What's the best 32" LCD TV? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 11-28-2012, 08:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
32" class is basically the biggest size I can have in my bedroom. Looking to spend $300 or less.

I got the Vizio e32i-AO and it broke the next day, so I took it back for a refund.

Did I just get a bad egg? Is the Vizio considered a top set? I liked it because of the CNET reviews. Since then I've picked up a Netgear streaming box so having the apps is not so necessary anymore.

Suggestions? Should I wait until after the holidays for more price breaks? refurbs?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-30-2012, 06:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Seligman View Post

32" class is basically the biggest size I can have in my bedroom. Looking to spend $300 or less.
I got the Vizio e32i-AO and it broke the next day, so I took it back for a refund.
Did I just get a bad egg? Is the Vizio considered a top set? I liked it because of the CNET reviews. Since then I've picked up a Netgear streaming box so having the apps is not so necessary anymore.
Suggestions? Should I wait until after the holidays for more price breaks? refurbs?

Just read an article on the prices of TVs and late January is the best prices of the year due to stores trying to move extra stock from the holidays and since many manufacturers start to bring out new models in the spring.

As for 32" sets, I have had a Sony, Toshiba, Philips, Vizio and Insignia in my house and the Sony was the best, but most expensive. I ended up taking it back given the price difference between it and the Toshiba I kept. I am also good with the Insignias (Best Buy store brand) and have bought a couple for gifts.

Keep a lookout for some of the 27" sets that have the really thin bezels and you may be able to go to a 37 instead of a 32, I did. In fact the 37 was a bit smaller than most of the 32s I have.

Living the HT Dream...now in 4D.
post #3 of 6 Old 12-01-2012, 12:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Late January through Superbowl weekend is often a very good time to get good prices on TVs.
post #4 of 6 Old 12-04-2012, 11:22 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrimore View Post

Keep a lookout for some of the 27" sets that have the really thin bezels and you may be able to go to a 37 instead of a 32, I did. In fact the 37 was a bit smaller than most of the 32s I have.

If you don't mind me asking, which model was it? We are looking for a tv for our bedroom, but it has to fit inside the armoire. Thanks.

post #5 of 6 Old 12-04-2012, 12:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwareMe View Post

If you don't mind me asking, which model was it? We are looking for a tv for our bedroom, but it has to fit inside the armoire. Thanks.

My 37" set is actually a couple of years old and the Insignia model numbers are about a foot long and change often. Right now, the best I have seen is an Insignia and a Toshiba that come in at 39" (38.5 viewable) and are just a tad less than 35" wide. On the other hand, my 37" set is 35.25" wide and most of my 32" sets are at least 34" wide. Height is not an issue for me, but most are 24" or so high including the stand.

Living the HT Dream...now in 4D.
post #6 of 6 Old 12-06-2012, 07:03 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Seligman View Post

I have one too and had it for a couple of weeks. Bought on amazon for $288. Its pretty good and doesn't have any issue, yet. Off angle viewing distorts colors a bit, but its a bedroom TV, so i dont really care that much.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page