I Need A New TV!!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-22-2013, 04:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
OK, I have been stuck with this 62" Toshiba DLP tv for the past 6 or 7 years that have been losing its color for about a year. Black Friday was, needless to say, pretty disappointing for higher end TVs. So with tax return time and Super Bowl TV sales around the near corner, it's time to do more research. I'd like to get a Samy, so I started looking at the 7500 and 8000 because they offer 65" models. The 7500 would be perfect it it had better picture reviews. Correct me if I'm wrong, from reading reviews, it seems like the picture isn't up to par for the price tag. Also a lot of the frills are just that I can see myself using them in the very beginning only, much like picture-in-picture.

Basically I'm looking for a 60-65" TV with a pretty good picture, something I could be happy with spending under $2500, with smart TV capabilities, for Amazon prime, and DLNA capability for USB movies. WiFi would also be a plus.

Thanks and I apologize in advance if there is a thread like this already.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-22-2013, 04:50 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 37
If you like Sammy's here's a deal http://www.avsforum.com/t/1453092/samsung-un55es7100-1499-99-bestbuy

"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses". - Abraham Lincoln
post #3 of 3 Old 01-24-2013, 07:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 395 Post(s)
Liked: 756
Same as Amazon's price. Well Amazon is $2 cheaper. Woo hoo. If you like the return policy of Amazon, then that's the way to go. I have luck with them. HOWEVER, waiting around (no matter how quick it is) for a shipment is a pain in the ass.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UN55ES7100-55-Inch-1080p-Silver/dp/B0078LN0K6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359042357&sr=8-1&keywords=samsung+es7100

and this one is free shipping, and prime as well.

BTW, be aware: Samsung's are active-3D. Many believe that the world is going passive. I am one of them.

For instance, I will not buy Samsung nor Sony (as much as I want to) because of that. 2013 will be the advent of many more models offering passive.

Grow milkweed. The Monarch Butterfly requires it, and its numbers are dwindling fast.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page