LG 47KN4600 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 06-10-2013, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I know 3d TVs are on the out with Smart TVs now being showcased by the TV manufacturers... however I do like to watch a good 3D movie from time to time and I'm wondering if grabbing this model is worth it. I already have Roku, PS3 and Xbox, so a smart TV doesn't seem worth paying the extra cash for.

Anyways, I found on the Best Buy website this LG model which is pretty "bare bones" but does handle 3D and with the LG, I think they do 3D pretty well. The catch is this is a refurb and "open box".. so it shows priced at $490.00 and I have a 10% off open box coupon to put it down around $440.

The warranty from LG on refurb is 90 days and one year on a brand new model. The way I see it, the TV will either work out of the box the first few weeks or it won't, so warranty isn't necessarily a deal breaker. I do wonder if anyone has had experience with open box or refurbs and how did it turn out? I can get the same model at Frys brand new for $569 but not sure if I want to pay the extra $120

sorry if this was the wrong posting for this topic but I searched and hadn't seen much info on refurbs in the past few months.

UGH, correction- 47LM4600... typo on the title.