bigboxsuperstore.com ibuysonline.com buyer experience good/bad? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 22 Old 10-06-2013, 07:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Searched and found no mentions of bigboxsuperstore.com but sure saw the mostly negative feedback about alltimetv including a couple threads specifically about that reseller.

Anyone have feedback to share when buying large screen TVs from bigboxsuperstore.com? Or ibuysonline.com

I see they have similarly screaming deals on some TVs (Samsung UN55F8000 for about $1650) I am considering. Hard not to want to save hundreds on a purchase....

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 10-07-2013, 08:15 PM - Thread Starter

Still hoping someone has info to share.

Thanks.
post #3 of 22 Old 12-03-2013, 06:51 AM

12/3/2013 So I just ordered a Samsung UN55F8000 from the BigBoxSuperstore.com yesterday. The deal was exceptional for cyber Monday; $1,574.99 with white glove delivery and they throw in a bunch of stuff I probably wont use (hdmi 3-d cable [no idea about brand/quality], a free wall-mount [that I wont be using], and a 2-yr warranty [that I'm guessing means nothing]). I called today because having read a lot about companies like this I knew that they wouldnt actually place my order until they called to tell me that there was an additional charge for delivery insurance. I dont know why they dont have this as a prominent banner on their checkout page - it's stupid in my opinion and makes people feel scammed when they find out. Knowing this was the case, however, I called because they wont charge you or start the shipping process until they get your approval and I want my TV ASAP. When I called I spoke to someone in customer service - he said his name was Joe - he seemed nice enough if not a bit "used-car salesman" but I got the impression he was being straightforward when I grilled him about return policies etc. The long and the short is you have 48 hours after delivery by freight to inspect and return the set without charge. In other words, if it comes out of the box shattered or with dead pixels they come back within 24 hours to haul it off. I'll update this post once I receive tracking info and/or sale confirmation.

12/4/13 I got the shipping confirmation email last night around 6 or 7 pm. Can't say I'm particularly impressed with the accuracy of the information given by Customer service. I had called at around 5:30 because I was told that I'd receive a shipping confirmation by 3 pm. Still, this obviously isn't a deal-breaker. Anticipated arrival via fedex is Monday 12/9/13. Will keep updating.
post #4 of 22 Old 12-04-2013, 12:31 PM

Hi Kbg1978,

Even I ordered the same model F8000 series in bigboxsuperstore but my order has been pending due to billing and shipping address change.  I got an email from them for confirmation.  I'm trying to reach the support number but no body is picking up the call and also sent so many emails but no reply.

What number did you try to reach?

post #5 of 22 Old 12-04-2013, 01:23 PM

I used the customer service number posted on the top right of their main page: 866-533-2879. I had one or two calls that went to voice mail, but subsequent calls within a minute or so went through. I would just keep on them. Lets hope this pans out for both of us!!
post #6 of 22 Old 12-04-2013, 01:49 PM

Thanks.  I'm able to speak with the customer care.  As you said in your earlier reply,they do cost the shipping insurance around 165$.  Even though adding the shipping insurance, it seems to be a good deal.  I might get the product delivered by end of next week.  Will keep you posted.

thanks again.

post #7 of 22 Old 12-04-2013, 06:40 PM

Was just reading all the posts..I just ordered the 84LM9600 a wopping $8950! of course I had read the reviews and knew they would try and get the "insurance" thing, which I agreed to right away to try and get shipping moving along.  Well they charged my card alright, on the first day I ordered (Cyber Monday which was suppose to include "white glove delivery"- 3 to 5 business days delivery.  This is now day Wednesday evening and I havent yet gotten my tracking info.  I called "Joe" yesterday he told me I would get my shipping tracking number by the end of Tuesday...nothing.  Today I called at 5PM and he says he will have to call me back because he has 5 orders to fill!! How about assisting me with my order first, since I've already be charged!  Anyhow, no call back and its 9:37pm.  I am starting to think this is a scam and they will try and "float" charges coming in for as long as possible and fill some orders that are do-able with no intention of filling others.  I sure hope this is not the case.  I will try and call them again tomorrow.  PS my "insurance" was $388!

post #8 of 22 Old 12-05-2013, 03:29 PM

So here is the update on my 84lm9600 order with Bigboxsuperstore.com.  I was told each day I called I would get a tracking number by the end of the day.  "Joe" kept telling me that the TV was "in-stock" at their warehouse in FL.  Each day that passed, no tracking number.  So I called today to cancel and Joe patches me to his sales supervisor who tells me the item is NOT in stock and it was back ordered and that there is no need to cancel as it will be in any day now.  My heart started racing as I had read many other review from various resellers that once they started down this road, the story would be "it will be in any day now, just dont cancel".  I insisted on canceling and if he did not that i would dispute the charges, he then said "well of course if you really want to cancel we will cancel your order, no problem".  Anyhow, had the sales person "Joe" been upfront about the info and the back order etc right from the start it would have been fine.  Well, Kbg1978, if you got your tracking number you are probably fine.  Sales guy Joe is either very incompetent or unethical about information he was giving me.  If anyone orders from them, maybe ask for the sales manager for info rather than getting it from Joe.

post #9 of 22 Old 12-09-2013, 06:15 AM

Itsadud, sorry to hear about that nonsense.

12/7/13 My TV actually arrived early; it wasnt supposed to come until today (Monday). The TV was absolutely new in box, no question about it. They had opened a portion of the tape to slide in the 3d cable and wall mount that were "bonuses" but the box itself had never been opened. I waited until Sunday morning before setting it up because of the cold - I wanted to give it a chance to acclimate to my house temp before plugging it in. It was definitely riding around in the back of a Fedex truck and was cool if not cold to the touch. Set it up aaaaaaaaand: dead pixel. More or less in the middle and a little bit to the lower left. Heartbreaking. I called in and spoke with someone in customer service who put me in the system and promised a call from the supervisor today. If I havent heard by noon I'll be calling in myself; you have a 48 hour window to report an issue and I want there to be no doubt that I expect a replacement. Will keep you posted.
post #10 of 22 Old 12-10-2013, 12:32 PM

kbg1978 - what's the latest? I was about to pull the trigger on the EXACT same TV with bigboxsuperstore.com when I came across your review.
The dead pixel find is my biggest fear with this purchase given that this is a pretty common occurrence, and who knows how these guys will be with returns.
ugh
post #11 of 22 Old 12-10-2013, 02:56 PM

Hi im just minutes of buying tv from them but im wait till kgb1978 case was happy end i hope. Good luck with them and please post updates. Thanks

post #12 of 22 Old 12-11-2013, 08:21 AM

Hey Guys-

Sorry for the slow reply. I finally spoke with a supervisor after several days of waiting. The long and the short is they are not honoring their guarantee. The supervisor told me that despite being specifically promised by "Joe" in customer service that if there was any damage or defect whatsoever I could return the TV no questions asked so long as I reported it within 48 hours of delivery. Joe's exact words were "if there is anything wrong at all, no matter what, we will pick it up within 24 hours and replace it immediately." Nope. Lie. The supervisor told me a dead pixel was a factory issue that they had no control over and that I would have to deal with Samsung directly. He was as slimy as any worm I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with. While I can understand that certainly Samsung could be held responsible, that does not relieve them of their guarantee. Especially when I paid nearly $200 for that guarantee in the form of shipping insurance (see above). I have disputed the charges with American Express and plan on pursuing them to the bitter end. Run, don't walk away from these cheats.

1/3/13 Update: It was a frustrating process, but ultimately I received a call from Joe in customer service and he stepped up to the plate to honor their guarantee. I cant say I understand everything that happened, but I will say that I was very impressed with Joe's approach. He was professional, apologetic and definitely interested in making things right. Based on my last interaction I would have to give Big Box a lot more credit than this earlier post. Obviously I would have preferred to have not dealt with any hiccups at all, but I am satisfied to receive a full refund, which is what was promised today. I'm not yet sure if I will be ordering a replacement through them or not, but I'll keep the thread up to date if I do.
post #13 of 22 Old 12-11-2013, 09:36 AM

kbg1978 thank you for the detailed write up. For what little it may be worth to you, you can take solace in the fact that because of your review I will not be giving bigboxsuperstore.com my business. 

For anyone else looking at this time, I noticed that a lot of TV's on Amazon.com (amazon direct I mean), will offer a free $200 Amazon gift card. So when you take that into consideration ($200 off), plus the $150-200 in extra insurance the non-sanctioned TV guys charge, for this particular TV in this thread, it costs $200 more to go with Amazon. 

Which for the peace of mind, and Amazon's added return policies as well as the free concierge shipping in which apparently they will bring in the TV and unpack it for you, to me it makes sense.

+++UPDATE+++

Just noticed Amazon has a 30 day return policy for TVs also

Good luck to everyone!

post #14 of 22 Old 12-11-2013, 01:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbg1978 View Post

Hey Guys-

Sorry for the slow reply. I finally spoke with a supervisor after several days of waiting. The long and the short is they are not honoring their guarantee. The supervisor told me that despite being specifically promised by "Joe" in customer service that if there was any damage or defect whatsoever I could return the TV no questions asked so long as I reported it within 48 hours of delivery. Joe's exact words were "if there is anything wrong at all, no matter what, we will pick it up within 24 hours and replace it immediately." Nope. Lie. The supervisor told me a dead pixel was a factory issue that they had no control over and that I would have to deal with Samsung directly. He was as slimy as any worm I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with. While I can understand that certainly Samsung could be held responsible, that does not relieve them of their guarantee. Especially when I paid nearly $200 for that guarantee in the form of shipping insurance (see above). I have disputed the charges with American Express and plan on pursuing them to the bitter end. Run, don't walk away from these cheats.

You should also contact your local BBB (bbb.org) and file a complaint, maybe that will nudge them a little as well... thieves!

post #15 of 22 Old 12-11-2013, 01:40 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, shpitz. I plan on doing just that. I'm nothing if not persistent...

And for the record, I would gladly go back and pay $200 extra to have dealt with Amazon. In fact, if they had that deal at the outset I would have taken it without hesitation. I guess I got caught up in the notion that there wouldnt be a better deal than cyber Monday. Steve is absolutely on the money. If anyone doesnt have Prime by the way, you're only cheating yourself. It pays for itself almost immediately.
post #16 of 22 Old 04-16-2014, 06:41 AM

I just purchased a samsung un65f8000 from Big Box Superstore. They called me and said that I need to pay $180 for shipping and tried to sell me a warrantee plan. It was such a good price on the tv that I went ahead and purchased both the shipping and warrantee. They sent me a tracking number with FedEx and said I would have the tv in 5-7 days. I called FedEx and they received the shipping notice but have NOT received the tv and it was generated 4/9/2014. I cannot get a return call from Big Box Superstore, after numerous calls and emails. IS THIS COMPANY A SCAM! and should I file a fraud report and have at them????

post #17 of 22 Old 04-16-2014, 07:54 AM

Amazon.com will match the prices of many online and brick and mortar retailers - you can find the list at http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=201133230.

When you spend this kind of money, it's nice to know your retailer will stand by you when there's any kind of problem. Amazon makes mistakes, but they fix them too.
post #18 of 22 Old 04-16-2014, 08:04 AM

That's nice, but I already have paid for one......

post #19 of 22 Old 04-16-2014, 08:28 AM

Sorry, I wasn't replying directly back to your message, but more generally, trying to let all of the deal shoppers know this.
post #20 of 22 Old 04-16-2014, 08:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Amazon WILL NOT match the price from this place because they are not an authorized dealer. Amazon has a list of online retailers they will match and it conforms to most manufacturer's authorized dealer lists. Good luck, ike23.
post #21 of 22 Old 05-01-2014, 01:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by ike23 View Post

I just purchased a samsung un65f8000 from Big Box Superstore. They called me and said that I need to pay $180 for shipping and tried to sell me a warrantee plan. It was such a good price on the tv that I went ahead and purchased both the shipping and warrantee. They sent me a tracking number with FedEx and said I would have the tv in 5-7 days. I called FedEx and they received the shipping notice but have NOT received the tv and it was generated 4/9/2014. I cannot get a return call from Big Box Superstore, after numerous calls and emails. IS THIS COMPANY A SCAM! and should I file a fraud report and have at them????
Ike, did the TV show up?
post #22 of 22 Old 07-29-2014, 01:20 PM

Liked: 0
CHECK YOUR TV'S, CALL THE MANUFACTURE, GIVE THEM THE SERIAL NUMBER AND LET THEM CONFIRM THIS UNIT IS OR IS NOT REFURBISHED!
IF IT IS GET PROOF FROM THE FACTORY, SHOW YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY THE NEW PROOF GET A FULL REFUND AND LET THEM COME PICK IT UP.. THIS PUTS YOU IN CHARGE.. YOU DONT EVEN HAVE TO PACKAGE IT BACK UP THATS KHTEEB'S PROBLEM
AFTER ALL THIS AND YOU WANT SOME REAL CLARIFICATION FROM THE MAN IN CHARGE EMAIL EKNY01@GMAIL.COM >> THIS IS THE OWNERS EMAIL THAT'S SCAMMING THE WORLD

big box superstore is also known as plasma house.com melldigital.com, drplasma.com and much more. They sold me refurbished items, up charged me after the fact with fees and it took me 4 weeks to get my money back...
EREZ KHTEEB, son of EDNA KHTEEB AND DAVID KHTEEB, brother of LEAT KHTEEB & OSHER KHTEEB... In fact Khteeb uses different names like Eric or Erec to make different company's like this
Reply LCD Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page