Sony KDL46HX820 for $999 at Fry's - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-04-2012, 09:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Picked up the Sony KDL46HX820 for $999 + tax at Fry's last night after my brand new Samsung UN46D7000 took a dump after less than a week. I took back the Samsung and got the Sony. Seems like a heck of a deal to me. Got it set up and it looks great so far without even going through and doing all the adjustments.

As of yesterday the price online was $2599, so it seems like this is in-store only.

Some salesmen at Fry's can be pretty sleazy. One guy at the Burbank store tried to sell me an obviously opened and returned D7000 box, with the orange return sticker ripped off, as new. He first said it had never been opened, then tried to pass off that it maybe was opened in the store, but was never bought and returned. Finally, I made him open the box, where (surprise, surprise) I found that everything inside had been opened and the plastic bags torn open. Obviously I didn't walk out of there with that one. Went to a different one and they had no problem pulling out a brand new one. If you know what you want and check carefully, and don't get sucked into the sleaze, you can sometimes find a good deal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-04-2012, 11:03 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Good deal. Yea sometimes you can get ripped off by the big compnies like Frys and BB. They r just interested in selling volume and dont really care about customer service. You dont have to be smart but you need to be a savy shopper and just as you said becareful.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page