Sharp LC60LE847U Pricing... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-04-2012, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
How good is $1550 Free shipping? Also thinking about the Panny Plasma 60ST50 for $1500. Whats the BEST TV for the deal. I have never tried LED but have Panny Plasma's. Was thinking of mixing it up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-05-2012, 06:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 19
the 847 is an edgelit led. you will see edge lighting artifacts. the questions will be how distracting are they for you, when do you see them and can you live with it. These sets have varying degrees of motion artifacts also. there the question will be how sensitive are you to them. the panny st50 will have neither of these issues. For me, in that size, I'd choose the panny.
post #3 of 4 Old 09-28-2012, 10:28 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Would love to see this come back down to the $1500 range...
post #4 of 4 Old 10-02-2012, 12:41 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by greeno View Post

the 847 is an edgelit led. you will see edge lighting artifacts. the questions will be how distracting are they for you, when do you see them and can you live with it. These sets have varying degrees of motion artifacts also. there the question will be how sensitive are you to them. the panny st50 will have neither of these issues. For me, in that size, I'd choose the panny.

I just bought the sharp-lc70le8470u and the edgelit does not bother me at all because it is very minimal on my set. I watch mostly sports on the tv and with the correct settings don't see motion artifacts. I know these issues vary with each user but I think some people simply are looking for these things. There is no perfect tv set out there and I ask why stare at a tv with an all black screen and look for the edgelit issue. While watching tv programs the edgelit issue in my opinion is not noticeable. As you stated, these issues vary with people and the final decision comes down to if they affect the individual.
Another big factor is how many people in the house will be using the tv and will others be bothered by any issues. Definitely a tough decision as both have 3D and other similar features. If I were buying a 60" set it would have been a tough decision. I went with the Sharp because I wanted a 70" tv and in this size and price range there are not any plasma tvs to choose from. With plasmas there is the issue with glare, DSE and burn in.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

Tags
Sharp Aquos Lc60le847u 60 Inch 1080p 240hz 3d 1080p Led Lcd Tv
Gear in this thread - Lc60le847u by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page