AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 38
at paul's tv

http://www.paulstv.com//LED-Televisions/Panasonic-TCL55E50.asp

use coupon "save100" to get it for $750 with white glove delivery

am REAL tempted since it's back lit vs. edge lit.... I still have another 3-4 weeks of return window left for my LG 55LM4600 that I've been annoyed with and I usually love panny products. soooooo considering still.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-02-2013, 09:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 270
Looks like a good deal

The Soviet people feared the KGB was watching them through their TV's ........or listening to them through their radios, so they kept them turned off often when they wanted privacy .

Now the NSA/ DHS are in fact watching us with our computers cell phones surveillance cameras drones,satellites etc !
post #3 of 7 Old 04-05-2013, 04:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post

at paul's tv

http://www.paulstv.com//LED-Televisions/Panasonic-TCL55E50.asp

use coupon "save100" to get it for $750 with white glove delivery

am REAL tempted since it's back lit vs. edge lit.... I still have another 3-4 weeks of return window left for my LG 55LM4600 that I've been annoyed with and I usually love panny products. soooooo considering still.

Except that the E50 looks like crap, and is edge-lit. It's confusing because of their "360 backlight scanning" thing. Other than that CNet hates it and refers to the edge bleed and muddy grays, etc., etc., etc.

So no no no no no no no.

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/panasonic-tc-l55e50/4505-6482_7-35137859-2.html

Also, I wouldn't buy directly from Paul's TV. The return policy worries me. 1st, you HAVE to inspect the TV for physical damage before the driver leaves. This is hard to do, and TV's don't just hop out of their boxes without hassle.

Further, there is likely to be a restocking fee: Here's their detailed yada yada, and yes, it worries me far too much to risk it. I'll put in red the stuff I just do not like and would keep me from going near them:

Return & Exchange Policy

Items purchased from Paul's TV stores and Paulstv.com are eligible for return or exchange within 30 days of date of purchase, under the following terms and conditions:

The product must be in new condition and free of any physical damage or abuse.
Up to 15% in restocking fees and applicable shipping charges will apply.
All return products must be repacked in the original box and packing, in like new condition, with UPC intact and include all accessories, manuals, and unfilled warranty cards.
All packaged or bundled purchases, in which there is a set price for multiple items, must be returned in their entirety. Any unreturned bundled items will be charged their individual retail price.
The serial number on the product must match the serial number on the box and must be the same serial number we shipped.
Refunds will be issued after all returned items have physically reached Paul's TV and verified to be complete AND free from physical damage or abuse.
In case of defective product, the local authorized service center should be contacted and allowed to service the product.
If you chose expedited shipping or White Glove delivery when purchasing online or installation and/or set up when purchasing in store, those additional fees will not be refunded once the service is performed.
Items bundled with Restaurant.com or any other Gift certificate/Gift card cannot be returned if the envelope containing the Gift Certificate is opened. Gift Certificates of any kind cannot be returned.
Restaurant.com Gift certificates have no cash value and are subject to terms and conditions set forth by Restaurant.com. To see redemption details go to http://restaurant-com.custhelp.com/app/home
Due to health concerns, opened headphones and small appliances are not eligible for return or exchange.

Well Vinnie97, one of the kindest and most helpful and respected members here, got one of these. I wonder how much longer before I get such a message...
You have been banned for the following reason: No reason was specified.
Date the ban will be lifted: Never
post #4 of 7 Old 04-05-2013, 11:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 38
bummer, I thought that it was back lit due to that "back lit scanning" terminology frown.gif. awe well. on my quest to find a good back lit model that's not going to cost me 2 kidneys
post #5 of 7 Old 04-15-2013, 04:35 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
"use coupon "save100" to get it for $750 with white glove delivery" Where can I find this coupon?
post #6 of 7 Old 04-15-2013, 06:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle village View Post

"use coupon "save100" to get it for $750 with white glove delivery" Where can I find this coupon?
The code has since expired from when this was posted.
post #7 of 7 Old 04-16-2013, 03:46 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The code save100 doesn't work ?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page