or when the wife is out shopping with her friends. I like the internet like most folks but I dread the thought of purchasing EVERYTHING there.
post #18 of 32 Old 02-01-2012, 09:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 22
In some states (all?) there is a law that says if they lower the price on merchandise within a certain time, they HAVE to refund you the difference, if you ask, so they are just following the law.

Now however, YOU ARE OBLIGATED to keep it! Hope there is no blemish, bad pixels! ^)
post #19 of 32 Old 02-01-2012, 09:19 AM - Thread Starter

I've had my ups and downs with Best Buy, but to get this UN46D6900, with 4 pairs of glasses, and the 4 year warranty plan for $1280 is a pretty good deal in my opinion.
post #20 of 32 Old 02-01-2012, 10:59 AM

I never and dont know anyone that has ever gotten BB to price match anything online.
Those numbnuts barely wanted to price match circuit city or pc richard which were blocks away.

I dont want to see so many jobs lost or lose ability to see in person. But there inability or lack of desire to price match may end up screwing them.
post #21 of 32 Old 02-01-2012, 11:27 AM

I don't think they can price match everything. Middle men can't. They couldn't pay their bills. They are just another step between you and the original manufacturer.
post #22 of 32 Old 02-01-2012, 01:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 46
Most retailers, including BB, make the terms and conditions of their price matching policies available on their websites. It might not be a bad idea to print this out before going to the store to avoid confusion caused by poorly trained associates.

Steve S.
post #23 of 32 Old 02-02-2012, 05:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:

I just bought the same tv. Where did you get the code?

ISF Calibrator
Pioneer Kuro Elite Pro-111FD
Pioneer Kuro BDP-320
Samsung PN64F8500
Displays are like 100% cotton t-shirts. Always buy a size larger than you think you'll need, as they tend to shrink over time.
post #24 of 32 Old 02-02-2012, 06:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 108
I'll weigh in here - I'm a current Best Buy employee. As far as price matching goes, your experience will vary store to store, from associate to associate, manager to manager, because there are many things the official policy excludes - e.g. competitor's "online-only" prices, Amazon, etc, but technically are at the discretion of management to make the final call on whether we will or won't match it. I've personally matched Amazon many times, and matched online prices within reason - e.g. if it's a reputable online-only retailer and the item is not ridiculously below our cost. One good example of websites we usually won't match at our store is East Coast TV's - they have no retail presence, are not authorized dealers, and have a horrible return/exchange policy, not to mention they often sell at or below Best Buy's cost. I have tried to meet customers halfway between their pricing and our pricing before, however. It never hurts to try, but my only advice as a Best Buy associate is this - BE NICE!!! I can't tell you how many times I've had a belligerent customer approach me, talk down to me, etc. trying to get to match a price. It's always puzzled me why people asking for help or a favor are rude.

ht Panasonic 60" ZT60, Monitor Audio: Silver RX6, RX Centre, Silver RX1; Martinlogan Dynamo 700, Marantz SR5006, PS3, Oppo BDP-103D
2ch Sony KDL-32W650A, Sonus faber Toy Monitor, REL T3, Marantz PM8004, Sony BDP-S1000ES, JVC T-X3 tuner, Apple TV, Peachtree Audio DAC•iT, Sennheiser HD598
pc Monitor Audio Radius 90HD, Audioengine D1, FiiO A1
post #25 of 32 Old 02-02-2012, 07:24 PM

Well generally in the U.S. people are jerks...if people only knew their attitude can get them so much more. Especially dealing with people on a day to day basis.
post #26 of 32 Old 02-03-2012, 03:47 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsskid View Post

I just bought the same tv. Where did you get the code?

Text RZ to 332-211 that will give you a link to the code. If you don't mind me asking, what price did you pay and what did you get in your deal?
post #27 of 32 Old 02-03-2012, 05:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:

Text RZ to 332-211 that will give you a link to the code. If you don't mind me asking, what price did you pay and what did you get in your deal?

$1099 for the display and 4 pairs of glasses. And thanks for the code. I'm going to bring my receipt in today and see if they'll give it to me.

ISF Calibrator
Pioneer Kuro Elite Pro-111FD
Pioneer Kuro BDP-320
Samsung PN64F8500
Displays are like 100% cotton t-shirts. Always buy a size larger than you think you'll need, as they tend to shrink over time.
post #28 of 32 Old 02-03-2012, 05:28 AM - Thread Starter

You got the same deal as I did. I had to get mine price matched because I bought it the day before for $1299 and 2 pairs of glasses. I was super nice to the customer service girl who helped me, so she let me use the promo code that I mentioned above. Like mentioned previously, it's all about who you deal with and how you talk to them.
post #29 of 32 Old 02-03-2012, 07:17 AM

Liked: 12
That's a good price for sure. It really makes the Samsung competitive with the LG 47LW5600 that's sells for the same price of $1,100 with 4 pairs of 3D glasses. It's MSRP is $1,700. So top end sets with the glasses are really getting affordable thanks to discounts and price matching!
post #30 of 32 Old 02-03-2012, 07:53 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolMETAL View Post

That's a good price for sure. It really makes the Samsung competitive with the LG 47LW5600 that's sells for the same price of $1,100 with 4 pairs of 3D glasses. It's MSRP is $1,700. So top end sets with the glasses are really getting affordable thanks to discounts and price matching!

I couldn't believe the deal I got, I still smile thinking about it.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page