Recommendations for LED (or plasma?) for under $900 for daughter?? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-31-2013, 08:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My daughters are moving out into an apartment, and I wanted to get them a TV in the 46-50 inch range...46 inch is fine. It will be in their living room with normal lighting and not a great deal of light control, so I was leaning towards LED. I would like to get them the best I can while paying no more than $900, and if possible a little under in the $700-900 range. (I have a 60" Pioneer Kuro and a projector in my own theater, but I am not being as critical here as with my own viewing!) We will be looking at Costco, Sam's club, maybe Amazon online. My impression in going to plasma in this range is the Panasonic ST60 because unlike the S series it is supposed to have better light control/less reflectivity, but this is pushing it a bit on price up to $999. AS far as LED, I have been looking at Samsung UN46F6350A at Costco or Vizio...maybe M series?? I would like to have at least 3 HDMI inputs if possible, and if we go LED then best picture that minimized the potential issues with LED screens (uniformity, blur, etc.).

OK, so I was wondering, anyone have any recommendations as to what the best TV's would be in my price range, realizing the limitations inherent in such a low price range, but buying through a discount place like the above in order to get better quality of set within the range? What currently offered through Costco, for example, maybe in Vizio vs. Samsung, is the best? I would rather get a better picture at 46" than a lesser picture at 50" for them.

Thank you!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-04-2013, 02:50 PM

Liked: 13
The M series has an amazing PQ. I do not think the 6350 comes close. I have seen them both in action at Costco. If your Costco has the M501d, you should try it. It is pretty nice. I have the M551d and previously had an R550A and I returned the Sony and did a bit more research and ended with the Vizio. Never in a million years I thought I would end up with a Vizio. I really wanted the Pany ST60, but due to the fact that I could not find a 55" locally. Another one you could look at is the Panasonic TC-50PS64. I have been debating on getting it, instead of the M551d, but I have no reviews to see if it comes close to the ST60.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-10-2013, 08:37 PM

Liked: 12
I think the extra $100 for the ST60would be well worth it

46 and 50 are pretty close in price and performance
Reply LCD Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page