Online refurb sites for Samsung/others? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 04-07-2012, 09:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
A month or two ago, I ran across a thread which had some information about resale/refurb sites relating to Samsung. For the life of me, I can't find the thread. Can anyone recommend some good sites for refurb/old stock sales?

Our old Sony rear projection 46" is on it's last legs (takes forever to turn on, which it does once in awhile). I'm looking for either another 46" or maybe stepping up into the 55" range. A friend of ours has a 52" led about the same distance away from the couch as our is and I love his picture.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 04-07-2012, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pack66 View Post

A month or two ago, I ran across a thread which had some information about resale/refurb sites relating to Samsung. For the life of me, I can't find the thread. Can anyone recommend some good sites for refurb/old stock sales?

Our old Sony rear projection 46" is on it's last legs (takes forever to turn on, which it does once in awhile). I'm looking for either another 46" or maybe stepping up into the 55" range. A friend of ours has a 52" led about the same distance away from the couch as our is and I love his picture.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Amazon.com. Most of their used TVs are returns from peeps that are nit picky or change their mind. I believe you get the remainder of the manufacturers warrantee and 30 days to return if something goes wrong. I've heard that people get pretty much new TVs, just repackaged, from amazon.

Amazon is tax free, and free shipping. Much better than buying local.

Make sure the TV is sold by amazon and not a third party reseller as they have their own return policy's and might charge for return shipping and restocking fees.
post #3 of 11 Old 04-07-2012, 07:46 PM - Thread Starter

I'm familiar with Amazon, Newegg, ABT, Vanns and such. This site was particularly a Samsung reseller for refurbs...factory authorized as well. Just can't remember it.
post #4 of 11 Old 04-08-2012, 09:02 AM

Quote:

I'm familiar with Amazon, Newegg, ABT, Vanns and such. This site was particularly a Samsung reseller for refurbs...factory authorized as well. Just can't remember it.

I'm not sure what you are asking for in your posts??? If you are asking about a specific refurb retailer but don't remember the name, not sure anyone can help you.

I would go with Amazon as its Tax free and has a great return policy. Refurb doesn't mean much when getting a tv, I'm pretty sure it's not sent back to the factory so it can be gone over with a fine tooth comb. The testing most likely done by a 3rd party contractor and consists of turning on TV and going through the customers complaints and functions to make sure it works properly. Highly doubt they replace panels or anything on them, it would prob be cheaper to scrap it then have a new panel installed. Pay the little extra for Amazon's peace of mind.
post #5 of 11 Old 04-08-2012, 02:41 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I'm asking as the site had some good deals and several members had dealt with them. I've had some really good luck with refurbs, as long as you stick to sites that have a good reputation. I think it might be bigoutlet.com, but I'm not sure.
post #6 of 11 Old 04-08-2012, 03:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:

Well, I'm asking as the site had some good deals and several members had dealt with them. I've had some really good luck with refurbs, as long as you stick to sites that have a good reputation. I think it might be bigoutlet.com, but I'm not sure.

Wow, I just looked on their website and they actually have factory refurbished 3-year-old 55" Samsungs that they are selling for about $480 less than a brand-new out of the box current model. Better jump right on that!!
post #7 of 11 Old 04-08-2012, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter

I noticed some were older. The UN46D6000 is only a year old though. How about offering something constructive, boiler.
post #8 of 11 Old 04-08-2012, 08:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
That's probably Jim's way of saying buyer beware. The majority of flat panels listed as refurbs, especially edge lit, are most likely displays that were returned because the screen uniformity was horrendous and you will just end up with someones else's previous problem.
post #9 of 11 Old 04-09-2012, 08:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:

I noticed some were older. The UN46D6000 is only a year old though. How about offering something constructive, boiler.

topr hit the nail on the head. I did not see the 46D6000, but rather the 55B7000 which is what you said that you were considering stepping up to. It's your money and your choice, so do what you want to do.
post #10 of 11 Old 04-09-2012, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter

Fair enough. Thanks for the replies.
post #11 of 11 Old 05-01-2012, 02:32 PM

Searsoutlet usually has some good prices but most require store pick up no delivery.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page