Samsung UN60D8000 - $2799 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 02-12-2012, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
batman75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just bought the UN60D8000 for $2799 at Best Buy. It was at $3499, however they did a price match to the Tiger Direct Price.
batman75 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 Old 02-12-2012, 01:38 PM
Member
 
alxrmero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 144
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by batman75 View Post

I just bought the UN60D8000 for $2799 at Best Buy. It was at $3499, however they did a price match to the Tiger Direct Price.

I'm interested in buying one. Let us know how the PQ is, and if u have any severe clouding coming from any of the edges.
alxrmero is offline  
post #3 of 13 Old 02-17-2012, 05:23 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
batman75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Let me know if anyone sees a lower price?
batman75 is offline  
post #4 of 13 Old 02-17-2012, 06:13 PM
Senior Member
 
swolfcg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Diego, Ca
Posts: 402
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
It's $2,653.52 at Amazon, sold by a third party (Electronics Expo).

Now $2,619.63
swolfcg is offline  
post #5 of 13 Old 02-21-2012, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
batman75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by swolfcg View Post

It's $2,653.52 at Amazon, sold by a third party (Electronics Expo).

Now $2,619.63

I bought it from Best Buy for $2799 with 4% rewards zone points. A bit more expensive, but I got it quickly and have an easy return option if things don't work out.

So far the tv has been fantastic. Not perfect but excellent.
batman75 is offline  
post #6 of 13 Old 02-21-2012, 05:37 PM
Senior Member
 
balla01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 252
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I could be way off here, but I just paid $1787 for the 55" D8000. $1000 seems an awful lot to pay for just 5 more inches. Not sure if you have a Fry's near you, but they just had it on sale for $2399, came with a 3-d blu-ray player and glasses.
balla01 is offline  
post #7 of 13 Old 02-22-2012, 09:03 AM
Senior Member
 
swolfcg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Diego, Ca
Posts: 402
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by balla01 View Post

I could be way off here, but I just paid $1787 for the 55" D8000. $1000 seems an awful lot to pay for just 5 more inches. Not sure if you have a Fry's near you, but they just had it on sale for $2399, came with a 3-d blu-ray player and glasses.

Supply and demand. There is now a bigger demand for 60" tvs, and they are pricing that demand accordingly. 60" is actually about 20% bigger than 55", and yes I can tell the difference.

Whether or not paying that premium is worth it or not, is going to ultimately depend on the person.
swolfcg is offline  
post #8 of 13 Old 02-22-2012, 03:43 PM
Senior Member
 
balla01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 252
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by swolfcg View Post

Supply and demand. There is now a bigger demand for 60" tvs, and they are pricing that demand accordingly. 60" is actually about 20% bigger than 55", and yes I can tell the difference.

Whether or not paying that premium is worth it or not, is going to ultimately depend on the person.


To each is own, enjoy your purchase nonetheless, that's what it's really about.
balla01 is offline  
post #9 of 13 Old 02-25-2012, 10:49 AM
Senior Member
 
swolfcg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Diego, Ca
Posts: 402
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Just posted on SD:
Samsung UN60D8000 60 inch 3D LED TV ebay $2,199.00
Ebay has the Samsung UN60D8000 for $2,199.00+free shipping+no tax

Sold via Beach Camera

Link
swolfcg is offline  
post #10 of 13 Old 02-25-2012, 11:19 AM
Member
 
alxrmero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 144
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by swolfcg View Post

Just posted on SD:
Samsung UN60D8000 60 inch 3D LED TV ebay $2,199.00
Ebay has the Samsung UN60D8000 for $2,199.00+free shipping+no tax

Sold via Beach Camera

Link

That's a great deal, but I'm a little hesitant on the D8000. I've heard the Sony HX929 is an all around better TV, and that's the one I'm leaning towards, but at this price for a 60D8000 makes me think a little
alxrmero is offline  
post #11 of 13 Old 02-25-2012, 11:27 AM
Senior Member
 
swolfcg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Diego, Ca
Posts: 402
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by alxrmero View Post

That's a great deal, but I'm a little hesitant on the D8000. I've heard the Sony HX929 is an all around better TV, and that's the one I'm leaning towards, but at this price for a 60D8000 makes me think a little

If I went with a 2011 model Samsung it would be the 8000. It's the best looking tv I've seen. After months of deliberation, I decided to go with Sony for a list of reasons.

If you are leaning towards the HX929, be sure to read the owners thread. There has been some QA issues with that tv. The 55" HX929 was recently around $2100 at US appliance, but I think it sold out. This is a good time to buy a 2011 model, but the prices are both creeping up and sliding down, as they run out and make room for the 2012s. If you wait too long, you might miss the boat.

The 2011 Samsungs, in general, had QA issues across the board. At least with the first production.

Sony and Samsung have a altogether different look. And I'm not talking about the bezel and design. The colors and brightness are different, and Samsung's displays are just a tiny bit more reflective than Sony's.

If you did end up buying this tv from ebay, there aren't returns, so you would have to deal with Samsung directly if you have issues. Btw, if you find a better price at US appliance, Amazon will match it.
swolfcg is offline  
post #12 of 13 Old 02-25-2012, 11:34 AM
Member
 
alxrmero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 144
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by swolfcg View Post


If I went with a 2011 model Samsung it would be the 8000. It's the best looking tv I've seen. After months of deliberation, I decided to go with Sony for a list of reasons.

If you are leaning towards the HX929, be sure to read the owners thread. There has been some QA issues with that tv. The 55" HX929 was recently around $2100 at US appliance, but I think it sold out. This is a good time to buy a 2011 model, but the prices are both creeping up and sliding down, as they run out and make room for the 2012s. If you wait too long, you might miss the boat.

The 2011 Samsungs, in general, had QA issues across the board. At least with the first production.

Sony and Samsung have a altogether different look. And I'm not talking about the bezel and design. The colors and brightness are different, and Samsung's displays are just a tiny bit more reflective than Sony's.

If you did end up buying this tv from ebay, there aren't returns, so you would have to deal with Samsung directly if you have issues. Btw, if you find a better price at US appliance, Amazon will match it.

So u personally bought the 929 over the D8000. May I ask what made u purchase the Sony over the Samsung?
alxrmero is offline  
post #13 of 13 Old 02-25-2012, 11:42 AM
Senior Member
 
swolfcg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Diego, Ca
Posts: 402
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by alxrmero View Post

So u personally bought the 929 over the D8000. May I ask what made u purchase the Sony over the Samsung?

No I bought the NX720. The price is a bit inflated on the 929, especially with the issues I've heard about. It's fully backlit, and that's the only reason why it's so expensive.

However, if you plan to watch a lot of 3D, go for the HX929 or D8000.

If 3D isn't important, there isn't a big enough difference between the HX and NX720, to justify the cost. I've actually heard some HX929 owners, trading down to get the NX.

An AVS user posted this on the HX929 owners thread:

Well let me tell you what i did, i used to have a 65 920, actually i had 3, cause the retailer changed me the set 3 times, the first one had almost cero banding, but it had an issue with 3d (not important to especify the problem now), the second and third had more banding, so i asked for a refund and then i bought a 55 d8000 samsung, that tv has more problems that i could handle, banding, light bleed, not good blacks. Etc. so in the end i got a 55 920, this one has very few dse, trust me you cant see it unless you look for it, and even then is hard to see, some people say that after 100 hours it goes away, but i was like you, i used to notice banding lines in the 65 very easily. Yes i miss the size a bit but if you can move closer to the tv, you wont notice the diference. I prefer a smaller size tv with almost no problems and an amazing picture, than a bigger one with noticeable banding. My advice get rid of the 65 and get the 55, and like me, wait for oled (i bet a 65 version will hit the market in a couple of years, no more)."
swolfcg is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

Tags
Samsung Un60d8000 60 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off