Black Friday ---- LG 55LM7600 (any luck?) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 11-24-2012, 01:26 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 689 Post(s)
Liked: 951

Ok, this is interesting. Starting today (BF) of all days the LG 55LM7600 prices from various vendors are lackluster.

Or perhaps Bestbuy/Sears et. al. are following Amazon's pricing, and Amazon exhausted their own supply?

Anyone have any luck with finding this set?

Java developers, when I saw what has been placed into Java 8 I was immediately reminded of how I've spent so much of my life trying to protect engineers from themselves. Lambda expressions are a horrible idea. Gentlemen: the goal isn't to make code readable for a competent mid-level engineer. The goal is to make code readable for a competent mid-level engineer exhausted and hopped up on caffeine at 3 am. What a disaster Java 8 is!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 11:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post

Ok, this is interesting. Starting today (BF) of all days the LG 55LM7600 prices from various vendors are lackluster.
Or perhaps Bestbuy/Sears et. al. are following Amazon's pricing, and Amazon exhausted their own supply?
Anyone have any luck with finding this set?

...same thing happened last year with the predecessor model 55LW6500, otherwise I would own an LG by now. By Black Friday last year the 55LW6500 price was on the way up, not down. Shortly thereafter it was hard to get one <$1600+. I of course have no way to know if history will repeat itself. But now I got a 55ST50 instead this year. But I still think the passive 3D is great feature.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:32 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTBill View Post

...same thing happened last year with the predecessor model 55LW6500, otherwise I would own an LG by now. By Black Friday last year the 55LW6500 price was on the way up, not down. Shortly thereafter it was hard to get one <$1600+. I of course have no way to know if history will repeat itself. But now I got a 55ST50 instead this year. But I still think the passive 3D is great feature.

Yeah, *ka-boing*, they're all back up. BB too. To be expected----they can't tumble the prices again later unless they're absurdly priced now. Black Friday doesn't seem as impressive this year. I'm sure the prices will tumble again. Personally though, I'm fine with it. It's a real blessing in disguise for me: everywhere I looked, I hated every display. Just not impressive to me. I'm absurdly impatient with display technology.

Java developers, when I saw what has been placed into Java 8 I was immediately reminded of how I've spent so much of my life trying to protect engineers from themselves. Lambda expressions are a horrible idea. Gentlemen: the goal isn't to make code readable for a competent mid-level engineer. The goal is to make code readable for a competent mid-level engineer exhausted and hopped up on caffeine at 3 am. What a disaster Java 8 is!
Old 11-26-2012, 12:15 PM
Old 11-26-2012, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I'm not sure why they don't do this, but Amazon should really have a "sort by % discount" option for their search results.

Old 11-28-2012, 07:28 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I'm guessing they are probably pricing TV's based on the number of times their pages have been loaded (checked).