Samsung UN55EH6070F - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 08-12-2012, 09:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just bought a new Samsung UN55EH6070F at Best Buy. It came as a bundle with a Samsung 3D BD Player and 2 pair of 3D glasses. I have a 3 year old LN52A550 that I have been very happy with. I enhanced the settings for the LN52A550 in both Standard and Movie Modes from perusing the AVS Forum.

I have not found a thread for my Samsung UN55EH6070F yet. I think that it has only been on the market a few months.

Does anyone know where I can find calibration settings for this LED?

Thank you in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 08-13-2012, 06:47 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjgriz View Post

I just bought a new Samsung UN55EH6070F at Best Buy. It came as a bundle with a Samsung 3D BD Player and 2 pair of 3D glasses. I have a 3 year old LN52A550 that I have been very happy with. I enhanced the settings for the LN52A550 in both Standard and Movie Modes from perusing the AVS Forum.
I have not found a thread for my Samsung UN55EH6070F yet. I think that it has only been on the market a few months.
Does anyone know where I can find calibration settings for this LED?
Thank you in advance.

Try www.LCDTVBuyingGuide.com or www.cnet.com. I wouldn't use someone else's settings though as you have to factor in lighting/darkness of their living room or theatre that probably won't be the same as yours. I've seen this deal at my local Best Buy and can't find any reviews on it. How's it working for you? Is it full-array or edge-lit? How's the 3-D and is it active or passive 3-D? I had an EH6000 last month but I took it back because it had a strange purple/violet undertone to it. The greys, blacks, and whites looked more on the purplish side. How do the colors look on your EH6070?
post #3 of 10 Old 08-15-2012, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Sullins View Post

Try www.LCDTVBuyingGuide.com or www.cnet.com. I wouldn't use someone else's settings though as you have to factor in lighting/darkness of their living room or theatre that probably won't be the same as yours. I've seen this deal at my local Best Buy and can't find any reviews on it. How's it working for you? Is it full-array or edge-lit? How's the 3-D and is it active or passive 3-D? I had an EH6000 last month but I took it back because it had a strange purple/violet undertone to it. The greys, blacks, and whites looked more on the purplish side. How do the colors look on your EH6070?

Thanks a lot, Justin!

In answer to your question, it is an edge-lit LED. The 3D is active 3D.

The colors look good with no undertones. I'm a little disappointed with the motion blur. It's not terrible, but I watch a lot of sports, mostly baseball and football. I think that it will handle those sports alright. During the Olympics it was noticeable on Track, Swimming and Diving. For the price, I think it's a great deal, but I don't claim to be a Videophile.

I'm curious, what is edge-lit and full-array? Is one better than the other? What are the pluses and minuses

Thanks again, Justin! I appreciate the reply!
post #4 of 10 Old 08-15-2012, 07:44 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjgriz View Post

Thanks a lot, Justin!
In answer to your question, it is an edge-lit LED. The 3D is active 3D.
The colors look good with no undertones. I'm a little disappointed with the motion blur. It's not terrible, but I watch a lot of sports, mostly baseball and football. I think that it will handle those sports alright. During the Olympics it was noticeable on Track, Swimming and Diving. For the price, I think it's a great deal, but I don't claim to be a Videophile.
I'm curious, what is edge-lit and full-array? Is one better than the other? What are the pluses and minuses
Thanks again, Justin! I appreciate the reply!

Full-array is better in regards to screen-uniformity and typically have a better black level. With full-array, the LEDs are behind the screen and generally the screen is more unifromly lit with no light issues . Obviously the edge-lit tvs are lined up along the edge and cause backlight-bleed (light from the led coming through on the screen) and flashlighting from the four corners of the tv. Not all edge-lit tvs experience flashlighting and backlight-bleed but those tvs can get pretty pricey. I believe the 6070 is a direct-lit LED tv. Not exactly full-array but not edge-lit either. I'm glad you're happy with the 6070.
post #5 of 10 Old 11-25-2012, 06:43 AM

From the Samsung website it's "LED Hard Bundle", whatever that is.
post #6 of 10 Old 12-12-2012, 11:01 AM

I have owned this set since June. No luck in finding any credible calibration info. Some guy on Amazon claims he used the Disney WoW calibration disc and ended up running his backlight at 18 and contrast at 100. I can't see why. For 3d viewing I go with 15 and 95. Everything else I run between 9-12 on the backlight and 91 on contrast. I have used the THX optimizer but that doesn't help me much. Further I run brightness around 41-44, sharpness 35, and color at 54. I use cool for color temp and put the static gamma at -1. Everything else I turn off. This works pretty good in my dim to darkly lit theater room. I've been using the white balance settings for a eh6000 listed on lcdbuyingguide. I'm curious what settings you run?
post #7 of 10 Old 02-22-2013, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTPCcloud View Post

From the Samsung website it's "LED Hard Bundle", whatever that is.

It means that the bluray player and glasses can not be seperated from the TV bundle as they all come in one box. From time to time you get a free bd player with purchase of Samsung tv's. a hard bundle is a hardware bundle that cant be broken down prior to purchase.
post #8 of 10 Old 02-22-2013, 04:25 AM

There really doesn't seem to be to much on the net regarding this unit other than purchasing it. I just bought mine Feb 16th on clearance new in box for $771 + tax (almost $850) I didn't really need the BD player but it was a nice bonus I suppose. So far no problems at all, updated the firmware to latest (001011) after opening. The one thing that blows my mind is that the TV lacks anynet+ and BD Wise considering it came with a samsung BD player its pretty ignorant to be lacking this feature(samsung owns the tech so no licensing issues held it back, its software and could be given to us via a FW update) I am happy with my purchase just let down entirely by the lack of Anynet+. Also since the Bluray player has wifi and the tv doesn't it would be nice if it could share the signal with the tv, I know the online features of the tv are slim but still would make FW updates and the Explore 3D feature much easier to use. I have had this unit for one week with no issues yet, any issues/regrets any of you all have had? Thanks in advance.
post #9 of 10 Old 02-22-2013, 05:12 PM

I love mine at times but really struggle with calibration. I like the way hd programs look via Netflix and Amazon. I stream thru my ps3 for those services. The 6070's hdmi black setting can be changed when using the ps3. The hdmi black is locked in on normal when I use my blu ray player. It is a never ending struggle for me to calibrate the 6070 for optimal blu ray enjoyment. Perhaps I'm just ocd about picture quality? Just can't seem to get it dialed in for good, consistent, performance. I have used the Disney Wow bd calibration disc but the results are not much better. It is useful for setting color/tint/hue. I had Star Trek Next Gen bd looking proper but then switched to Game of Thrones bd and it was painful. Alot of ghosting/twitching. Not any better or worse when I switched from my Panasonic dmp-bd220 to the Sony. Aside from typical lcd issues I wonder if the 6070 can adequately display 24p content? It appears better when I disable 24p playback on my bd player. My jury is still out on this though.
post #10 of 10 Old 05-15-2013, 07:42 AM

Liked: 11

What use are the A, B, C, D. buttons used for?  I cannot find anything about them in the manual, but perhaps I missed it.

TIA

Reply LCD Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page