Costco TV advice - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-19-2013, 10:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So to start off I have a $1000 credit at costco. I decided to put this towards a new tv, and initially picked up the lg 55lm6700. I like the TV so far and do not really have any dislikes about it but I am wondering if anyone is aware of a better TV for the money at costco. I am looking to stay under $1400, I want a TV 55" or larger, 3d is nice but not required, I watch a lot of sports, some movies and occasionally play games.

If anyone has any experience with the current offerings at costco please feel free to chime in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-19-2013, 10:52 PM

Liked: 11
I suggest that you wait few more weeks for 2013 models. 2012 crop of TVs was not very good in general.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-20-2013, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mengqi68 View Post

I suggest that you wait few more weeks for 2013 models. 2012 crop of TVs was not very good in general.

i'd say this depends on how much you mind returning if you find something better. personally, i think this is the better time, as you can get a big discount on an end of year tv, and still have 90 days to return it if something way better comes in at a reasonable price. new models may likely be better, but will also likely cost more...

Waiting For Neural Implants.
post #4 of 4 Old 02-21-2013, 03:02 PM

I don't know....if I had $1,000 credit at Costco, I'd take a look at the 80" Sharp (80LE632U). They currently have it on sale for $3,499, which is a decent price by itself. I also think it's interesting that they normally sell the warehouse model (633), but this is the first time I've seen the 632. And I've also heard rumors that the 2013 80-inchers will be edge-light, which may or may not be a good thing.

At $2,499, that would be awfully tempting, if you can fit something that large smile.gif

Rich
Reply LCD Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page