Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by venus933 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by garthpro View Post

Somebody on here said that BestBuy would price match? Does anyone know of this policy? Even if I paid the tax on top of a price match, it would still be cheaper than the upsell insurance, wrty, white glove, etc etc.
Sure would trump all the questionable moves by AllTime if I could walk out of BB with a 55" that day vs waiting games.

Not sure where or how Bluemustang got BestBuy to price match, but I just read all their policies and there is no way they are going to to price match an online only like we are discussing. 

In most cases BB will price match legitimate online retailers like Amazon. The way the game is played right now they usually have the same price in the first place. Obviously BB is not going to price match a retailer like AllTimeTVs. For one thing the online price advertised by AllTimeTVs is not the price you're going to end up paying for as you alluded to. Second, BB has a much better return policy. So it's not fair to expect BB to price match them.

Up to the sales manager (or whomever it is on the other end of their magic phone that they talk into before telling me yes or no to stuff).  BB has a list of vendors that they'll pricematch on their website.  I've posted the link elsewhere before.  But there have been people here saying that they've been lucky on occasion getting them to pricematch various holes-in-the-wall companies.  I'm sure it also has to do with how slowly a particular model may be moving.

garthpro likes this.

WARNING: You have now entered a no @#$%tard zone. Please gather your anti-vaccine propaganda nonsense and slowly back out the way you came in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 164 Old 11-24-2013, 11:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I did contact sharp before I bought from them and was told that they would honor the warranty as long as the set was bought new and there is a serial number
post #93 of 164 Old 11-25-2013, 12:20 PM

Liked: 10
I submitted an order for Samsung TV from East Coast TV and they called for another 3% shipping insurance fee and I kept saying No and either cancel my order or no to insurance fee. He was not happy about my refusal to budge and now, I will wait and see if the unit arrived in good shape. Worst case, I refuse the shipment if the box has been damage(s).
post #94 of 164 Old 11-26-2013, 11:20 AM

Liked: 14
just ordered the panasonic p60st60 for $1468 + 90 insurance = $1558 no tax...

mike from alltimetv said 7-10 business days...wanted the 65 but he said 60 is good enough and for a lot less money...tried to upsell the warranty but told him AMEX will double it...now just the wait and hope that there are no surprises...
post #95 of 164 Old 11-26-2013, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by kcaputo View Post

well I read all the posts about people having a hassle free experience I decided to give it a try. called 8 days ago and ordered a sharp 90 inch from david at all time. went through the usual sales pitch just kept saying no thank you and paid for the tv, insurance and white glove delivery. (1100.00 less than amazon 1700.00 less than best buy) I never was able to get a tracking number from them and I must have called 4 or 5 times, they just kept telling me that the tv had shipped. got a call yesterday from the trucking company that they could deliver today and I agreed. when the guy called to confirm today he said that he was alone and that they would only drop it curbside, no in house even though that is what is stated on the bill of sale. he also said that I could not unbox it to check for hidden damage. I explained to him that this was there policy and I would not accept it if that was not allowed. I tried calling all time but of course they close early on Fridays. I rejected the shipment and immediately called my credit card company to advise of what had transpired. I did charge back but they assured me that if the merchant don't make good I will have no problem. I hope they will straighten this out. they rave about there customer service but so far I have not seen that. I will keep you posted

well here we are 5 days later and they still can not figure out how to provide white glove service to me and get my tv delivered. the shipper is R&L carriers and they claim they do not do white glove even though it says they do on their website.I keep refusing tailgate delivery and keep reading them their policy on how I must inspect the tv before signing. in the meantime my tv sits in some warehouse in florida while they try to figure it out.
got a call today from another shipper that will pick up my tv and deliver to me beginning of next week. In all fairness to all time I believe that they are trying to do the right thing but it is the *******s at R&L that ignored the white glove request on the shipping label. I looked up this carrier and have found many deceptive practices written about them. my advice is make them play by the rules they set up. inspect and don't sign until you are satisfied. I already told them that if my tv is not flawless when it gets here that I will send it back.
hopefully next week I will have a TV
post #96 of 164 Old 11-26-2013, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcaputo View Post

Originally Posted by kcaputo View Post

well I read all the posts about people having a hassle free experience I decided to give it a try. called 8 days ago and ordered a sharp 90 inch from david at all time. went through the usual sales pitch just kept saying no thank you and paid for the tv, insurance and white glove delivery. (1100.00 less than amazon 1700.00 less than best buy) I never was able to get a tracking number from them and I must have called 4 or 5 times, they just kept telling me that the tv had shipped. got a call yesterday from the trucking company that they could deliver today and I agreed. when the guy called to confirm today he said that he was alone and that they would only drop it curbside, no in house even though that is what is stated on the bill of sale. he also said that I could not unbox it to check for hidden damage. I explained to him that this was there policy and I would not accept it if that was not allowed. I tried calling all time but of course they close early on Fridays. I rejected the shipment and immediately called my credit card company to advise of what had transpired. I did charge back but they assured me that if the merchant don't make good I will have no problem. I hope they will straighten this out. they rave about there customer service but so far I have not seen that. I will keep you posted

well here we are 5 days later and they still can not figure out how to provide white glove service to me and get my tv delivered. the shipper is R&L carriers and they claim they do not do white glove even though it says they do on their website.I keep refusing tailgate delivery and keep reading them their policy on how I must inspect the tv before signing. in the meantime my tv sits in some warehouse in florida while they try to figure it out.
got a call today from another shipper that will pick up my tv and deliver to me beginning of next week. In all fairness to all time I believe that they are trying to do the right thing but it is the *******s at R&L that ignored the white glove request on the shipping label. I looked up this carrier and have found many deceptive practices written about them. my advice is make them play by the rules they set up. inspect and don't sign until you are satisfied. I already told them that if my tv is not flawless when it gets here that I will send it back.
hopefully next week I will have a TV

Thanks for posting your experience

I have my delivery scheduled tomorrow through AMTrucking and so far I have read good things about their delivery. I will be prepared to test the TV before accepting it.

post #97 of 164 Old 11-27-2013, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by archangel25 View Post

I finally placed the order with Alltime for Samsung UN60F8000. And man they are fast. 

I have read about them all over the place but still bought from them just because the price difference was too much to ignore. I got this TV for a total of $2020 (Shipping & Insurance Included).

Just talked with David form their sales team, although he tried to sell me Warranty, Mount and Cable but due to the various posts at AVS I managed to escape them all.

Surprisingly within few hours I have my tracking no from AM Trucking for my TV.

I also have been thinking of my plans in case I need to return / repair the unit

a) Manufacturer's Warranty

b) buySafe Program

c) My Credit Card protection (Purchase and return)

d) Am planning to buy Square trade protection for 4 years (Hopefully that should give peace of mind)

Now can anyone guide me what can I test once the TV arrives before signing the delivery form? I am pretty new to LED / 3D TVs. And What is Disney WoW ?

Finally received my TV from AlltimeTV. And I must say my order was handled professionally. I am summarizing my experience below

1) Order Placed  - 14 Nov  - TV Cost                              = $1870  (after all of the coupon)

2) Shipped         - 18 Nov  - Shipping & Insurance Cost   = $150    (Total Cost $2020) - I said NO to everything they tried to sell me

3) Insurance       - 20 Nov  - SquareTrade  - 4 Years       = $170    (Final Total = $2190)

4) Delivered        - 27 Nov  - AM Trucking - Two guys came in - Unpacked the TV - Plugged in - Ask me to verify - All done in 15 Mins -  Everything was factory sealed

5) Registration    - 27 Nov  - Registered my TV on Samsung and received 15 Months Warranty

I must say this forum helped a lot for making this purchase and being ready for the upsell call. With all the savings I already ordered Blu Ray burner, player and 3D movies. I am really happy that all things are in place before the holidays. Here's one of the pic

post #98 of 164 Old 11-27-2013, 08:56 PM

Liked: 14
hey arch, i am so happy everything worked out for you...congratz...biggrin.gif

i also had my tv shipped yesterday and i have am trucking...now this is suppose to be white glove but i was told by mike at alltime that all it is the guys just open the box and plug it in to make sure the tv works...

so maybe i can give the guys a $20 tip to put the tv on the stand, replace the old tv and move that in the bedroom, roll the rear projection tv in the bedroom to the patio...shouldn't take more than ten minutes...sounds about right?...
archangel25 likes this.
post #99 of 164 Old 11-27-2013, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa View Post

hey arch, i am so happy everything worked out for you...congratz...biggrin.gif

i also had my tv shipped yesterday and i have am trucking...now this is suppose to be white glove but i was told by mike at alltime that all it is the guys just open the box and plug it in to make sure the tv works...

so maybe i can give the guys a $20 tip to put the tv on the stand, replace the old tv and move that in the bedroom, roll the rear projection tv in the bedroom to the patio...shouldn't take more than ten minutes...sounds about right?...

Yeah, actually the delivery guys did asked for $30 to set the TV for me, but I was so excited to see it in my living room I just wanted to latch on it right away and I prefer to configure my electronics myself.

post #100 of 164 Old 11-27-2013, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invariantloop View Post

The reason these small time online stores are able to price products like these HDTVs so low is because they are not authorized sellers and Samsung or any other company does not cover the warranties. At least that's why the local PC Richards rep told me. Sometimes these products that they sell are re-packaged new condition products.
It would be nice if someone that bought a TV from alltimetvs went to register their TV on the Samsung website and tell us if the registration went through or if the serial was no covered under the manufacturer warranty.

I can confirm that the TV I received is brand new, all packaging in pristine condition. Also I registered the TV at Samsung and was offered 15 Month Warranty. I was even able to know the date of manufacture for the TV it was 10/31/2013. 

post #101 of 164 Old 12-09-2013, 03:01 PM

Bought a 70 inch tv that said free shipping. Was later contacted by them and they informed me there was shipping insurance I was responsible for over 100 dollars. I received the tv in just a few days ( quick shipper) however when I received it I was very unhappy with the performance of the tv. I called them in just a couple of days to discuss my options. They have a no return policy on televisions so I was informed. Other companies you have a 30 day return policy.
post #102 of 164 Old 12-11-2013, 04:51 AM

I just wanted to update my experience. the shipping company really screwed this up big time, no white glove and then they would not release the set,all kinds of problems with this r&l shippers down here in florida. the owner Louis from all time bought the lot of these tvs down here in florida and he thought that it would be faster to ship directly from down here instead of shipping back to new York and then again to florida using the companys he normally uses. long story short all time really did nothing wrong and the owner called me everyday to keep me posted then he called when I received the set and the next day to make sure I was satisfied. it took awhile to get but I am very pleased with all time service and pricing and if you know what you want they are the place to go to save serious cash
post #103 of 164 Old 12-20-2013, 09:23 PM

I just bought Nikon D7000 body from AllTimeTV and it  is defective -- won't read a memory card. The receipt claims it is new, not reconditioned. I became suspicions when they called me the day after I purchased online, attempting to sell me every extra in the book -- batteries, lenses, cards, straps etc. 

The sales guy could not tell me if the package was grey market, included a printed instruction manual, a strap, or anything else.

I returned the camera to Nikon. They are respecting the warranty but oddly are waiting for "parts" rather than replace the whole thing.

Don't deal with this company.

post #104 of 164 Old 01-02-2014, 06:38 AM

I said I would update once I ordered.  WELL, on Cyber Monday Tiger Direct dropped the price of the unit (SAMSUNG UN55F7500) to 1690ish. vs the 1450 at Alltime. Tiger also had FREE SHIPPING and a $50 coupon if I used VMe and a couple other discounts got me to within about $50 of the alltime price.  Figured the hassle was worth 50$ of my time NOT SPENT saying NO to the alltime hustles.

TV is great. Voice command and hand wave features are clunky, but remote works great.

post #105 of 164 Old 01-03-2014, 09:45 AM

Did you ever resolve the cost differences over the model numbers.  I purchased the 60 inch with the same experience a $200 price increase.

post #106 of 164 Old 01-04-2014, 10:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburns1 View Post

Did you ever resolve the cost differences over the model numbers.  I purchased the 60 inch with the same experience a $200 price increase.
Why would Samsung make 2 8000 series TV's, one that is firmware upgradable and one that is not. That is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard. Do you really think that Samsung would make a version of their flagship TV that cannot take a software upgrade?

Customer: Hi, I want the Samsung F8000 TV.

Salesman: Do you want the upgradable one?

Customer: What's the difference?

Salesman: One cannot accept upgradable firmware.

Customer: What does that mean? If Samsung pushes a software fix for their TV I will not be able to receive it?

Salesman: Yup, that's correct.

Customer: So in the settings menu there will not be an option to update the software? This TV will have a different settings menu that the other one? Even the cheapest Samsung TV with wifi can update it's software. Why wouldn't the F8000 flagship not be able to? What about through USB? Is it a US version of the TV?

Salesman: You ask to many questions. Go buy the TV from Amazon. Click

Customer: Thanks, I would rather spend a few more dollars then deal with this B.S.....Hello? Hello? Anyone there.

Customer goes on Amazon and orders the TV in 5 minutes. Shows up 4 days later. Has a problem with the TV a week later. Amazon ships a new one and takes the old back. Amazon has a price drop, credits the customers account. The customer is a happy camper and what do you know, his TV just received a firmware update. lol
post #107 of 164 Old 01-04-2014, 12:31 PM
AVS Special Member

^what he said.

I get so angry when I read what these guys are trying.  I hope everyone here is honestly relaying this information; it seems consistently indicting.

WARNING: You have now entered a no @#$%tard zone. Please gather your anti-vaccine propaganda nonsense and slowly back out the way you came in.
post #108 of 164 Old 01-05-2014, 09:20 PM

I have used places like this in the past for tv's and everything was good but that was with Samsung TV's. Other manufactures will not even warranty if you do not buy from an authorized dealer (LG, Sharp). Samsung did for me. To some people it is not worth the hassle, but to some it is especially depending how much you save. Paid 1800 dollars for a 67inch dlp when it was going for 3000 at other sites. A sharp 90 inch goes for about 7500 on amazon versus around 5700 through "shady" sites. Now with tax on amazon that adds up quickly.
post #109 of 164 Old 01-10-2014, 07:39 PM

I TRIED THE ALLTIME Tvs to by a Sony a/v receiver, the STR-DA5800ES.  I ORDERED OVER THE INTERNET ON DEC. 22 FOR

1399.99. I CHECKED OFF A LITTLE BLOCK THAT WOULD GIVE ME AN ADDITIONAL $ 46, BUT IT WAS FOR

PAYMENT BY CASHIER CHECK. .  SO I'M BACK TO 1399.99. I PRINTED A COPY OF MY ORDER AND THEY CALLED 

ME WITHIN MINUTES. THIS SALESMAN TOLD ME OF THE $46 MISTAKE AND I AGREED IT WAS A MISTAKE. 

AFTER THAT , HE TRIED  TO SELL ME EXTENDED WARR,, WITCH I DECLINED, ALSO THEIR WEBSITE SHOWED

SEVERAL IN STOCK, BUT HE TOLD ME THEY WERE WAITING FOR SOME MORE AND IT WOULD BE 2 TO 3 WEEKS

FOR MORE TO COME IN. I SAID IT WAS OK. ACCORDING TO MY " ORDER", IT WOULD BE REVIEWED BY A SALES

COMMITTEE  ??, TO SEE IF I WAS GOOD ENOUGH TO SCAM. NOBODY CONTACTED ME IN VERBAL OR EMAIL. THEY  BILLED MY CREDIT CARD ON DEC. 22, FOR 1556.00 WITHOUT MY CONSENT IN A EMAIL OR VERBAL, BY WHICH I DON'T LIKE. I LIKE BY EMAIL ONLY BECAUSE OF WHAT HAPPENED NEXT. SO AFTER A FEW WEEKS AND

NEVER CONTACTED TO SEE IF I WAS EVEN GOING TO GET  THE PRODUCT, I EMAILED THEM SEVERAL TIMES

AND FINALLY  A PERSON FROM THEM EMAILED ME ON JAN. 6, THAT SOME WERE COMING IN THE NEXT DAY

AND THAT HE WAS SHIPPING MINE OUT THAT DAY BY FED-X . I EMAILED BACK THAT I STILL HAD CONCERNS

THAT NOBODY HAD CONTACTED  ME FROM THE BEGINNING FROM THEIR  " SALES TEAM " TO EXPLAIN THE EXTRA  217 DOLLARS FOR, OR EVEN A TRACKING #. SO ON JAN 9. EVENING I EMAILED THEM A NOTICE THAT

I WANTED TO TALK TO SOMEONE ASAP. MAN, THE NEXT MORNING, JAN. 10. ( IT WAS JUST LIKE IN OTHER

PEOPLES COMPLAINTS ON THE INTERNET) THEY TRIED THEIR BAD SALESMAN, GOOD SALE SMAN ROUTINE, THE

FIRST SALESMAN DENIED THAT NO  WAY THAT NOBODY  FROM " SALESTEAM"  ( A JOKE TERM BY NOW. WHO

EVER HEARD THAT A SALES TEAM WOULD REVIEW YOUR ORDER TO SEE IF YOU ARE WORTHY TO SELL TO) HAD

COULD NOT HAVE CONTACTED ME, I MUST HAVE FORGOT. NO EMAIL NOW. JUST HIS WORD. IF YOU LOOK  IN THEIR IRONCLAD  "SHIPPING POLICY" THAT AFTER A PERSON FROM THEIR SALES TEAM WOULD CONTACT THE 

BUYER BY "  E-MAIL " THAT THEY WOULD FIGURE OUT FREIGHT AND SHIPPING INSURANCE AT THAT TIME. OF 

COURSE HE WAY GETTING LOUD WITH ME AND EXTREMELY RUDE. HE TRIED TO TELL ME HE HAD ALL KIND OF

NOTES ON HIS DESK AND HE TRIED EMAILING ME AND IT WOULD NOT GO THRU, "HAHA". AT THAT POINT WHEN HE

COULD NOT GET ME TO SAY IT WAS OK, HE SWITCHED THE PHONE TO THE PERSON WHO TOOK MY ORDER. BAD

MOVE, THIS GUY SAID THE EXTRA CHARGE WAS FOR A 5 YR. EXTENDED WARR., WITCHED I NEVER APPROVED.

HE TRIED TO SAY HE THOUGHT I WANTED IT AND HE COULD NOT REVERSED THE CHARGE. I TOLD HIM I WORKED 

AT A APPL.  STORE THAT IS A AUTHORIZED SONY TV DEALER, WHY WOULD I WHAT TO BUT EXTENDED WARR. FROM  HIM. HE SAID HE  DONE A GOOD MISTAKE AND THAT WAS BETTER THAN A BAD MISTAKE. (STUPID). I TOLD HIM THE FIRST SALESMAN SAID THAT THE  $217 CHARGE WAS FOR SHIPPING AND INS. THEY CAN'T EVEN GET THEIR STORY STRAIGHT. AFTER THAT , THE WAY THEY GET YOU IS THAT IF YOU REFUSE THE ORDER, THEY WILL BACK CHARGE YOUR CREDIT CARD $ 100 EACH WAY FOR FREIGHT AND A 15% RESTOCKING CHARGE BY SAYING THEY ARE ONLY ARE

DOING WHAT IN THEIR SHIPPING POLICY. THATS HOW THEY MAKE THEIR MONEY. THEY DON'T WANT YOU TO BUY IT.. THEY VIOLATED THEIR POLICY BY NOT CONTACTING ME BY A MEMBER OF THEIR " SALESTEAM" WITH A REASON FOR THE FINAL PRICE BY EMAIL.  THEY ARE A SHAM.  BE CAREFUL, 

post #110 of 164 Old 01-10-2014, 07:55 PM

SO RIGHT, I TRIED ORDERING AN A/V RECEIVER ( EXPENSIVE ONE) FROM THEM, IF THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN UPFRONT WITH ME , I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT IT. BUT NOOOO

THEY LIKE TO PLAY GAMES . I DON'T. I CANCELLED ALSO.

post #111 of 164 Old 01-11-2014, 07:20 AM
AVS Special Member

^^^ yikes.

BTW, if these guys manage to change their company name (or already operate under additional names), and you can verify this, please report the names in this thread.

post #112 of 164 Old 01-16-2014, 01:01 PM

They are sketchy! They changed the back panel from a more expensive TV and placed it on cheaper unit. I bought a LG LA7400 TV and really got a LG LA6900 TV after the LG tech took the thing apart. Then called the IC3 unit and handed everything over to them. 

post #113 of 164 Old 01-16-2014, 01:04 PM

You wonder why these online companies charge so little for TV's online?

Think about it. If its to good to be true. It probably is.

They buy broken TV's and switch the parts. Your buying something your not really getting. This is HIGHLY ILLEGAL!

PLEASE READ

I did some investigating!

I purchased a LG LA7400 LED TV from them for $1,144.95. I just recently got the TV serviced and come to find out. The TV really was a LG LA6900 which retails $300-400 cheaper than what I thought I purchased. The specs also on the LA6900 are not the same to the LA7400 model. 

They took the back panel from a more expensive TV and stuck it on a cheaper TV. The technician noticed the Serial numbers do not match whatsoever. They also say “brand new in the box”. This is a bold assertion followed up by a BOLD LIE! The TV was registered and had it's settings for Manhattan. AllTimeTVs.com is located in New York. Obviously any TV "brand New in the box" isn't gonna have settings from New York. 

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.

They placed a higher end model panel on less expensive units, so you think your getting something your not. By doing this. they probably profited $300-400. Now you know why there prices are so cheap. 

THEY HAVE BEEN EXPOSED. See pictures below. When I called them they simply hung up the phone because they know there F*****!

Once again, this practice is highly illegal and a federal crime.

Back panel from a LG LA7400 they stuck on a cheaper TV

TV serial number is LG LA6900

Receipt

post #114 of 164 Old 01-16-2014, 01:58 PM

There a scam bro. It's parts put together that came from other units. I would bet your serial numbers do not match whatsoever. The Serial number on your back panel is NOT the same as the TV itself (which is engraved in metal underneath the panel) It's a common practice the frauds pull.

Most of Best Buy's broken units and parts get bought by a place here in Los Angeles. Then shipped out to wherever. They piece TV's together making you think it's brand new and resealed in a box. (not saying AllTimeTVs gets there stuff from LA)

It's a scam. The motherboard, panels, screens, bezel etc. are pieced together on different unibodies and frames to make a "complete new TV" 

post #115 of 164 Old 01-17-2014, 07:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth11 View Post

They also say “brand new in the box”. This is a bold assertion followed up by a BOLD LIE! The TV was registered in New York and the TV had New York settings on it.

What does this mean?  "New York settings"?

post #116 of 164 Old 01-17-2014, 08:23 AM

What this means is the TV was used and most likely a defected unit registered to someone in New York. No brand new TV is gonna be registered and have the settings set in New York "brand new in the box". No new TV for that matter will already have pre-existing settings changed from factory settings if its "brand new in the box" right…..

post #117 of 164 Old 01-17-2014, 08:24 AM

EastCoastTvs.com is most likely them as well. (could be wrong) Same 2 percent discount. Same web-site lay out, same phone number. Same pricing!

post #118 of 164 Old 01-17-2014, 08:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

What this means is the TV was used and most likely a defected unit registered to someone in New York. No brand new TV is gonna be registered and have the settings set in New York "brand new in the box". No new TV for that matter will already have pre-existing settings changed from factory settings if its "brand new in the box" right? It's a scam. They take busted units and repackage them (pieced together)

What I'm asking you is what it means to have "New York Settings".  What are in the settings that shows it's from New York?  Do you mean that it has a serial number from the settings that is preregistered to someone in New York?  Or is there something in the settings that indicates locale?

post #119 of 164 Old 01-17-2014, 08:35 AM

When I connected the TV to the internet. The browser City, Weather, time etc. was coming up for Manhattan New York. (obviously because the TV was used)

Secondly, the history report in the browser was all New York locations so whoever owned this TV before never erased anything or set the TV back to default settings. Obviously LG isn't gonna sell a brand new TV with this crap on a unit out of the box. The re-package these busted units very carefully to make them look brand new in the box. 

I contacted LG already. There looking into this. The serial number on the unibody frame ALWAYS matches the back panel serial numbers. Same with the mother-boards. The TV I got were all different serial numbers.

post #120 of 164 Old 01-17-2014, 08:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

When I connected the TV to the internet. The browser City, Weather, time etc. was coming up for Manhattan New York. (obviously because the TV was used)

Secondly, the history report in the browser was all New York locations so whoever owned this TV before never erased anything or set the TV back to default settings. Obviously LG isn't gonna sell a brand new TV with this crap on a unit out of the box. The re-package these busted units very carefully to make them look brand new in the box. 

I contacted LG already. There looking into this. The serial number on the unibody frame ALWAYS matches the back panel serial numbers. Same with the mother-boards. The TV I got were all different serial numbers.

Does LG have the serial number available in the firmware (settings)?

Reply LCD Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

Tags
Sharp Aquos Lc60le640u 60 Inch Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread - Lc60le640u by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page