Looking for a 55" - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 33 Old 03-06-2012, 07:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm still in the "not sure WHAT I want" mode.

My 47" was a Panasonic RP from 1999 or 2000, so it's been a while.

I set up a cardboard 55" tonight, and man does that look big in here. We are only 9-10 feet away from the TV. I know that is well within the accepted values, but like I said it looks huge! So size is the first thing to decide on.

I'd love a 51", but they only come in plasma it looks like, and I do some occasional gaming so I am afraid to get a plasma.

Looking at maybe the 55LK520 or the 47LK520 right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 Old 03-07-2012, 09:35 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by YardleyBill View Post

I'm still in the "not sure WHAT I want" mode.

My 47" was a Panasonic RP from 1999 or 2000, so it's been a while.

I set up a cardboard 55" tonight, and man does that look big in here. We are only 9-10 feet away from the TV. I know that is well within the accepted values, but like I said it looks huge! So size is the first thing to decide on.

I'd love a 51", but they only come in plasma it looks like, and I do some occasional gaming so I am afraid to get a plasma.

Looking at maybe the 55LK520 or the 47LK520 right now.

I also recently upgraded, and went from a 32" CRT to a 60" LED tv. I started off briefly wanting a 46", then 55" for the longest, and it eventually kept looking smaller in the year that I was looking. When I first got the 60", I thought this thing is huge and maybe too big. But I now think I made the right decision.

Good luck with your search. I would start reading reviews, owners threads, and looking at tvs. It's up to you, but I would get a clearanced top of the line 2011 model, over a new 2012. In any case, you might be waiting for awhile to see the 55" 2012s make an appearance in stores.
post #33 of 33 Old 03-07-2012, 09:43 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by swolfcg View Post

Good luck with your search. I would start reading reviews, owners threads, and looking at tvs. It's up to you, but I would get a clearanced top of the line 2011 model, over a new 2012. In any case, you might be waiting for awhile to see the 55" 2012s make an appearance in stores.

Thanks. I think I am actually going to *stop* reading stuff. Just the information on this site alone about IR is enough to put someone in an asylum. It happens. It doesn't happen. It shouldn't. Mine didn't. My friend's did. You're an idiot. And so on and so forth.

I think I might end up getting a 51" plasma for around the $500-$600 range. It's the size I want, and if it get destroyed in a few years, I won't be as crestfallen. (Or if one of my kids throws a sandwich at it or something.)

There are a few of them around ... I just have to hold out and hope. I definitely will go with the 2011 to get the best price. (Or settle for a Vizio or Insignia or Westinghouse.)
Reply LCD Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page