AllTimeTvs experiance - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 164 Old 01-20-2013, 07:29 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
stefuel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Marshfield, MA, USA
Posts: 5,880
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Anyone have any experiance with this seller? They seem to have great prices. How are they to deal with and do they stand behind the products they sell?

Current owner of the last/best AmPro on the planet. The mighty 4600HD, and it's still running...better than Barco's, especially southern ones.
stefuel is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 164 Old 01-21-2013, 08:54 AM
Advanced Member
 
rjruby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Nazareth, PA, USA
Posts: 512
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Alltimetvs_com

Read the reviews carefully. Even though they have a rating of 8.73, I would be reluctant to order from them.
rjruby is online now  
post #3 of 164 Old 01-22-2013, 06:24 AM
Member
 
dreamfield42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just purchased a 60" Sharp (lc-60le640u) and everything went well. You will order it over the internet and then someone will call you to finalize details and make arrangements to deliver. The only disappointment I had was a charge of $140 or so for handling and insurance. They advertise free shipping, but is it? It does tell you about the added charges in the details about shipping for certain items over a certain size, but I was somewhat disappointed. I could have cancelled and checked further, but I had already waited 3 days and didn't want to start over. The shipping company they used was excellent, the TV ia great and as advertised.
dreamfield42 is offline  
post #4 of 164 Old 01-23-2013, 06:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tgm1024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,956
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjruby View Post

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Alltimetvs_com

Read the reviews carefully. Even though they have a rating of 8.73, I would be reluctant to order from them.

Those 5 star reviews are complete crap!!!! Especially when they start putting down people's names.

WARNING: You have now entered a no @#$%tard zone. Please gather your anti-vaccine propaganda nonsense and slowly back out the way you came in.
tgm1024 is online now  
post #5 of 164 Old 01-23-2013, 06:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tgm1024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,956
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 582
AVOID
Absolutely TERRIBLE return policy.
ALWAYS READ THROUGH THESE THINGS!!!!!! I'll put in bold red some of the things that really stands out to me as unacceptable. You're supposed to "INSPECT AND TEST" the merchandise for damage or defects. While the delivery guy is waiting. Yeah, right.

http://www.alltimetvs.com/Return_Cancellation_Policy.htm
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Time TV's return policy View Post

Return/Cancellation Policy

Damaged Products: TVs

We make every effort to prevent shipping damages. Upon delivery, you must inspect and test the merchandise for damage or defects. If your package appears damaged upon receipt, simply REFUSE the shipment. Once you sign for the delivery, you can no longer make any damage claims.

If you should place an order with All Time TVs and then refuse a package for any reason other than damage to the merchandise in the box, please know that you will receive a refund for the amount of your original transaction less any shipping charges All Time TVs incurred in getting the package to you originally, as well as the cost of the return shipping, plus a 15% restocking fee. The box and packaging material inside the box are designed to protect your product. They are designed to absorb the impact of shipping. Just because there are visible signs of damage to the box does not mean that your product inside is damaged. You must remove the box and inspect the contents inside!

If there is any damage to your product, you must refuse the delivery- do not sign for it, and note the damage on the delivery form. You must do this in order for us to file a claim on your behalf and ship you another unit. If you accept the package(s) damaged, it will be extremely difficult to have the shipping company cover the product under their insurance policy.



**Please note** You must retain all manufacturer packaging until such a time as you are satisfied that the items delivered are in complete working condition, and there is no damage to them. Manufacturer packaging is a MUST regarding claims of damaged merchandise. If you do not retain the packaging, there is no way to file a claim. The result of that is we are unable to send a replacement, nor will we be able to refund the cost of the item.



Defective Products: TVs

For the convenience of our valued customers we offer an easy to follow return policy for defective items. Eligible defective products may be returned for an exchange within 7 days from the date your product was delivered. Defective products will be exchanged for the same model only. Defective products must be returned with the original box and packaging and with all included materials including, but not limited to, warranty cards, manuals, and accessories. The UPC label must be intact. We reserve the right to charge for all missing materials.

The 7 day defective exchange policy does not apply to TVs 37" and larger, any oversized product(s) shipped via our motor freight company (not UPS/FedEx), appliances or receivers. If any of these items are deemed defective, they will be covered exclusively by the manufacturers’ warranties, and you must contact the manufacturer for any repairs. If you need assistance with arranging service, please call us at 1-866-976-2799.

Note: Defective TVs 37" and larger will be serviced by a manufacturer authorized service provider who will be chosen at the sole discretion of the manufacturer. Defective TVs 37” and larger that can not be repaired will be replaced by their manufacturers.

To process a defective return/exchange of a TV (only TVs smaller than 37") you must contact Customer Service at 1-866-976-2799. All returns/exchanges require a Return Authorization Number (RA#). This will be provided by Customer Service. All Returns/Exchanges must be double boxed (manufacturers box must be inside of another box designed for shipping), with the RA # written clearly on the outer box accompanied by a note, explaining what is wrong with the item, in the original merchandise box.

WARNING: You have now entered a no @#$%tard zone. Please gather your anti-vaccine propaganda nonsense and slowly back out the way you came in.
tgm1024 is online now  
post #6 of 164 Old 01-23-2013, 10:31 PM
Member
 
Bluemustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
When dealing with something this expensive id personally just use a B&M store like bestbuy. I went with bestbuy even though the price is a bit higher since they're close to me, returns (like the one im doing now and having them come tomorrow) are relatively pain free and they offer free shipping and pickup to and from your house.
Bluemustang is offline  
post #7 of 164 Old 01-24-2013, 05:44 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tgm1024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,956
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemustang View Post

When dealing with something this expensive id personally just use a B&M store like bestbuy. I went with bestbuy even though the price is a bit higher since they're close to me, returns (like the one im doing now and having them come tomorrow) are relatively pain free and they offer free shipping and pickup to and from your house.

If it's sold by amazon (or fulfilled by them), you'll likely have the same pain-free experience. I did that with a Samsung two years ago that just could not stop getting too dark (don't get me started smile.gif) and it was as pain-free as you can imagine. And that "little bit more" for the B&M is usually a *lot* more.

The *only* thing I'd mention is that you do lack the ability to schlep the thing over to the guys and get it out of your house immediately. Waiting for the to-fro shipping when you have OCD smile.gif is not fun.

About the online guys with crummy returns: This is a terrible business to be in. I would rather sell urinal pucks than TV's in this climate. But if you can't survive without surprising customers with crappy return policies, then you're not getting a pass from me.

WARNING: You have now entered a no @#$%tard zone. Please gather your anti-vaccine propaganda nonsense and slowly back out the way you came in.
tgm1024 is online now  
post #8 of 164 Old 01-26-2013, 03:23 PM
Member
 
bluesun68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 114
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Every large tv must be tested for damage before you accept delivery. Cut the plastic tie downs, pull the box up, plug in a power cord and turn it on. Every seller that ships it to you will say the same thing.
bluesun68 is offline  
post #9 of 164 Old 01-26-2013, 05:56 PM
Member
 
Bluemustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post

If it's sold by amazon (or fulfilled by them), you'll likely have the same pain-free experience. I did that with a Samsung two years ago that just could not stop getting too dark (don't get me started smile.gif) and it was as pain-free as you can imagine. And that "little bit more" for the B&M is usually a *lot* more.

The *only* thing I'd mention is that you do lack the ability to schlep the thing over to the guys and get it out of your house immediately. Waiting for the to-fro shipping when you have OCD smile.gif is not fun.

About the online guys with crummy returns: This is a terrible business to be in. I would rather sell urinal pucks than TV's in this climate. But if you can't survive without surprising customers with crappy return policies, then you're not getting a pass from me.

BB price matches so really the only extra fee you have to pay is the tax, about $100 for my set. On a 1400 purchase thats not too much. And i dont know what kinda time frame it takes returning a tv through amazon and if you can cross-ship. But with best buy i had them bring the new tv the same time they picked up the defective one. Not 1 min down time smile.gif
Bluemustang is offline  
post #10 of 164 Old 01-27-2013, 06:08 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tgm1024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,956
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemustang View Post

BB price matches so really the only extra fee you have to pay is the tax, about $100 for my set. On a 1400 purchase thats not too much. And i dont know what kinda time frame it takes returning a tv through amazon and if you can cross-ship. But with best buy i had them bring the new tv the same time they picked up the defective one. Not 1 min down time smile.gif

You cannot cross-ship with Amazon. In my state, that $1400 produces a tax of about $84 or so. Usually people are aiming toward the top of their TV budget because they are afraid of not future-proofing themselves enough (or kicking themselves later). I'm not saying it's a thunderous reason, but it'll affect the decisions of a lot of people. Psychologically, no one, *no* one, like the feeling of throwing money away.

By the way, I wonder if BB would consider pre subtracting the tax if you told them it was that or Amazon. Example (round numbers) in a 10% tax state on a $1000 TV, they'll charge you $1000/1.1 ($909.09), so for you it works out in the wash.

WARNING: You have now entered a no @#$%tard zone. Please gather your anti-vaccine propaganda nonsense and slowly back out the way you came in.
tgm1024 is online now  
post #11 of 164 Old 02-18-2013, 09:39 PM
Member
 
mengqi68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Don't buy from anyone other than Amazon. Period.

(I have returned 7 or 8 TVs so far. Always free shipping both ways and always got my refund within 2-4 days of UPS pickup.)
mengqi68 is offline  
post #12 of 164 Old 02-19-2013, 12:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tgm1024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,956
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by mengqi68 View Post

Don't buy from anyone other than Amazon. Period.

(I have returned 7 or 8 TVs so far. Always free shipping both ways and always got my refund within 2-4 days of UPS pickup.)

"7 or 8"? How? A while ago or recently? Don't count on that these days. Since 2008 there's been a strong push back from Amazon regarding such behavior. Google around for "Amazon banned", or "Amazon closed accounts", and you'll see examples of folks shut off after 3 or so successive returns of high ticket items like TVs, prime member or not.

Look at the links under this thread, or google around.
http://archive.slickdeals.net/f/908910-Mass-Closing-of-Amazon-Accounts-by-Amazon?sduid=0&highlight=amazon

WARNING: You have now entered a no @#$%tard zone. Please gather your anti-vaccine propaganda nonsense and slowly back out the way you came in.
tgm1024 is online now  
post #13 of 164 Old 02-19-2013, 12:32 PM
Member
 
mengqi68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
2 in March 2012, 1 in May 2012, 2 in November 2012, 2 in January 2013, 1 in February 2013.

I returned a lot of other stuff as well.

Maybe Amazon relented because of negative publicity?
mengqi68 is offline  
post #14 of 164 Old 02-19-2013, 12:36 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tgm1024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,956
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by mengqi68 View Post

2 in March 2012, 1 in May 2012, 2 in November 2012, 2 in January 2013, 1 in February 2013.

I returned a lot of other stuff as well.

Maybe Amazon relented because of negative publicity?

Doubt it. How many TV's did you actually keep?

WARNING: You have now entered a no @#$%tard zone. Please gather your anti-vaccine propaganda nonsense and slowly back out the way you came in.
tgm1024 is online now  
post #15 of 164 Old 07-09-2013, 06:53 AM
Newbie
 
Jdbayy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
OK, so I got the Panasonic st65 Plasma from them, here was my experience:

The good: The TV arrived and is working great, so far. Shipping was about a week and the shipper was great and told me I should open the box, inspect it and plug it in and see if it comes on, it did and all was good. The shipping guys actual did it for me. Yeah I tipped them ;-) Good guys and say they open them and see cracked screens, sometimes.
I'm looking to get into the sub-menu to see if it has any hours on it, haven't found out how yet, not that someone would sell me a used TV from a store... ;-) My old LED Sony had a sub that told you when it was first turned on and how many hours it had on it.

The price was OK, but.......
After you order, you get the phone call for the hard sale:
#1 I found out that you have to buy insurance for $186.00 (for my zip code) added to the price of the TV, (still an OK deal, but a rip, because if you don't click and read all the fine print, you won't know. I could have ordered from another place (ibuys in Fl and they don't charge that) too late for me though. BTW, they say they ship to the shaded areas on the map, they don't, I had to have it shipped to another zip code.
#2 The lies: You must buy a new HDMI cable for the 3D TV to work 69 bucks..Ahh no, 7.88 @ Monoprice and the cable is 6' and has a fire rating so you can run it in the wall. My old cable worked too (3.88 Amazon) (search them and they will give all the info on HDMI cables)
#3 Buy the insurance for 299.00 ahh no, ok 199.00 ahh no, how about 150.00, ah no. Consumer Reports recommends it, no they don't? 5 minutes on the phone, he gave up. Then when I called back to ask about something he started all over again about the insurance, I told him, I would have considered it if you didn't hit me hard on the insurance with the free shipping.... LOL
#4 Panasonic says you need a serge protector, no they don't, according to the manual.
#5 Man you really need the insurance, if it breaks you have to send it to CA to get it fixed, ah no, Texas and only if it is under 42 inch, if it is bigger the year warranty is in home, according to the manual.

I hope this helps someone make there decision! BTW, Bad A** F****** TV, so far... ;-) Sound is weak though, kind of hard to get good sound from something that thin. I'll pump it through the receiver.
garthpro likes this.
Jdbayy1 is offline  
post #16 of 164 Old 07-18-2013, 03:32 PM
Senior Member
 
Kieran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 323
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Jdbayy1:
What's the $186 insurance you mention in #1, vs the insurance you refused in #3?
Thanks for the info. They are like $1000 less than BBY / amazon.
kieran

Kieran is offline  
post #17 of 164 Old 07-21-2013, 03:25 PM
Member
 
cyphron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Ok, I bit the bullet and will try these guys out. I paid with my American Express so I will charge back this mofo if there are any problems. Going in I know this:

1. These guys are not authorized dealers.
2. Samsung will service TVs bought from anywhere not just authorized dealers.
3. The price they list is so low that they will need to up sell you to make a profit (or to pay their sales guy).

I just purchased a PN64F8500 that is almost 900 below amazon price. I ended up paying for their ship and insurance and a 3 year warranty. I declined the warranty but the guy kept insisting on it so I figured this is how he gets paid on the commission. I chalk up the 300 premium as part of the price of the TV. 300 more than the advertised price so expect to pay this or the shipping and insurance at minimum. He said he would throw in the white glove service if I purchase the warranty which I knew is BS. Whatever. Even with the up sell, I am still saving over 900 including tax. It's a significant enough savings that I would put up with the less than stellar service and deceptive sales tactic. For big ticket items, it may be worth it as the discount is significant. For cheaper items, I would not bother.

I will let you all know how my experience turns out.
cyphron is offline  
post #18 of 164 Old 07-22-2013, 08:39 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tgm1024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,956
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphron View Post

Ok, I bit the bullet and will try these guys out. I paid with my American Express so I will charge back this mofo if there are any problems. Going in I know this:

1. These guys are not authorized dealers.
2. Samsung will service TVs bought from anywhere not just authorized dealers.
3. The price they list is so low that they will need to up sell you to make a profit (or to pay their sales guy).

I just purchased a PN64F8500 that is almost 900 below amazon price. I ended up paying for their ship and insurance and a 3 year warranty. I declined the warranty but the guy kept insisting on it so I figured this is how he gets paid on the commission. I chalk up the 300 premium as part of the price of the TV. 300 more than the advertised price so expect to pay this or the shipping and insurance at minimum. He said he would throw in the white glove service if I purchase the warranty which I knew is BS. Whatever. Even with the up sell, I am still saving over 900 including tax. It's a significant enough savings that I would put up with the less than stellar service and deceptive sales tactic. For big ticket items, it may be worth it as the discount is significant. For cheaper items, I would not bother.

I will let you all know how my experience turns out.

 

Keep us updated!  And good luck!

 

For the record, whenever a company attempts an "up-sell" like that with me, things get mighty ugly quickly.  I'm not as level headed at you seem to be when it comes to deceptive tactics.


WARNING: You have now entered a no @#$%tard zone. Please gather your anti-vaccine propaganda nonsense and slowly back out the way you came in.
tgm1024 is online now  
post #19 of 164 Old 07-22-2013, 02:25 PM
Member
 
cyphron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I got my shipping notice today. Very impressed by their quickness. I was very worried that it would take ten days for them to pull this system out of some warehouse before they are able to ship. The guy promised they would ship by Tuesday at the latest and that hey had 3 systems in stock. I guess he wasn't lying after all. The shipping notice says 7-14 business days, but AM trucking shows that it normally takes 3-7 business days for NY to CA. I hope the latter is correct and their estimate is conservative.

The one thing I have buyer's remorse on is the warranty. CPS warranty doesn't have a stellar reputation and I fear that my $150 went down the drain. I normally don't buy warranties on televisions because no TV has failed on me yet (knock on wood). I really hope I don't have to use the CPS warranty, but if I do and they pull something shady like asking me to ship the TV to them, I will go on all the Internet forums and go on a one-man crusade against them. My recommendation, don't buy their warranty and if you have to purchase something, get something tangible like overpriced HDMI cables or TV wall mounts instead.

These guys should just add $200 to their bare bone price to pay their profits and quit with the sale shenanigans. They would earn a better reputation, customer goodwill while still be able to undercut most mainstream store's prices. If they'd just offer a square trade warranty, or better yet sell the TV by itself for $200 higher without the pushy upsell, I'd be ecstatic and happy right now instead of bitter and upset. Strange psychology right?
cyphron is offline  
post #20 of 164 Old 07-22-2013, 06:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tgm1024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,956
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphron View Post

I got my shipping notice today. Very impressed by their quickness. I was very worried that it would take ten days for them to pull this system out of some warehouse before they are able to ship. The guy promised they would ship by Tuesday at the latest and that hey had 3 systems in stock. I guess he wasn't lying after all. The shipping notice says 7-14 business days, but AM trucking shows that it normally takes 3-7 business days for NY to CA. I hope the latter is correct and their estimate is conservative.

The one thing I have buyer's remorse on is the warranty. CPS warranty doesn't have a stellar reputation and I fear that my $150 went down the drain. I normally don't buy warranties on televisions because no TV has failed on me yet (knock on wood). I really hope I don't have to use the CPS warranty, but if I do and they pull something shady like asking me to ship the TV to them, I will go on all the Internet forums and go on a one-man crusade against them. My recommendation, don't buy their warranty and if you have to purchase something, get something tangible like overpriced HDMI cables or TV wall mounts instead.

These guys should just add $200 to their bare bone price to pay their profits and quit with the sale shenanigans. They would earn a better reputation, customer goodwill while still be able to undercut most mainstream store's prices. If they'd just offer a square trade warranty, or better yet sell the TV by itself for $200 higher without the pushy upsell, I'd be ecstatic and happy right now instead of bitter and upset. Strange psychology right?

 

Not strange at all.  No one, not even a billionaire, likes to feel taken advantage of.  What you've detailed here so far is enough to keep me from ever tangling with them.  They seem to be using much of the same tactics that I recall from the many infamous "New York Camera Stores".  With the worst of them though they would cancel your order if they didn't sell anything more to you and claim to be out of stock, when what they really did was sell your camera to someone else.  Can't extrapolate this upward to make the claim that these TV guys would do the same thing, but that pattern seems strikingly familiar.

 

And then you run into more that this too: return policies were routinely horrible.

 

Ever since reading the in depth accounts on many of the customers of these people I kept these habits:

  • Staying with Amazon.
  • Analyzing the return policy of anyone else like it's the Zapruder film and warning folks of what i see.
  • Staying with Amazon.

WARNING: You have now entered a no @#$%tard zone. Please gather your anti-vaccine propaganda nonsense and slowly back out the way you came in.
tgm1024 is online now  
post #21 of 164 Old 07-22-2013, 07:08 PM
Member
 
cyphron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
It's a trade off, customer service and the ability to return anything versus $900 in savings. I've researched extensively and know for a fact that this is the TV I want. If I weren't sure, then I would not buy through this channel. If it was a couple hundred dollars I wouldn't bother. Alas $900 savings trumps everything.
cyphron is offline  
post #22 of 164 Old 07-23-2013, 07:49 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tgm1024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,956
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphron View Post

It's a trade off, customer service and the ability to return anything versus $900 in savings. I've researched extensively and know for a fact that this is the TV I want. If I weren't sure, then I would not buy through this channel. If it was a couple hundred dollars I wouldn't bother. Alas $900 savings trumps everything.

 

NO.  It does NOT trump a bad return policy!

 

I do not remember the AllTimeTVs policy, but your last statement is completely incorrect!

 

The TV I ended up with is precisely the TV I wanted, yet I had to return it and get a replacement.  Still the same model.  But a painless return.  Even the uber expensive TV's have problems (CHECK OUT THE THREADS FOR THEM ALL), and with just how inconsistent all LCD's are, please look carefully at the return policy before assuming that $900 "trumps everything".


WARNING: You have now entered a no @#$%tard zone. Please gather your anti-vaccine propaganda nonsense and slowly back out the way you came in.
tgm1024 is online now  
post #23 of 164 Old 07-23-2013, 08:25 AM
Member
 
cyphron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post

NO.  It does NOT trump a bad return policy!

I do not remember the AllTimeTVs policy, but your last statement is completely incorrect!

The TV I ended up with is precisely the TV I wanted, yet I had to return it and get a replacement.  Still the same model.  But a painless return.  Even the uber expensive TV's have problems (CHECK OUT THE THREADS FOR THEM ALL), and with just how inconsistent all LCD's are, please look carefully at the return policy before assuming that $900 "trumps everything".

That statement is correct for me. Obviously, it's not correct for you. Everyone has a risk tolerance. I am willing to trade my 30 day window of exchange for $900 and take it up with Samsung's excellent warranty service. This is for issues AFTER the initial check for damage once it arrives.

Anyway, this is a thread about experience of ordering from them so I'd rather not have this devolve into a debate. If I end up regretting my decision, I'll be sure to let everyone know about it in a week or so. tongue.gif
cyphron is offline  
post #24 of 164 Old 07-24-2013, 09:24 AM
Member
 
cyphron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Here's an update for anyone curious.

Still miffed about having to pay the high shipping insurance and the CPS warranty, I went on resellerratings to rant about it. One of their customer rep contacted me and offered to refund me the warranty or increase it to 6 years. I chose the refund because I just don't trust CPS. Furthermore, he cut my shipping insurance in half. They then asked if I could change the review to a positive. I agreed. I see nothing wrong with it, but some of you might judge. They addressed my concerns and remedied the situation so there's no point in ranting about something that has been fixed.

Right now, I'm pretty happy with the decision. The only thing that will make me even happier is to see a brand new working system in my living room. I will upload pictures of the TV once it arrives, hopefully next week.

P.S. The savings is now close to $1200. What could possibly go wrong? Famous last words. biggrin.gif
cyphron is offline  
post #25 of 164 Old 07-26-2013, 01:03 PM
Member
 
cyphron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Here is my news baby, 5 business days after I ordered it.




It's brand new except the box got punctured during shipment. The two AM shippers lifted up the TV for inspection and it is immaculate. The production date was June 2013 so it was manufactured sometime last month. Totally fresh off the Samsung conveyor belt. I assume any issues they had with early batches have been fixed as I cannot hear a buzz at all.

I registered the warranty using "Internet" as store and here is my registration:



15 months! That plus American Express one year extension and I have a total of 27 months. I think I will forgo the extended warranty as 27 months is all I will need (knock on wood).

Absolutely happy with my decision and will be buying my future OLED in through them.
cyphron is offline  
post #26 of 164 Old 07-26-2013, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tgm1024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,956
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 582

AWESOME!

 

Hope you enjoy the new toy!


WARNING: You have now entered a no @#$%tard zone. Please gather your anti-vaccine propaganda nonsense and slowly back out the way you came in.
tgm1024 is online now  
post #27 of 164 Old 07-26-2013, 04:13 PM
Member
 
GatorJZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphron View Post

Here is my news baby, 5 business days after I ordered it.




It's brand new except the box got punctured during shipment. The two AM shippers lifted up the TV for inspection and it is immaculate. The production date was June 2013 so it was manufactured sometime last month. Totally fresh off the Samsung conveyor belt. I assume any issues they had with early batches have been fixed as I cannot hear a buzz at all.

I registered the warranty using "Internet" as store and here is my registration:



15 months! That plus American Express one year extension and I have a total of 27 months. I think I will forgo the extended warranty as 27 months is all I will need (knock on wood).

Absolutely happy with my decision and will be buying my future OLED in through them.

You have 24 months, not 27. AmEx will extend the original factory warranty. If there is a problem you have to send them a copy of the original written warranty. Been there, done that...have the t-shirt.
GatorJZ is offline  
post #28 of 164 Old 07-26-2013, 04:20 PM
Member
 
cyphron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorJZ View Post

You have 24 months, not 27. AmEx will extend the original factory warranty. If there is a problem you have to send them a copy of the original written warranty. Been there, done that...have the t-shirt.

Bummer.. if it dies after 24 months, wife will have no choice but to let me buy a new OLED. biggrin.gif
cyphron is offline  
post #29 of 164 Old 07-27-2013, 07:08 AM
Member
 
djsketchie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 62
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorJZ View Post

You have 24 months, not 27. AmEx will extend the original factory warranty. If there is a problem you have to send them a copy of the original written warranty. Been there, done that...have the t-shirt.

I'm not sure that math checks out. Why wouldn't it be 27 months? I just read their terms, and AMEX will extend a warranty up to 1 year on manufacture warranties of 5 years or less, so it tops out at a theoretical limit of 6 years (5 Mfg + 1 AMEX). In this case it would be 15 months + 12 months extra AMEX for a total of 27 months.

Are you saying only 24 months because the extra 3 months Samsung added isn't on the official warranty contract, and that's all they care about? In that case, wouldn't a screen shot of that page added to the official warranty be just as good?

Not saying you're wrong since it sounds like you've dealt with this exact issue before, just generally interested in the nit picky details because I always use my AMEX for purchases like this for their great protection services.
djsketchie is offline  
post #30 of 164 Old 08-01-2013, 12:24 PM
Newbie
 
Jdbayy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran View Post

Jdbayy1:
What's the $186 insurance you mention in #1, vs the insurance you refused in #3?
Thanks for the info. They are like $1000 less than BBY / amazon.
kieran

#1 Was the mandatory shipping insurance to my house and #3 was the extended warranty insurance they tried to sell me.
garthpro likes this.
Jdbayy1 is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

Tags
Sharp Aquos Lc60le640u 60 Inch Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off