AllTimeTvs experiance - Page 6 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #151 of 164 Old 01-22-2014, 10:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Good luck trying to get them on the phone. Won't happen. Waited 52 minutes with "3 people ahead of me" to no evail. No e-mail responses or anything. I know for fact I'm not the only one who can't get through to em. They probably know there days are numbered. The Heat is on em

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 164 Old 01-23-2014, 06:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 428 Post(s)
Liked: 797

If you guys feel you have legitimate complaints (sounds like you do, but legally I cannot suggest it because I don't know), then:

1. Here's the Better Business Bureau's page for folks of the same name.  NOTE: are these the same all time tvs????  They list the alltimetvs.com website.

http://www.bbb.org/new-york-city/business-reviews/home-electronics/all-time-tvs-inc-in-east-rockaway-ny-133821

They have no rating currently, because the complaints have all been closed (?) --- You can read through them, or open your own complaint.

2. Also, even if just for information as to whom to talk to, I would suggest calling the district attorney's office that handles East Rockaway, NY.  Is that really where they're located?  Is it in Queens?  Call them and simply ask whom to file a complaint with.  I'm betting that they'll direct you to the correct place, or at least explain why it is they don't handle that kind of thing.

Talking it out in a thread only goes so far.  Don't get me wrong, it's valuable, but if you've been wronged, there are places to go.

Beware the statistical correlations that sound like they're indicative of something. Drowning deaths are tightly correlated to ice cream consumption. In fact, be wary of any statistic that is stated as if it comes with a self-evident conclusion: there is no such thing.
post #153 of 164 Old 01-24-2014, 11:36 AM

So I don't want to add flame to the fire here, but my recent experience was actually quite pleasant. I am not a shill - just an average consumer trying to save a few bucks.

Since the New Year I wanted to purchase the Samsung UN60F8000, and didn't want to pay the $2600 retail + tax from BB or Amazon. So initially I placed an order with Abes of Maine at $1994. The reason was that I was still suspicious of AllTimeTVs, and Abes generally has a better reputation (though still not the best). Anyway, Abes gave me the runaround - I got a call the day after I placed the order, and there was a very heavy upsell for insurance and a mount. I declined everything, and they said someone would be in contact with me for shipping. A couple of days later I received an email from them stating that there is a policy for TVs 55" an above which requires shipping insurance... haha a familiar story. So i called up and asked why this was never raised before, and the sales guy said he had 'forgotten' about this policy, and it would total 8% of the purchase price (another $160). I said thanks but no thanks. After all, if I want to play that game, why not order from AllTimeTVs.

So I instead placed an order with AllTimeTVs. Total was $1899 - $57.58 promo code (try LINK13 - worked for me) = $1841.42. I then got the expected call for the upsell and insurance - though I've gotta say the upsell was not hard, and easy insurance of $150. So total was $1991. Order was placed 1/6, and I got a shipping notice 1/9 (AM Trucking).

Only real issue was the transit time - the truck from NY to LA took 11 days, though AM Trucking had this notice that shipments were delayed by the cold weather. It then took another 3 days to get to the Bay Area.

Reading the experiences here with serial numbers made me really paranoid, so when the guys came to deliver I cross-checked the provided serial from the invoice (which was emailed on 1/9) with the box and the back of the TV, all of which matched. I couldn't have the guys stand around for me to fuss with the remote, so after they left I went through the setup process and cross-checked the serial via the menus, and it all matches. Also the packaging looked pristine and untouched from the factory. And best of all, the TV looks great.

So I guess the story is sometimes you get lucky, and possibly this poor experience outlined in this thread is not necessarily standard practice. Anyway, I hope it works out for the buyer.
post #154 of 164 Old 02-21-2014, 10:10 PM

Read this article NBC NEWS did on Abe's of Maine & these type of companies. 

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/how-avoid-online-hdtv-shopping-scams-742267

LOOK AT THEIR RETURN POLICY (Pathetic)

post #155 of 164 Old 02-23-2014, 01:35 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth11 View Post

Read this article NBC NEWS did on Abe's of Maine & these type of companies. 

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/how-avoid-online-hdtv-shopping-scams-742267

LOOK AT THEIR RETURN POLICY (Pathetic)

Wow, came back a month later just to post a link to common sense in not one but two topics (bumping one up from November 2012).... good for you.

Current HT setup:

Samsung UN65F6300 65" LCD HDTV, Polk CS20 Center, 2x Polk Monitor 75T Fronts, 2x Polk TSI300 Backs, Polk PSW110 Subwoofer.

post #156 of 164 Old 02-23-2014, 01:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodaboy581 View Post

Wow, came back a month later just to post a link to common sense in not one but two topics (bumping one up from November 2012).... good for you.

That "common sense" is not as common as you're implying.

Beware the statistical correlations that sound like they're indicative of something. Drowning deaths are tightly correlated to ice cream consumption. In fact, be wary of any statistic that is stated as if it comes with a self-evident conclusion: there is no such thing.
post #157 of 164 Old 02-23-2014, 01:41 PM

Did it hurt your feelings bro? Is your day now ruined and messed up because of the post? God forbid someone so intellectual as yourself keeps the amount of time someone posts on a thread and counts the placements must be someone of worth listening to. If it's such common sense and you know everything, why even post on this thread? Just MOVE ON!

The Contra Costa water must be getting to you

post #158 of 164 Old 02-23-2014, 06:43 PM
Advanced Member

Sounds like you're more worked up than me. As if this company keeps you awake at night and you can't think of anything else but to preach about them. I think you should take your own advice and "move on".

Current HT setup:

Samsung UN65F6300 65" LCD HDTV, Polk CS20 Center, 2x Polk Monitor 75T Fronts, 2x Polk TSI300 Backs, Polk PSW110 Subwoofer.

post #159 of 164 Old 02-23-2014, 09:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Sounds like you're more worked up than me. As if this company keeps you awake at night and you can't think of anything else but to preach about them. I think you should take your own advice and "move on".

Did you read about the experience he had?  I appreciate that he wants to warn people to keep them from going through the same thing.

How how on earth is that "preaching" anyway?

post #160 of 164 Old 02-23-2014, 10:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post

Did you read about the experience he had?  I appreciate that he wants to warn people to keep them from going through the same thing.

How how on earth is that "preaching" anyway?
He posted like crazy about them near the end of last month. They've been his only posts in this forum.

He then took a break to come back a month later and post about them some more, even bumping a topic that didn't have any posts for almost a year and a half.

It's like, come on, we get it already. The company sucks, you hate them. Can't we just get back to posting about good deals in this sub forum?

Current HT setup:

post #161 of 164 Old 02-24-2014, 08:21 AM

Quote:

Can't we just get back to posting about good deals in this sub forum?

I haven't seen *any* "good deals" for the past several months for AllTimeTvs. Wonder why that is?

Just last month, I wasted two weeks of my life trying to buy a Samsung plasma from AllTimeTVs at their website price. I was fooled by AllTimeTvs relatively high 8.5 rating (at the time) on ResellerRatings, which was due to all the 1-post wonders and their bogus 5-star reviews. Many of these reviews have since been removed but they still trickle in. I've lost a lot of respect for RR. Their rating system used to be my barometer for ordering online, not anymore.

After reading this thread I was prepared for the AllTimeTvs upsell which was fine with me. I expected and was willing to pay an additional $150 or so, over the website price to get the deal done and not hung up on.

I was ready for the "your model does not include the Evolution Port, but for $100 this other one does." Such lies. I had to bite my tongue from LOL'ing at the guy, but I went along and declined and insisted on the TV price that was listed on the website. After whining about his measly $11 profit and his aversion to my AMEX card, he said "we have a deal and you'll love the TV, thank you, good-by."

Shortly thereafter, my AMEX card is charged the agree upon price and everything looks good. Other than a BuySAFE email congratulating my on my new purchase, I did not receive a single email from AllTimeTVs.

No order number, no tracking number. Nothing!

After 12 days without any contact from AllTimeTvs I wanted out of this purchase and tried calling to cancel my order. Called and sat on hold for over an hour and finally gave up. Funny they'll pick right up before a purchase but won't answer after the purchase. They obviously had my number in their system as a "post" sale caller. I should have used a different phone, my bad.

The next day I get a call from AllTimeTVs saying that the delivery truck had been in an accident and that my TV was damaged. OKay?! Maybe it happened, maybe not. I said CANCEL, CANCEL, CANCEL. He eagerly agreed to cancel my order and that was that. The AMEX charge was removed a couple days later.

Called Paul's TV and the experience was like night and day. TV was delivered in 3 days for around the same price + full warranty + FREE soundbar.
post #162 of 164 Old 02-24-2014, 10:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 33
FWIW, ResellerRatings has a long history of being willfully shilled. I remember something like 10 years ago TigerDirect had a deservedly terrible rating on there and then over a period of about 6 months it from 1-2 to 8-9 because of a massive influx of those "1-post wonders." RR didn't do a thing about it, you can still see those reviews if you go back through TigerDirect's history over there.

Like most of these sorts of places (carfax, BBB, etc) if a place has a bad rating you can be relatively confident that the rating is deserved. But a good rating is a totally unreliable.

Copyright is not property, it is merely a temporary loan from the public domain.
post #163 of 164 Old 03-27-2014, 03:04 PM

Hi Guys,

Well, I am still having issue about one missing TV from Alltimetvs.

Somebody has got a phone call or email from them? I could not have any answering from them. Unfortunately, I have missing one TV. It's UN60F8000. As you know the price is $2,079.00 since January 2014. Do you know how to get back money from them? I filed claim on BBB. However they said that We are just wait for answer from Alltimetvs. The company make me crazy. 

Friends!! Do not buy any stuff from them. They are risky company. 

Anyway, Please give me good solution for me. 

Thanks,

Mike   

post #164 of 164 Old 03-27-2014, 08:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 563 Post(s)
Liked: 555
Call your credit card company and file a dispute on the charge.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

Tags
Sharp Aquos Lc60le640u 60 Inch Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page